Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Anbesol liquid is my saviour, I get loads of ulcers when I'm a bit run down. I agree re bonjela cool it's a medieval form of torture!!!

Well went to doctor on Thursday and mouth ulcers were put down to stress, a virus or...hormones:rolleyes: Given a prescription for mouth wash, a gel and a spray and just said to him as he was printing it out about bruise type lumps on my shins. He had eyes like fried eggs. Trip to A&E, marker pen put round red lumps on my shins,chest x-ray and some blood tests later and I've got something called erythema nodosum. I had a sore throat a few weeks ago...have constant sore throats and am waiting to get my tonsils out...and I seem to have had either a reaction to the antibiotics or the bug that caused the sore throat in the first place. It also explains why I constantly feel like I'm coming down with the cold, achy joints, slight temp etc. Good news is it doesn't last that long....and I got a sick note for work!! :D Just ibuprofen and rest till it goes of its own accord. Thankfully have had no new mouth ulcers and they seem to have got over the worst painful bit. I also didn't realise that chocolate and mouth ulcers don't go together...agony!! Thanks for all your suggestions and Carrie I picked up some berocca as it can't do any harm. Feel a bit like I've got flu at the minute but at least I'm managing to eat better than when ulcers were at their worst. Weighed in this morning and 2.8lbs down so very happy with that. Will catch up better tomorrow, hope everyone's weekend is going well x

I'm new here and just wanted to say what an inspiration you are. I've just read your diary right through from the beginning and you have done so well. You've given me hope it will work for me too.

Oooh, enjoy being a couch potato! Gotta love drs orders! Glad no new ones have appeared though. Hopefully recovery is in hand. Xxx

Salt water was far better than what chemist gave me..Bonjela Cool...I actually cried for about 10 minutes with the pain after applying it, no joke pure agony.

Wednesday - DD

2 bowls of porridge and a lot of water and cooled down tea.

Calories- Well less than 500

Mouth is soooooo sore...another 5 mouth ulcers came up near the back of my throat and tonsils. And I've got weird bruises on my shins??? Doctor in morning. Made my step challenge...just. Can't believe tomorrow it's going to be May already...where is this year going!

This year is going ....to be the one u reach ur target - and whatever ur Mum thinks ur doing great!!

Well went to doctor on Thursday and mouth ulcers were put down to stress, a virus or...hormones:rolleyes: Given a prescription for mouth wash, a gel and a spray and just said to him as he was printing it out about bruise type lumps on my shins. He had eyes like fried eggs. Trip to A&E, marker pen put round red lumps on my shins,chest x-ray and some blood tests later and I've got something called erythema nodosum. I had a sore throat a few weeks ago...have constant sore throats and am waiting to get my tonsils out...and I seem to have had either a reaction to the antibiotics or the bug that caused the sore throat in the first place. It also explains why I constantly feel like I'm coming down with the cold, achy joints, slight temp etc. Good news is it doesn't last that long....and I got a sick note for work!! :D Just ibuprofen and rest till it goes of its own accord. Thankfully have had no new mouth ulcers and they seem to have got over the worst painful bit. I also didn't realise that chocolate and mouth ulcers don't go together...agony!! Thanks for all your suggestions and Carrie I picked up some berocca as it can't do any harm. Feel a bit like I've got flu at the minute but at least I'm managing to eat better than when ulcers were at their worst. Weighed in this morning and 2.8lbs down so very happy with that. Will catch up better tomorrow, hope everyone's weekend is going well x

Gosh - ur having a tough time - hope ur feeling at least a bit better by the time u read this - hope ur resting - take care xx

I weigh in pounds normally and have just realised when updating my stats... I'm in the 12's !!:faint2:

well done isn't it a great feeling to drop the next stone down?

You'd think lying about all day I'd update here more often?? Must admit feel like total pants. I have serious respect for anyone who has any kind of joint pain or arthritis or the like. My joints are killing me particularly my knees and hips... but weirdly my elbows and toes too! I'm lucky that it will clear up quickly for me don't know how anyone copes with chronic pain. I'm like a junkie sitting waiting on my next dose of painkillers when they start to wear off and to see me shuffle to the bathroom you'd think I was a hundred. I'm fine when I'm lying down...just can't move easily. And trying to sleep with your legs elevated is uncomfy. On the plus side mouth ulcers are on the way out and apart from the joint pain and that my lower legs look like red, shiny, lumpy, overstuffed sausages that's all the symptoms I should get with this. Boss at work was unhappy with my sick note and said could I not just work anyway as I work from home...so I sent him a picture of my shins in their full glory with the word no :D Proved quite effective! Have done my normal 2 fast days so far this week but have upped my calories on them to 750 as I need to have something to eat when I take the painkillers. I haven't adjusted my UDs though as I had read elsewhere that others found you could have up to 750 calories on a DD and still lose the same...will find out on Saturday. Going to try and get back into a normal routine of getting up and dressed tomorrow as I think it would do me good. Will need to do an online shop and could do something more productive than flick from one bad daytime tv programme to another for hours on end :eek:

Take care. Ali. It sounds horrible. :( I'm still here, just trying a different tack for a while. I've piled it on since the hospital trips, etc and need a faster way to shift it. I look like a teletubby at the moment. xx

It sounds awful, really hope you notice some speedy improvements. Xxx

Sounds awful honey, sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Well done on fasting while you're poorly x

Poor you, sounds awful Love the fact you sent the boss a photo though! Get well soon and REALLY well done on keeping the fasting going.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Take care. Ali. It sounds horrible. :( I'm still here, just trying a different tack for a while. I've piled it on since the hospital trips, etc and need a faster way to shift it. I look like a teletubby at the moment. xx

It sounds awful, really hope you notice some speedy improvements. Xxx

Sounds awful honey, sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Well done on fasting while you're poorly x

Poor you, sounds awful Love the fact you sent the boss a photo though! Get well soon and REALLY well done on keeping the fasting going.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for your kind wishes xx

So, Yesterday's UD food

Breakfast - All bran mixed with rice krispies, skimmed milk...no banana and not enough of either cereal for a portion

Lunch - Pot noodle :eek: , 2 slices of toast with marmite, penguin biscuit (had gone all soft and tasted weird...still ate it!!)

Dinner - 2 fish fingers, 3 chicken dippers, 1 sausage, half a dozen oven chips, a decidedly dodgy looking waffle and a tin of beans

Snacks- 1 babybel light, stale tea biscuits, a dry ryvita, packet of stale crisps

Safe to say I need to get a shop in :rolleyes: Literally surviving on the dregs of what was in the freezer and cupboards. Had been running them down as was planning on spring cleaning kitchen etc Rotten day's food

Today's food- DD

Stale tea biscuits
Noodles with laughing cow melted into them :sign0137:

2 babybel light

4 teaspoons of sugar eaten straight from the packet :ashamed0005:

Calorie wise it may have been ok but absolutely minging food past 2 days. Shopping is being delivered tomorrow morning :gimi:

Back