Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

So, really hungry all weekend but stuck to my UD limits. First DD of the week today and had a eureka moment and decided to make it easier on myself....ate the contents of the fridge, freezer and cupboards so I can now be totally on plan for the next four days till weigh in as I have no food left....:eek:......:break_diet:.....:wave_cry:

Hi, i struggled & was unable to fast yesterday - absolutely starving so I ate some junk. Was going to try again today but decided to aim for 1200 cals or lower. I need to stock up with fizzy water to get me through a fast days.

Set a day for your next fast & have another go!

TJ x

Thanks Lexie and Kitty x

This has to have been the hungriest week I've had in forever. Every single day...both UDs and DDs has been a complete struggle not to lose the plot. I have no idea what has caused it but after using every single bit of willpower I possess to stay on track the blooming scales better give me a good loss tomorrow or I will eat the contents of the fridge! Have stayed away from them all week as I knew seeing a number I didn't like would cause me to cave. I was so looking forward to getting back to fasting but it has been a tough week and all I feel is grumpy...and hungry! :(

Had x-ray at hospital and instead of being let go when they checked it I was made to wait nearly 2 hours to see a consultant. Freaked me out a bit as I was wondering what they had seen on it. Normally you just get the results back through your own GP a few days later. Anyway I have a chest infection..something to do with fluid showing on the x-ray. Antibiotics and an inhaler to go home with after I'd had to cough up into a specimen pot to have it tested...nice!!! All probably related to the sore throat/flu I had that may have given me the achy joints and sore legs. I don't actually feel that bad, just have no energy and need to keep to the painkiller routine. At least it has kept work quiet...you can't argue with an x-ray :)
Poor u - u are having a rough time - it could be the infection that's been making u hungry - it sounds as if it's taken the stuffing out of u too - glad work is leaving u in peace - take carex

Well I got back on track when I got up in the morning and had a normal UD. Not trying to squeeze in an extra fast will just do Wednesday and Friday and see what number the scales give me. Think that binge had been building for a few weeks. Eating at TDEE was tough...which sounds stupid! There was no leeway for many treats though what with being sedentary and not able to earn extra calories through any form of exercise. It makes me all the more certain that to maintain I'll need a fast day in the mix to give me a few extra calories to spare. Add some daily walking and a bit of exercise and it should mean I'll still be able to eat a decent amount. Thankfully my binge seems to have settled me and today was not the ferocious hunger I've felt of late. Must admit am feeling physically a lot better...think the antibiotics must be doing their job. Heard from a colleague that there is rumour of more redundancies happening at the end of this month...have a feeling my name will be on the list :p Fast day in the morning so probably should get some sleep.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. You're doing really really well despite your illness & hassle from work; now you've gotten yourself back on track after a slight slip - well done.

Have a good day.

TJ x

Hi - good to hear ur feeling better - u've had a tough few months - if the redundancy rumours are realised - maybe that could be an opportunity for u to move on as u've talked about??

This weight loss lark is tough isn't it - but u've done so well and got over ur blip quickly - once ur able to exercise u'll be able to eat more and will feel better all round - take carex

Fast day yesterday was successful and a nice controlled UD today. Fast tomorrow and then weigh in. Hoping my theory of... one bad day doesn't mean it's a bad week ...will give me a loss. On a side note...does anyone have a fitbit? If so what kind of calorie burn do you get from 10,000 steps?

Well done fast day and UD days - I'd agree that 6 good days and 1 bad one equals a LOSS!! Don't have a fitbit but googled 10k steps - seems u'd burn off 300-400 calories dep on speed, body weight etc - ti'll be interesting to see what fitbit wd come up with. Good luck for ur fast 2moro - how are u feeling now?

So weigh in this morning after 2 fasts this past week, 4 good UDs and one blip...and 1.8lbs off. Really happy with that and confirms what I already knew that one bad day doesn't mean it's going to be a bad week. Feeling so much better physically as well. Have next week off and then I'm cleared to go back to work :) So I've been intermittent fasting for 7 months now and that's 62lbs gone...for people who doubt it, it does work and it is a sustainable way of losing weight. Going to have a think this weekend about how I want to tweak things diet wise. Still three fasts a week, but really need to start thinking about what I'm eating on all days not just calories. I want to become less reliant on junk and try and wean myself off sugar. I want to break bad habits for the good of my health long term...being a healthy weight isn't the only thing that makes you healthy....you can be slim and unhealthy!! I know the fashionable term is to "eat clean" and I suppose that is what I'd aim to do but would also stick to the 80/20 rule...because life is for living. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Hot and sunny here and about to have bbq with all the trimmings and home made ice cream for afters :D x

My brother is staying and I feel like a stranger in my own house....he thought nothing of inviting his friends round last night without asking :mad:

In a really grumpy mood...probably too grumpy to be on Minis. I can see me ending up getting into a battle of words with people and their ill informed opinions on fasting both on here and in real life. Two of my "friends" ,and I use that word loosely, are seemingly supportive of my weight loss but then yesterday made some catty comments. Apparently I'll put it back on cause it'll never last etc....and they brought cakes with them and left what wasn't eaten laughing saying "I'm sure you'll manage to polish them off". Well just like my diet needs cleaning up so does my social circle. I don't need friends like them. Just like I didn't need butt munch ex who put me down. I only want people who respect me and like me for who I am regardless of my size etc and the rest who want to use me to boost their own self esteem can bog off. So next time they call....I'm not going to be available.

Back