Steves Re-Loss Thread

I guess not!! I think I am going to have to just be patient and let nature take its course now. I am eating home-made muesli for brekkie (home-made so that I know exectly what is in it), and then various combinations of chicken, salad, fish, and veggies for the other meals. I have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack (ususlly just a piece of fruit) .... I exercise 3x a week, for about an hour a go ....

I have kept a food diary for the past week to make sure I am not doing something I shouldn't, and I believe that I have been true to myself and written every last item in there.

I have worked out that the most I am having in a day is in the region of 1000 to 1200 calories ...... and my weight is utterly and completely stable.

I can deal with my weight as it is - that is not a problem. What is playing with my head is the fact that If I go back to a "normal" calorie level of circa 2000, my head tells me that my weight will go up. If it is stable at 1000 calories, then doubling it will cause me to gain weight. It is this that I am worried about ..... and it is doing my head in!

Steve

HI Steve

Well done on losing the regain - I think that when you have been on vlcd for a while - the body can get a bit tired of the constant yo-yo losses gains, eating, not eating, bineging etc - Personally I think you should simply continue eating healthy for maybe 3 month building up to 1500-1800 cals (have you completed maintenace - on CD you work up to 1500 plan) then after a few months of maintaing and building up to 1800 cals - then maybe try and cut back to 1200-1000 and thenm lose the last 7lbs or so - hope this makes a bit of sense.

Caz xx

Hiya Steve.,

Just a thought the British Heart Foundation state that when you lose weight, you actually need less calories to keep you in maintenance, I have tried to have a look for the details, but their site is down at the moment, but I have the information at home, perhaps I can scan it and paste it to you.

But hey you are eating healthily and if you are happy to I think what broadpaws has suggested by building up your intake slowly is a good idea. At the end of the day you know what makes you put weight on, all you have to do is not get stuck there again. But that is the answer to everyone.

Icemoose (Mike) has been in maintenance for over a year I think that he could probably help you tremendously. Perhaps you could contact him, if he doesn't mind that is.

xx

I am happy to do what is necessary. Like I said, as long as I don't gain weight I am cool with it. I suppose I am just obsessing about the possible weight gain, but from my heaviest 18.5, I am still amost 7st lighter, so what do I have to moan/worry about? :)

That's what my wife keeps saying to me - but then she is and always has been thin and seems to find it effortless to stay like it ....

As Broadpaws says, my body is just probably tired of it all, and it is now sending messages for me to stop.

I am gonna do what you suggest, and keep eating healthily, and let nature "happen". When summer comes and I am living off nothing but salad, I think I will lose more poundage anyway .....

I need to stop being obsessed by my weight .....

Steve

Hi Steve,

Husband is 5' 10" tall and he was doing a combination WW/GI/PaulMcKenna and it took him months to get the last few pounds off, to get to 11 stone.

He has been stable since around end of August. This week he got the scales to move to 1lb. under the 11 stone as he wants to have a little bit of scope to play around with as he feels good at 11 stone.

Takes time and patiences for sure.

Have you found what weight you feel good at?

Love Mini xxx

My lightest has been 10.12, but I did not stay there for long as I went to Greece for 3 weeks!!

I stayed around 11.2 and felt good there, but always had it nagging away at the back of my mind that I wanted to be sub 11. Never really known why .... I think maybe LL brainwashed me into the BMI idea, and even though I have had uncle Tom Cobbly and all tell me that BMI is a rubbish one-size-doesnt-fit-all measurement ( and I tell others the same thing!!), I think that the LL counselling got into my subconscious ... and that is where this comes from. 11st at my height gives me a BMI of 25 ....

I am somewhat vertically challenged at 5' 6", but at my current 11.7 my BF is in the excellent range according to the gym, it being 15%.

Maybe I will just have to accept that for my "build", my weight is best where it is ......

As I said, I will have to stop obsessing about the weight and concentrate now on being healthy, and just let nature happen .... within reason of course!!

:) Steve

You have done so well and sometimes its easy to lose sight of what you have achieved (I know as I forget frequently and I am far more critical of my body shape now than I ever was 10 stone heavier!!)

Reflection is good - YOU have done amazing - just enjoy some normal eating for a while and build those cal sup you are working out so you should not be gaining with the extra cals -

Well done

Caz x

Back