Sticking it out!

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
I've been on LT now for just over 5months and lost 7st, I'm 11st13bls now and a size 12. My BMI says I'm 28, overweight-great compared to the 40 something it was before.Problem is, my mam is really starting to be awful about the whole thing and saying I'm obsessed and was trying to get me to come off it. I can assure you I'm only as obsessed as is normal to be when you've lost seven stone and i certainly do have a bit more to lose, so why come off it after coming so far and not yet at goal?? She was always slimmer than me-until now and i really think it could be jeliousy?? She was saying wanting to be a size 10 is revolting, as if i was saying i want to be a size 6 or ZERO!! I'm a really curvy girl, even after seven stone i still have double Ds but she was saying that they are gone etc.
Sorry for ranting but she's really upset me-this from a woman who spent years calling me fat when we'd argue!!
I just feel like nobody seems to "get it"!

xxx

i think you should carry on if thats what you want only you know what weight you feel comfortable with x

Thank you so much donna!! I just feel like everyone is hughly against LT! It was ok when i started cos i was so big people were just glad i was doing something about it but now that I've just a bit to go everyones dead against it:(
xxx

Ah.., Mothers can be so funny~strange. :confused:

It could be jealousy or she could be worried about you getting too thin.
My Mum started freaking out when I got to a 14 and started plying the pressure to get off LT that I was 'small enough'.

Perhaps if you explain it to her from a health angle that your BMI is 28 and it needs to be min 25.

If all doesn't work you may have to say a firm 'I love you and understand what your saying but - butt out' :):)

sometimes you cant win, whatever you do :) do what you feel comfortable with

h xx

do what you feel is best for you, only saying this as i have also been told by someone close to me that i surely must stop now. mainly because i an now 9lb lighter than her so yea it could be the green eyed monster. ignore your mothers comments and continue doing what's healthy for you, well done on the great loss so far.

P.S. A huge congrats on losing 7 stone Daisy!!!
Fantastic achievement well done girl, and keep going :)

She's been so supportive about it until i got to a 12-she's a 14, and yesterday she was showing me pics of her in a bikini saying "look how slim i am" "oh don't i look skinny", which she did-fab body she has!!-no belly or nothing, so it's almost like she's annoyed with me. i don't know!:(

Thanks guys!
x

and its also great to see you back on here...id missed your happy jokey self :)

well done on the fantastic weightloss ..you must be estatic xx

h

I know, i miss this place soooo much!! My new house has the net but i no longer have a lovely housemate who's generous with her laptop! I must invest in one!!
This place and all you guys really cheer me up:):)
I'm so happy for you all who i started with-you, tracy, gary etc who've come

daisy 98lb gone already, you can't stop now you've got to get your ticker into triple figures surely lol

fantastic loses don't let negativity creep in now

ooops, so far!! and all the newbes-well since i've been AWOL!
xx

Hi Dasiy
First of all congratulations on ur weight loss. Its fantastic what u have acheived is such a short time. U should be so proud of urself.
Like urself when i hit a bmi of 28 my family started to pester me to come off the diet. I have always been big... in around 12.5 stone and noone knew me as any different. I can carry that weight quiet well cause i'm tall and broad. When i had the 4 kids i was fat, and kept getting fatter. I argued that at a bmi of 28 i was not healthy. So i stuck with the diet until i had planned. Now i could never go back on LFR without so many rows. I would have to keep it a secret from family and friends.
After 3 weeks now the thin feeling is gone and i want to loose more. I'm gonna do it the harder way.(Healthy eating)
STAY ON LT UNTIL UR READY AND HAPPY IN URSELF
Don't mind ur mother. The change in u must be incredible and maybe a lot 4 her to accept but its ur body. Tell her ur nearly where u want to be and that u need her support. I hope it all works out 4 u.
u are amazing

she sounds just like my mum happy i only did LT for 4 days and quit under pressure from cooking for the family so i told her yesterday i was going back on it and she said "i don't like you doing that diet you've always been chunky" but i don't want to be chunky anymore after 3 kids i'm feeling worse for wear but no-one seems to get it hun. do whats right for you as i will hun x

Hey hun. I'd say it's a mixture of anxiety and perhaps a smidgen of jealousy that your mother is feeling. She's naturally going to be worried about you, after all you've lost so much weight! :D However, as someone has already said, if you sit down and explain the way the BMI system works and tell her that you're at 28, which means you still have 3 points to go until you're in the 'healthy' range perhaps she will ease up a little. Also perhaps pointing out that LT is ~only~ available in pharmacies or via your GP (we'll pretend eBay doesn't exist because I don't think anyone should be silly and buy LT packs from there!) and that therefore your health is being monitored by a health professional may help to ease her feelings about you going too far. Explaining that it would be very difficult for you to take the diet too far because of the fact that it's monitored in the way it is may help to calm her down a bit.

Besides the mother worries however I would be very tempted to say do whatever it is that you feel happy with. If you want a BMI of 25 then go for it girlie! You've done so fantastically well that you've obviously got the willpower so just shut your ears to the negative comments and continue on your way to feeling just how you've worked so hard all of these months to feel! xx

Just keep going hun. I guess she is unfamiliar with this new you and maybe doesn't like the idea of change. She obviously will just have to get used to it!

HEY THERE STRANGER!

WOW, you are doing amazingly well - you must look and feel like a new woman! Well done! I have had somethign very similar, my mum started telling people I was skelelton! I mean, what part of 11st 1lb was skeletol!! It made me laugh, but like yuor mum, my mum had always been thinner than me, I totally believe its jealousy. I have put on a bit since my wedding and not the skeleton comments are forgotton and am now getting " now dont go getting fat again" argh cant win! I would just keep going, tough luck if she aint supportive, you are the one doing the har dwork, not her! You dont have long to go now babe, just remember to keep those curves, thats whats sexy in a woman, agree with your mum on that point!

xxx

Oh god, you've all cheered me up so much!!
That's true, i want this to be my only time on LT, as much as i love it i really don't want to become a yo yo lipotrimmer. I just want to get to my healthy weight and size, do maintanance to a T and join weight watchers to become a healthy eater for life. If i came off now i know id go back on at some stage and always see it as an easy way to drop a stone whereas if i get to goal and buy all my new size 10s then i wont want to put it back on, if you know what i mean?
Aww you're all so great you've really lifted my spirits like you wouldn't believe!!
Thank you sooooooo much!!
x

I think you are absolutey right that you should get to target as I deffo see lipotrim as a quick fix these days! I am trying to get down to 11st but it shappening very slowly as I cant quite get right into the swing again.. it will happen tho!

I thought at 11st I was still fat but looking back I can see now I wasna. 11 stone is calling me!!

well done again, your a star!

HEY... LOOKING GOOD!

I've been on LT now for just over 5months and lost 7st, I'm 11st13bls now and a size 12. My BMI says I'm 28, overweight-great compared to the 40 something it was before.Problem is, my mam is really starting to be awful about the whole thing and saying I'm obsessed and was trying to get me to come off it. I can assure you I'm only as obsessed as is normal to be when you've lost seven stone and i certainly do have a bit more to lose, so why come off it after coming so far and not yet at goal?? She was always slimmer than me-until now and i really think it could be jeliousy?? She was saying wanting to be a size 10 is revolting, as if i was saying i want to be a size 6 or ZERO!! I'm a really curvy girl, even after seven stone i still have double Ds but she was saying that they are gone etc.
Sorry for ranting but she's really upset me-this from a woman who spent years calling me fat when we'd argue!!
I just feel like nobody seems to "get it"!

xxx

Hey, you look very sexy in your picture and I can imagine even with a BMI of 28 you look hot! But I am about 28 BMI also, and I know myself it is still too chubby for me! I think you need to keep your resolve and stay focused to you get to your goal.

I agree with Pineapple, I think your Mum is jealous. I dont know your Mum personally of course, but I have seen this myself with my own Mum on occassion over weight and other issues. I didnt know what to do and it was really upsetting, one day I just said to her that the only thing I want from my mum is her support, that knowing that I have her backing and words of encouragement to help me reach my goals is worth so much to me, and that I would love her to be proud of me when I achieve my goal. When I said this to my mum i think the penny dropped and now I hardly ever see that wee glimmer of jealously pop its ugly head. I also think it helps that you give you Mum 100% total support and encouragement in anything that she is doing and show her through your words and actions how you want to be supported by her.

Having the support of your Mum is a big help, work on creating an atmosphere that this can flourish. If you do not feel that it can be improved then I would say the best thing to do is not to mention LT to her anymore, just stay silently committed to your goal.

Im sure your Mum deep down is really proud of you and wants you to achieve a healthy BMI! You just got to give her a wee nudge and help to remind her that you 2 are there for eachother.

Good luck
xox

Back