Serves: 4
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif
5*
(*Add 6 Syns per serving if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra)

ingredients

3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

method

1. Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly, and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on a high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
3. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately on a bed of crispy salad.

Can someone tell me where the 2 syns come from?! would it be the honey or the balsamic?
THANKS!

Oh yes you'd should, it was amazing! I waited unrolled the sauce thickened and drizzled it over my salad. It was lush.

Thinking of making the same dressing for my salad tonight! X

That definitely needs trying and hadn't spotted it on the website!!

I waited unrolled the sauce thickened and drizzled it over my salad. It was lush.

Thinking of making the same dressing for my salad tonight! X

Excellent idea!!!!;)

It's also nice to add in fresh chillies and some garlic to give it an extra kick I normally do this with chicken or beef and serve with either sw chips and salad or sw egg fried rice if I want a fakeaway :)

Gonna try it this week, sounds lush! :D

This is on my 'to-try-list'. The website suggested serving with salad but I'm not a ge salad eater so I might have it with SW fried rice. Hopefully it's not too dry!

That looks delicious.

Just wondering why it's 5 syns on a green day plus a healthy extra - I'd have thought that honey is the same syns on all plans?

Extra syns on a green day are for the chicken not the honey.

For a diabetic version omit the honey and use Agave nectar instead. It syns the same but doesn't mess with the insulin. (buy from tesco or waitrose)

I'm making my own spin on this: cooking prawns, marinated in the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Boil noodles, cook prawns, spring onions and peppers, then add noodles. Hope it's nice :) x

Tano said:
I'm making my own spin on this: cooking prawns, marinated in the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Boil noodles, cook prawns, spring onions and peppers, then add noodles. Hope it's nice :) x

Hi Tano...how did this go? I've got no balsamic but have vinegar so was hoping yours turned out well!! ;) x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Loundy said:
Hi Tano...how did this go? I've got no balsamic but have vinegar so was hoping yours turned out well!! ;) x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

It was soooo lovely! I added garlic and chilli too :) x

It was soooo lovely! I added garlic and chilli too :) x

Ohhh awesome! Did you use the same qty's of vinegar etc as in the original recipe?

Totally want to try this now :drool:...I love stir frys at the moment, do you think you could use your adapted recipe for chicken too?

x

Definoitely, chicken would be lovely too! Yeah i used all the ingredients. I'm sure it will be fine with honey and soy sauce only :)

Back