• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sticky maple syrup chicken

I made this last night , it's from the Cook yourself thin book ( pink one) . It was lovely and quite spicy . I will most certainly be making this again . (would also be lovely over Pork chops)

EE 2.5 syns in the maple syrup .
Serves 2

Maple syrup chicken

2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 tsp chilli flakes ( was quite spicy for hubby may reduce amount next time )
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper.

Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the chicken in a selaed tub for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake covered loosely with foil in a shallow dish for around 35 minutes.
Reserving the marinade into a pan. Bring marinade to the boil and reduce by half. Pour marinade over cooked chicken srving on a bed of rice to soak up the sauce.
I also had brocoli and carrots with it .

:eat:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Blaze

is a tasty crumpet
This is absolutely gorgeous - I couldn't be bothered cooking it in the oven, so I just did it in the pan and cooked it long enough for the marinade to reduce. It. Is. Fantastic.

Definitely one of my new favourite recipes!

Blaze

is a tasty crumpet
I've come back again to sing its praises - all I've heard this week from my partner is 'Do we have any chicken left?' 'I can't find any chicken!' 'I NEED the maple syrup chicken, argh!'. :D

aislingb

loves a curlywurly
sounds gorgeous definately gonna try that this week!

I think I will try this tonight as I was having chicken anyway x