Sticky maple syrup chicken

Crazyfool

Silver Member
I made this last night , it's from the Cook yourself thin book ( pink one) . It was lovely and quite spicy . I will most certainly be making this again . (would also be lovely over Pork chops)

EE 2.5 syns in the maple syrup .
Serves 2

Maple syrup chicken

2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic crushed
1/2 tsp chilli flakes ( was quite spicy for hubby may reduce amount next time )
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper.

Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the chicken in a selaed tub for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake covered loosely with foil in a shallow dish for around 35 minutes.
Reserving the marinade into a pan. Bring marinade to the boil and reduce by half. Pour marinade over cooked chicken srving on a bed of rice to soak up the sauce.
I also had brocoli and carrots with it .

:eat:

That sounds yummy, definately going to try this as i think my daughter would like it too!!

This is absolutely gorgeous - I couldn't be bothered cooking it in the oven, so I just did it in the pan and cooked it long enough for the marinade to reduce. It. Is. Fantastic.

Definitely one of my new favourite recipes!

I've come back again to sing its praises - all I've heard this week from my partner is 'Do we have any chicken left?' 'I can't find any chicken!' 'I NEED the maple syrup chicken, argh!'. :D

sounds gorgeous definately gonna try that this week!

I think I will try this tonight as I was having chicken anyway x

Tried this for dinner today. Lovely! I didn't cook it in the oven just chucked the whole lot in a wok. Will definitely be having this again. :)

This sounds lovely! Can i double check, you marinate the chicken overnight in the sauce and then cook the chicken and sauce seperatley?

Back