Sticky or not sticky?? please vote here.

Sticky subject

• Yes, great idea

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, its fine as it is

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Unsure?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Ok before I get my head beaten in here I do think that he did have a point to some degree.

I have before been looking for something and not been able to find it, and could well be one of those ones that you don't wish to be rude to... and I have been here a couple of months now and NO I didn't know about the search bar.

It is hard to find something in the recipe section when there is convo and is it green or red what page was it.. what was it called again... I can really see where our Mechman was coming from.

I know there is a pudding section... but maybe it could be broken into ... red... green ... I know myself that would cut the hours of searching that we all do!

And it has saddened me a little that those that have been here a long time are a little put off coming cause us newbies are posting and not looking.... there are many pages here and how do we know if what we are after has been written about? Unless we do read all the posts that have been written.

I mean I did the other day and got ... oooh blast from the past.

So I say cut the guy a little slack... it was a reasonable request to save time in the long run for us all.... but then I can see that you don't want 101 stickies.

So what is the answer... lots of posts for questions that have been answered a long time ago... Posting rules.... or maybe... red days... green days... puddings... syns... syns... blah blah....

*Ok right I am off to beat myself over the head before the comments start.* :8855:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy..... thanks for that...:8855::8855: I am sure my husband would love to do that anyway... no questions asked and I am sure I just saw him with a bat in his hand!!!

Just wrote on your other thread.

treats, many thanks for the support. I cant take all this lot on, on my own lol

We don't mean to be that bad honest.:D

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy..... thanks for that...:8855::8855: I am sure my husband would love to do that anyway... no questions asked and I am sure I just saw him with a bat in his hand!!!

Just wrote on your other thread.

Sorry couldn't resist:D

I think everyone has as bugbear. Mine is the use of certain smilies that do my head in, but I generally keep those opinions to myself. But on the whole, I am with Rainbow and Claire. I havn't been coming on nearly as much as I was cos all the stupid, mainly irrelevant posts are driving me nuts.

Maybe a sub forum for recipes wouldn't be such a bad idea?!

As for the clutter, I find that there are many people who, rather than have a diary, will start a new thread for every WI, every piece of news, every little thing. It would be good if new members are encouraged to start aa diary

I think everyone has as bugbear. Mine is the use of certain smilies that do my head in, but I generally keep those opinions to myself. But on the whole, I am with Rainbow and Claire. I havn't been coming on nearly as much as I was cos all the stupid, mainly irrelevant posts are driving me nuts.
Which smileys?

:8855: That one! :D

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Sorry couldnt resist!!!!

So what posts are the ones that annoy/irritate people? I don't mind either way about the stickys, mainly cos i have all the recipes i love and just look at the new ones :D I like the fact that the forum is quite active, it never occured to me that it would annoy anyone.

Well as a newbie i was getting lost on the forum today so I have started a diary but not sure if i put it in the right place have put it in food diaries but its an all round diary so if its in the wrong place can a lovely mod move it to the correct one?

If its a ramble diary it should be here with all the other thread just food one up there hun

Its hard to keep up sometimes eh
xx

Well as a newbie i was getting lost on the forum today so I have started a diary but not sure if i put it in the right place have put it in food diaries but its an all round diary so if its in the wrong place can a lovely mod move it to the correct one?

If it's a day to day diary, post it on here. If it's a diary just about your food, post it in the food diary section.

Nah a lot off ppl have both in this part of forum.... Iv both but forget 9/10 that I have a food one!?x

Back