Sticky or not sticky?? please vote here.

Sticky subject

• Yes, great idea

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, its fine as it is

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Unsure?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I dont think its got jack all to do with new people.. or "old timers".. that actually really puts me off coming into this section when i hear people speaking like that.. Im sorry, but its like saying you have more right to an opinion than anyone else.. i agree its cluttered sometimes.. but the search facility is a bit difficult sometimes. for example.. if i was searching.. "low syn".. it wouldnt search, as the words are too small.. if you get me.. if only there was some way of showing that there is a diary section, and a WI section, and chit chat for all off topic things.. But i know how annoying it is when ive searched for ages to find something, and i just bloody cant.. Like that website which was made by someone on here with all the recipes.. can i find that? can i hell.. (come forth and show yourself please..!!)..
x

Reactions: DQ
THAT WAS FATTY_NO_MORE who made the site hun...

ill see if can find :)

Cat, I think it was fatty_no_more who created that website! And I agree that it's not just about old or new members I just think there are a lot of threads started for what is effectively diary entries

I dont think its got jack all to do with new people.. or "old timers".. that actually really puts me off coming into this section when i hear people speaking like that.. Im sorry, but its like saying you have more right to an opinion than anyone else.. i agree its cluttered sometimes.. but the search facility is a bit difficult sometimes. for example.. if i was searching.. "low syn".. it wouldnt search, as the words are too small.. if you get me.. if only there was some way of showing that there is a diary section, and a WI section, and chit chat for all off topic things.. But i know how annoying it is when ive searched for ages to find something, and i just bloody cant.. Like that website which was made by someone on here with all the recipes.. can i find that? can i hell.. (come forth and show yourself please..!!)..
x

That would be fattynomore who posted that website. I also have 2 threads which are red and green recipes. I dont think anyone minds people asking questions etc.

But some posts are just about absolute rubbish and are completely unnecessary. That is what some of us object to. And again, everyone has their own opinions and has a right to voice them, as you have.

THAT WAS FATTY_NO_MORE who made the site hun...

ill see if can find :)
ooooh fab..!! ive been searching for ages cos i remember it being somewhere, and i thought i'd save it as a fave.. but then i lost it.. was guuuuutted..!!!

Cat, I think it was fatty_no_more who created that website! And I agree that it's not just about old or new members I just think there are a lot of threads started for what is effectively diary entries
I agree doll.. i think a lot of people stay in the one section on minimins, and don't realise about the different areas, for example the diary section, pet section, etc etc.. Im a floater.. lol.. i just nose about all over.. :rolleyes:.. hehe..

That would be fattynomore who posted that website. I also have 2 threads which are red and green recipes. I dont think anyone minds people asking questions etc.

Are they stickys? im gonna have to go find them.. im always up for new recipes..!

But some posts are just about absolute rubbish and are completely unnecessary. That is what some of us object to. And again, everyone has their own opinions and has a right to voice them, as you have.

I 100% agree with you that some posts are just unnecessary.. but what im saying i didnt agree with is people just blaming new people.. there is no real etiquette to forum life.. But i do get exactly what you're saying.. i just feel everyone deserves to feel welcome.. and if they make a mistake by posting something others dont feel is necessary, and we then make them feel unwelcome, they may not come back.. im waffling.. yum.. x

I wouldnt want anyone to feel uncomfortable either. Guess it's just hit and miss.

Ohh blimey - I go to the cinema and look what happens!!

I am also frustrated by the pointless new threads that keep popping up... however, I'm all for people writing all they want tp, but make a diary and keep all your rambles in there (like me), that way the forum stays tidy and keeps us oldies happy. xxx

'new' people probably dont have a clue about how to change their diary title. Nor do they probably know how to do a minimin's search.
Instead of being made to feel welcome, they probably feel like they're not wanted after reading the messages on here.
Maybe there should be some kinda 'user guide' sticky so people know how to use the forum.
I for one like to ask for advice and normally just change the title of my diary accordingly.
I'd hate to think people aren't coming on here because it's normally those who have been on the diet a while have a lot of advice to offer. I enjoy reading diarys they're fun...although god know's where mine is now i only wrote in it yesterday lol
xxxx

Good post Laurie..!

There is userguides for diff things in the technical forum, like how to change diary titles and so on.. just in case anyone was wondering and i can link it here if you want? I remember many moons ago when i joined and i know i didnt have a clue how to change titles and so on.. x x

I'm not new to minimins, but am new to sw forum and TBH with all this you "can't post here" and "don't post there" and "these kind of posts are getting on our nerves". Alot of newbies are being put of typing anything for fear of "bugging" someone.....which is sad becuase its stopping people which could turn out to be really good future friends.

I've been an active member of the CD forum and the WW one but this one seems to be the most bossy ( sorry couldn't think of a better word ) and as for typing in the stickies, well i did that and got totally ignored, fair enough if people didn't know the answer, they could have just said, instead of starting a whole new convo like i had never posted!

If it starts becoming an us and them forum its gonna be a real shame, after all you were all new once and had little idea/exprience of how the plan worked.

and as for typing in the stickies, well i did that and got totally ignored

good post kirsty, i probably would have got the same:rolleyes: but i dont lie down without a fight :eek: Just keep posting and the click will come to your way of thinking in time :8855:

If we cant have stickies then maybe a Sticky thread on how to use the search facilities, subscriptions and diaries would help :confused:.

Good post Laurie..!

There is userguides for diff things in the technical forum, like how to change diary titles and so on.. just in case anyone was wondering and i can link it here if you want? I remember many moons ago when i joined and i know i didnt have a clue how to change titles and so on.. x x

good post kirsty, i probably would have got the same:rolleyes: but i dont lie down without a fight :eek: Just keep posting and the click will come to your way of thinking in time :8855:

If we cant have stickies then maybe a Sticky thread on how to use the search facilities, subscriptions and diaries would help :confused:.

If you could post the link i think it would help a lot of people out including me!
xxx

I agree I have only been here a week or so and feel like im intruding a few people have been really helpful but ive never known anything like it , it is a bit them and us ,aybe ill just fade into the distance :8855:

Please folks, if you think I'VE posted in the wrong bit atall, PLEASE tell me. I wont take it the wrong way at all. This is a great forum and I'd hate to be part of spoiling it for anyone. (((regulars)))

Hello all :wavey:

Well it looks like it might be time to have a little bit of a revamp on the SW section. We will read through your comments, and see if we can come up with some sub-sections that will make things clearer for people.

There is actually a section of tutorials for using the site:

Tutorials - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

which might help people with searching, etc. It's clear from these posts that no one actually wants to upset anyone else, and that it's just a matter of a bit of reorganisation.

Admin/Moderators will do their best to get started on this, but please remember tis the Christmas season and we are up to our eyeballs getting ready for Christmas in the real world, so it might take some time! ;)

I agree DQ.. adn we all understand its xmas (tis the season to be jolly and all that!)

TY xx

Back