Sticky or not sticky?? please vote here.

Sticky subject

• Yes, great idea

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, its fine as it is

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Unsure?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Hi there DQ... that would be lovely.... a revamp is always good and it doesn't matter if it takes time... it is always good to have change.

Ok... right I am going to put my pennyth worth in again! Seeing as I am good at that!

I use the smilie :8855:a lot... so are you having a dig at me Space... cause to be honest... I rather like the laughing smilies... so guess I will still use them. Don't try to make me feel uncomfortable for doing something you don't like.

Each and everyones journey is a different one.. so what is important to one may not be to another... we learn by asking questions! So don't pick on the ones that are new... you were all new once too remember?

What is pointless... mmmm now let me think... grown people bickering about silly smilies that is pointless... they are a form of expression and I personally like them... they make me smirk!

Absolute rubbish ... what is that... that is mean and nasty judging what someone who thinks it is important to them... if you think it is pointless... don't read it... don't comment... go about your business.

You want us newbies to search... but you don't want to look at pointless or things that are absolute rubbish...oh come on.... this is what puts me off coming here!

Maybe I am completely mistaken here... I thought this was a site to help one another on a weight loss journey... SUPPORT... ENCOURAGE not who is sick of looking at rubbish posts... get a grip people.. helping someone in their life isn't just about.. oh that is 5 syns... and eat this .. it goes further than that.. they are people with lives and stress and this is what makes a real person...so don't be shallow and think of yourself... making a friend is finding out about everything about someone, sympathising.. listening... nurturing..being helpful .... reliable...strong.. caring ...and being there on the same side as them when they are struggling.

I thought everyone was lovely... but seeing this sort of thing makes me think this is so childish and what is worse has now dragged me down to their level by making me cross and having to say what I feel cause it has all been blown out of proportion from a simple question a NEWBIE asked.....and I feel he was just in asking.

I did find this..

forum Definition
fo·rum (fôrəm, fōrəm)
noun pl. forums -·rums or fora -·ra (-ə)

1. the public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city or town, where legal and political business was conducted
  2. a law court; tribunal
    1. an assembly, place, radio program, etc. for the discussion of public matters or current questions
    2. an opportunity for open discussion

I say... if you want to ask... then ask... and don't feel that you are being stupid for asking a simple question.

There I have spoken my mind now.... oh and lets.. just to finish off... I will close with a smile... is that ok....:D

I felt I had my right to say as everyone else has..

*hands out sticks to beat Treats with*

Hi everyone :)

I always put in my welcome posts to new members to please ask if they have any questions or queries. It's the only way to learn how to move around the site if you have read the tutorials and are still stuck :)

I remember being a Newbie and how daunting it can be to make those first few posts and hopefully not feel silly about what you are asking or if you have missed something. I'm sure a lot of us can remember that feeling? :). I hope so.

Best wishes to everyone,

Lacey..xx :D

Running and maintaining a forum is a complete pain the in the whatsit. You can't keep everyone happy. It's a nightmare, and what's worse, we do it for free.. and for fun (haha). It's providing a service. I run a photographic forum and arty types are the worlds worst for nitpicking and wanting everything their own way. Well done to the admin and mods here.. You do a great job.

I've been a member here for a couple of months now, and I have to say that the forum is very bits n' bobs all over the place. The diaries are great but it's hard work trawling through them all to find a recipe you saw 'somewhere'. I really think (IMHO) that a recipe subforum would be an excellent idea. That way all the recipes are in one place. If they are categorise correctly, members will be able to go straight into the relevent recipe area (ie, red day dinners, green day dinners, red day desserts etc) without having to trawl through every recipe thread.

It might be an idea to create several sub forums rather than stickies. One for syns for example, that combines two stickies into one. SW information (inc password sticky) could be put into a SW subforum. I know it's a bit messy to set up, but it tidies the whole sticky section up.

On all forums you get a 'them and us' thing. I'm not sure where I fit in the scheme of things here yet tbh. I like the random posts about nothing in particular. It's so easy to get bogged down and obsessed with SW and eating (or not) that you forget about life. I love to have a good old ramble and yap about something that's amused me..

The only comment I'd make about the 'rubbish' threads is that rubbish is in the eye of the reader.

Are we allowed to post non-SW specific threads here? I'm not being funny, I'm just checking.

imo i think this has got all out of hand....... i know what you mean bout sub forum for recipes....

oh god lets not turn this into a war :(
x

It is hard to find something in the recipe section when there is convo and is it green or red what page was it.. what was it called again... I can really see where our Mechman was coming from.

I know there is a pudding section... but maybe it could be broken into ... red... green ... I know myself that would cut the hours of searching that we all do!

Again I think this is a good idea...... if I am allowed to have an opinion :8855:

Are we allowed to post non-SW specific threads here? I'm not being funny, I'm just checking. Well slimming world is for life isn't it Tiz... so I would assume.. but I could be wrong...that this is about life slimming so involves all parts.

I love smilies especially this one ----->:smiley1842:
It makes me smile.

A forum is never going to have all its members agree on evertything,
so lets just see what changes are made and go from there, no point arguing about it.
Oh i love this one too (it reminds me of me):17729:

It makes me smile.

A forum is never going to have all its members agree on evertything,
so lets just see what changes are made and go from there, no point arguing about it.
Oh i love this one too (it reminds me of me):17729:

yes that one makes me laugh too... odd how something so little can bring a smile to your face isn't it....:bliss:I like this one too!

love that lol, i wont say what it reminds me off but its very good lol.

Anyways looks like ive got a little old debate thread going on here. Treats dont take things so seriously my dear, were all different and we all have different views and opinions its just some dont like others giving theres! dont feel that you cant or not sure to post, heck just go on and do it, if its wrong or wotever and sure someone will put ya right. I too have been around many forums for years now from war games to horseracing and this place is no different, like DG said (oh thanks for popping in and giving us your feedback, much appreciated thanks)
All thats needed here is a good old revamp and amore freindly user approach, oh if ya need any help im more than willing to give mine for all the shouting and romping i do, im really a very nice man, well the missus thinks so anyways :gen147::giveup:

love that lol, i wont say what it reminds me off but its very good lol.

Anyways looks like ive got a little old debate thread going on here. Treats dont take things so seriously my dear, were all different and we all have different views and opinions its just some dont like others giving theres! dont feel that you cant or not sure to post, heck just go on and do it, if its wrong or wotever and sure someone will put ya right. I too have been around many forums for years now from war games to horseracing and this place is no different, like DG said (oh thanks for popping in and giving us your feedback, much appreciated thanks)
All thats needed here is a good old revamp and amore freindly user approach, oh if ya need any help im more than willing to give mine for all the shouting and romping i do, im really a very nice man, well the missus thinks so anyways :gen147::giveup:

I am I am
Chill.gif
:8855:

Hi :)

We've got a huge amount of non-specific SW or any weightloss programme threads on the site. Loads of different topics that can make you laugh till it hurts, shed a few tears, dance around or stare in amazement or all at the same time!!..lol:D

I would encourage anyone to go and have a good old browse around and join in if you want to. Also, you can always have your own diary where you can just chat away about things in general as well as weightloss.:D

Hope this helps...:)

Lacey..xx :)

Thanks Isis..... now please can we put an end to all this, no more name calling etc, lets all just be nice and carry on with the forum.

Have a read through this and put life into reality for a minute... we are all here to lose weight.... now lets concentrate on supporting each other through that please!!!

Thanks Isis..... now please can we put an end to all this, no more name calling etc, lets all just be nice and carry on with the forum.

Have a read through this and put life into reality for a minute... we are all here to lose weight.... now lets concentrate on supporting each other through that please!!!

I'll second that x

Thanks Kirsty - I'm putting this all down to people being stressed at Xmas.

Also... spaceangel (I think) just mentioned she didn't like smileys, this is fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, therefore can people stop "joking" unless it's about something funny - as to be fair all SA did was air her views. There is my 2p worth also.

I love this forum and spend far too much of my time here, but if people can't all get along then I'm jacking MM's in... xxx

Okay.

I am doing some things to help with the information in the SW section.

So for diaries, like Food Diaries and Weight Loss Diaries, can they go into the current Diaries section and use the same "prefix" tagging as i did for: Slimming World Recipes - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum Instead have prefixes, like Food Diary and Weight Loss Diary ?

Also if I were to make a Syn Values forum, would it be useful to prefix them with Green Day, Red Day, Puddings as I have in slimming world recipes?

Pierce

Wonderful idea... I like it anyway.

So how do we move a diary that we have in the main section to the other and still keep it a rant one? Can that be done? Please.

So how do we move a diary that we have in the main section to the other and still keep it a rant one? Can that be done? Please.

The main section is for discussions and debates, rants, off topic etc.

Dairy section is for your weight loss diary and also your food diaries and if you want you can post your diet journey 'every day diary'...

Thanks Louise :)

Moving forward in a supportive way with each other is what we are all about, isn't it?:)
Any continuous reference to things past that weren't particulary constructive will only hamper everyones enjoyment and the benefit they can gain from our community. In my opinion. :)

Best wishes,

Isis ..x :)

A suggestion for the recipe area categories...

Red Day Meals
Green Day Meals
Desserts
Snacks

They're the only 4 I can think of. I think it would be so much easier to pop into the relevant recipe thread that way.

Thanks for putting the time in on this forum - it is appreciated.

I think one of the reasons messages get missed, is that most people go to the top of the latest posts bit and don't always check out what's been posted in the stickies and diary areas. I'm guilty of that myself.

Hmm, my diary will need moving because I created it in the wrong section [doh!] it's in the main forum not in the diaries bit.. [slap my wrists]. No rush obviously.

Thanks to the mm team, it's looking great already

Back