Still hungry!

Debs154

Trying again!!
Another question:

I've just completed a week and am in ketosis - have to be really but still feel hungry. Not starving and I can cope - I just drink lots of water.

I've read that people lose their hunger pangs after the first week or even sooner. It's not like I'm tempted to eat other stuff or anything but I'm definately still hungry a few times a day.

Spliiting the packs and eating more often helps but I wondered if others were the same?

Any comments welcome - thanks

It's funny I find after iv eaten my " real food " protein I could eat more .
Considering doing the 4 packs as I started with the 3 plus protein, see how I get on sometimes I don't feel hungry at all and other times I could eat my right arm lol .
Its more the thinking about food thing though x

Debs154 said:
Another question:

I've just completed a week and am in ketosis - have to be really but still feel hungry. Not starving and I can cope - I just drink lots of water.

I've read that people lose their hunger pangs after the first week or even sooner. It's not like I'm tempted to eat other stuff or anything but I'm definately still hungry a few times a day.

Spliiting the packs and eating more often helps but I wondered if others were the same?

Any comments welcome - thanks

I feel the same!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I'm the same too. In fact sitting here thinking about food... :(

I'm always hungry on S&S (well, a good few times a day anyway).

I think when people say they hunger goes, I don't think it goes completely but just gets more manageable and less frequent??

I hope you find you can cope with it. I know when I was hungry it was a massive help that my husband was there to stop me eating off plan! He's a good egg :) lol

I know when I was hungry it was a massive help that my husband was there to stop me eating off plan! He's a good egg :) lol

Can I borrow him? Mine stands next to me saying "wanna sandwich?" and waves his in my face!!!

MysticMagic said:
Can I borrow him? Mine stands next to me saying "wanna sandwich?" and waves his in my face!!!

Oh my gosh! Does he!? What a nasty pasty! I hope you grab it out of his hand an hit him with it!? Lol :)

Hi,

I often 'feel' hungry but I am not sure if it is just habit. I have kept to the diet 100% but I am finding that I am becoming completely obsessed with food, I constantly look at reciepes, in a weird way I think it helps!!

I've not felt true hunger but I do get the urge to eat out of habit. Because I basically used to eat all day long my tummy misses that full feeling so instead I fill up with lots of liquids - water, tea, coke zero etc.

I've found that timing meals so they are 3 hours apart works best to stop me thinking about food constantly or feeling physically weak.

I still feel hungry on week 4 and its real hunger not just cos I'm bored hunger. I can bear it though and it's nowhere near as bad as it would be if I wasn't on a VLCD. I just try to drink plenty of water and time my packs so that I have more left in the evening as i tend to get hungrier then. I just remind myself that hunger won't kill me and it's an ok feeling to have :)

Debs, I've just finished my second week and have been in ketosis since day 3. I still feel hungry every day. Worst time is about 5pm. I've had a shake for lunch at work, leave work at 5.30, go to mums to pick up daughter from mums, sit for a wee while then head home about 6.30. I feel starving by then and could eat anything! I sit down for 15 mins with a big glass of water, so that i don't go mad!

ketosis only gets rid of the physical hunger , which most of us havent felt in a while ( or I havent ) but the mental hunger is always there , the cravings and desire to eat are not a phsical need , so they will stay :/

Weeks ago I was feeling reaaaallly hungry, and was walking around the house complaing about it loudly... until someone offered me dinner, at which point I said 'No, im not really hungry, i'm cold and tired and it just smells good!'

Cuz yanno... I wasnt really.

Its hard to advise on a board because maybe your somaches really growling, and maybe your feeling dizzy and lightheaded all the time. Probably its emotional hunger, if it *is* physical and you feel like that up your protein alil.

Months in I still have days where I get emotionally hungry, and have cravings. And I have other times I have to remember to take all my packs because I forget about food.

Thanks for all the responses - it's definately not cold, bored, habit or emotional hunger lol! I'm just physically hungry - my stomach rumbles etc etc, having said that however I haven't felt tempted to eat any of the food that's around - am taking my vits etc.

I am doing 4 packs a day - not the 3 + protein so may give that a whirl if it persists after 2 full weeks.

Always useful to hear of other's experience tho so thanks :)

Back