Still struggling with the hunger

Hi :wavey:

Hope you all had a good weekend :)

Im still feeling very hungry, Im sticking to SS but the hunger wont fade even though Im drinking 4lts of water and having 3 tetras.

I have increased the tetras to 4 a day to see if that helps, but sadly it does'nt :(

Do you guys still feel hungry, even though your weeks into the diet?

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. is it definitely hunger? I know that sounds mad but I thought I was feeling hungry until I realised that the feeling in my tummy was it working to deal with all the water and things. and the feeling in my head was cravings.

I am not doubting what you are feeling, just wondered?

I hope one of the CDCs on here might be able to help you.

Hope you feel better soon. How far are you into the ss?
Could it be an emotional response to something I feel like that sometimes starving in fact but I know it cant be and usually find its some emotional crap going on.:)

Hope you feel better soon. How far are you into the ss?
Could it be an emotional response to something I feel like that sometimes starving in fact but I know it cant be and usually find its some emotional crap going on.:)

Hi :wavey:

Im about 13 weeks into SS, and thought the hunger would have deminished by now.

I think it is hunger for food, if I were to give into the feeling I would pile food in my mouth without it even touching the sides :(

Oh hum, just need to slog on and get to goal.

bm2lm xx

I think there's 'physical' hunger and 'emotional' hunger. I think the 'physical' hunger subsides once you go into ketosis, but we're probably struggling with the 'emotional' hunger for alot longer. Partly because it's the bodies response to want to eat - after all it's what keeps us alive! - and partly it's because it's what we do best - eat - which is why we need to do CD to gain some control.

Well not sure how sensible that sounds but it's how I worked it out last time I managed to stick to the diet, I realised when I felt 'hungry' if I actually thought about it I wasn't. I just wanted to eat!

Hope you're doing ok.

K xx

If I get hunger pains the only way I can get rid of them is to drink a mug of hot water.....or black tea....somehow it seems more filling than cold.....!
It works for me everytime

I wonder if you might try 790 for a while as the weight loss is very similar and at least you can have a meal and milk or yogurt. I have been on 790 and found it great. Its such a shame if you are feeling hungry thats not a pleasant experience. Do talk to your cc and get it sorted soon so that you can get rid of the hungry feeling.:)

Well I'm with you on this one - I'm still hungry a lot and this is week 8!

I agree with the comments about phyiscal and emotional hunger but when your stomach is growling all the way through a business meeting I think we can safely call that physical hunger!!

Despite the fact that i'm in ketosis, I've never really had that non hungry feeling, but I can now identify the difference between emotional and physical hunger. I guess it's the same old story...... no pain, no gain (or in this case loss!)

Makes me a bit miffed though when other people have no hunger and go on about the fact that you don't feel hungry on the diet - keep wanting to wave an I'm hungry flag!!:giveup:

I'm trying to be positive about it though and remind myself that i'm hungry because i'm losing weight - which is a good thing! Also, I hated that bloated overfull feeling when I had previously eaten too much so that helps me keep with it !

Good luck hun - stick with it!

ive gotta be honest hun ive just finished week one but am not really having that problem. i quite quickly got over the hunger feeling. good luck hun. xxJoJoxx

Back