Stinky Breath....!!!

hannah1309

Hi All...

As we all know one of the main signs of being in Ketosis and doing the CD is having bad breath and a funny taste in your mouth, of course I would be the person to bring this smelly topic up but I am sure we are all suffering with it silently... (I guess it's a really good sign that the diet is working!! Yay!)

My boyfriend has been kind enough to mention the odour coming from my mouth - charming! Oh well at least he's honest!! I to be honest am also very aware of it, I have become a little self conscious about it. I work in very close contact with my patients and would hate for them to think that I have a hygiene problem (not good for business!! Haha) I am brushing my teeth a lot at work as I actually find this helps a lot with food cravings also, I have tried a mouth spray and once even chewed sugar free gum...

I just wanted to ask all if anyone knew of specific things that we could NOT use - stuff that would take us out of Ketosis??? Or in fact any ideas at all.... Is anyone else aware of the bad breath symptom? Are we allow mouth washes, breath sprays, chewing gum etc......

Please Help!! :)

Sugar free mints and chewing gum are allowed however can make you feel hungry. Another good one is peppermint tea....minty fresh breath and some of your water allowance x

Hi,

I always have a packet of sugar free chewing gum. Im paranoid about the 'odour' as my desk is so close to someone else at work! I dont think it necessarily makes me more hungry. But I suppose it changed from person to person!

xx

Thanks guys! I will defo try all of those things!

Fingers crossed!!

Loubylou25 said:
Hi,

I found that using a tongue scraper worked for me?! I use it twice a day and my breaths fine now :) xx

Thanks !! :)

Loubylou25 said:
Hi,

I found that using a tongue scraper worked for me?! I use it twice a day and my breaths fine now :) xx

I do that too

Back