Stop me!!! I cant stop buying clothes....

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
I remember this feeling a long long time ago when I was slim and I loved buying clothes.. and I have got the bug back.. all I want to do all the time is go shopping and buy things. I still have a way to go til my target but I just cant stop shopping any opportunity I get!

But its quite scary as when I look in the mirror I am starting to like what I see which scares me too.. I dont know why..

Does anyone else have the shopping bug..

I have the shopping bug also! Trying to refrain from buying anymore for now.... it's hard lol!

I've also been getting some bits from ebay. I was size 18, now a small size 16, so hoping to be in a 14 again in the next month or so, so no point paying full price! Got some real good deals! :)

Yes - I have it too! (I can remember running myself into debt when I was young, free and single and living in London - Miss Selfridge was my second home in those days, lol - but I don't want to go there again! :eek:)

Primark is truly a fab word, but here's some others too:-

• Stead & Simpson
  • Peacocks
  • B-Wise (if it still exists)
  • QS
  • Supermarkets (esp. Asda, Tesco & Sainsbury's)
  • TKMaxx
  • New Look
  • M&S Outlet stores
- and my new fave.....

• charity shops!!! :gimi:
(...where I've recently bought two pairs of trousers, two jackets, a pair of shoes and two skirts - all of which were brand new and unworn! :D)

NB. If you feel a bit iffy about going to charity shops, don't because they've changed. Shops like Barnardos and Help The Aged have bright colourful premises with lots of lovely clean items, often grouped according to colour and not just size. It's just amazing what people give away, I've found designer stuff and all sorts - but like any cheapo shop, you need to make time and have a good sort through! :)

I have 3 pairs of size 16 trousers.. that have been worn a couple of times each... black work trousers x 2 and 1 x 3/4 pair of trousers.. If anyone wants them give me a shout and I will send them to you!

Hahahhahahahahaha.... I was a personal shopper years ago and got paid for spending other peoples money. now you have to be a shopaholic to do that job. Yep the shopaholic in me is screaming to get out. It's such a buzz buying stuff you love and seeing it fit well.

I have 3 pairs of size 16 trousers.. that have been worn a couple of times each... black work trousers x 2 and 1 x 3/4 pair of trousers.. If anyone wants them give me a shout and I will send them to you!
If you get no takers, you could always send them to your local women's refuge (as has been suggested here before) as apparently the women normally arrive with nothing and spare clothes are badly needed. :eek:

Hey
Lovely stuff......
I am a size 14 bottom and size 12 top..... and I always said I would be happy at a 14 but now Im there . I wanted to be a 10 bottom and 10 top .. x

Me too!! Although I'll be happy with a 12 bottom as I'm not sure my tummy will shrink enough... I blame the kids ;) xxx

well done on being a 12! i'm very jealous! i would LOVE to be a 10, but as i'm so tall and broad i think i would a bit too skinny and it wouldn't be maintainable, but you never know!! i haven't been less than an 18 since i was about 14 so anything less than that is good for me!

what sort of clothes you looking at curly? i have done NO work today, all i can do is look at clothes i might be fitting in to in the not so distant future!

I can't wait until I've dropped a couple of dress sizes so I can properly enjoy shopping again.

I agree with Asda being a good bet - especially for essentials like PJs or day to day tops. Got some nice stuff and its nice and cheap!

Haha, I wish I could help but I think we're all suffering from the same shopping super bug illness on here! I tried to refrain from buying more clothes so I tried to compromise with myself buy buying some toiletries but I ended up spending £30! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I'd say my user name says it all :p

However I am restraining myself until I see some good losses. I have some size 16 stuff in my wardrobe from a couple of years ago that I'll wear first before I hit the shops... though I'm saying that now - just wait until I loose that first stone!

I just think psychologically it will be better for me to have to get size 14 :D Can't wait to be a size 10!!!!!

Any takers !!!

Ok so today.
I started in M & S before work..

2 long sleeve tops
2 bras...

Lunch time just popped in to new look 3 tops later!!!

Just received a delivery from next so happy a little bomber type jacket fits me in a 12.. yipppeee..
x

I love bomber style jackets, i really want a leather one as my winter coat this year, in a size 12 thankyouverymuch!

Back