Strange taste ....... Burnt toast!

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Good morning. Hope everyone is having a good day.
I was wondering what other strange tastes whilst being in ketosis people have? Mine is burnt toast but not the bread taste, the burnt scrappings taste. It feels like my mouth is the crumb catcher in the toaster :sign0137: Not sure i can keep ss+ up for much longer. Tried loads of water, cleaning my teeth and mouth wash with no avail. Any other suggestions?

Hi triple trouble,

Bad breath/tastes is unfortunately a side effect of ketosis and some ppl really suffer much worse than others.. I have found that it gets better and I know everyone says it, but the water really helps too..

Good luck x

Strange all I can taste when I'm in ketosis is sweetness. No matter what sort of pack I have, be it choc mint or chick/mushroom everything tastes sweet. We're a bunch of weirdos really aren't we!:8855:

Try peppermint tea. if you drink it without the sweetner, it counts as water.

We're a bunch of weirdos really aren't we!:8855:
we must be, its strange that we have different tastes. I would rather have a sweet taste. Perhaps we could swap for a while lol.
I have a horrible metalic taste.....like I have had a coin in my mouth or something....!:(
I feel for you its just not nice :-( I wonder if it carrys on when you go on to AAM?

Thanks for the water and peppermint tea advice i'll carry on with more water today and try the tea tomorrow.

Back