Strawberries from M&S

margaretmc

Gold Member
Hi Everybody
I just wanted to let you know that the Strawberries in M&S are to die for its years since I bought them because the was no taste with the ones I got . And their only £1.99 yummy . Enjoy good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Thanks for that, Margaret. I often find that strawberries these days are really tart and have to have sugar sprinkled on them - not much good when slimming!

M&S strawberries are delicious! I find that all strawberries around this time of year are beautiful, though. British strawberries just can't be beat. The Spanish or American varieties we usually have to put up with are much tougher, larger and far less sweet.

Nothing touches a British strawberry. I eat a pound of them a day... how's that for gluttony?!

By the way, Paisley, if you ever have slightly tart strawberries, they taste a lot sweeter if you have them with a big portion of Hartley's sugarfree orange jelly. Same trick works with raspberries. There's some strange alchemy that goes on with that combination of flavours that makes the fruit taste intensely sweet. Worth a try!

I love the strawberries in M&S at the moment. I usually marinate them a bit of lemon juice too which goes all lovely and strawberry flavoured. Love the fruits at this time of year.

Ooh yes love British strawberries, they are gorgeous! Although the best strawberries you can get (although hard to find these days!) are wild ones!! My friend and I used to pick them from the hedges when we were out riding, and they are so sweet and free! Bonus lol! Trouble is finding them, they used to be a lot more plentiful years ago :(

Back