Strength training

Shazzabir

Gold Member
The majority of my exercise is cardio. Treadmill, cycling, exercise dvd's etc. I choose cardio to lose weight and also so I can eat more food (cal counting).
However I have read an article on MFP that says strength training is better to losing weight than cardio?
Im not sure I completely agree with the article, but I do see the benefits of strength training, so would like to fit more into my routine.
I am looking to do 2 x 30 min sessions a week, but not too sure which exercises are best, so looking for some ideas?

They look great, thanks Gina :)

you can use tins of beans or any heavy objects you have instead of weights too :D

Oooooh, thanks for sharing, Gina. I've been looking to do more strength and ab work at home, so will definitely have a go at these. :)

Shazzabir - hope you get on well with these too and well done on your weight loss :)

Hi Shazzabir - just to say that my personal trainer says it's good to do the strength training too because your muscles use up more calories than fat so then your cardio workout is more effective if you have built up some muscle and also you are likely to look more toned.

Thanks for all the advice. Will certainly be giving those exercises a go!! :)

Back