Total Solution Stressed out!!!

Tatty03

I just took my measurements and was very pleased I had lost 3 inches off of my waist and hips and 1 off of my thigh and calf BUT I looked in the mirror and could see one leg is larger than the other. Yep it's 1 inch difference between the two!!!!! How can that be? I will have to exercise 1 leg only lol!!! :(

Have you measured your legs? The eye can be deceived.

When you exercise, make sure you are using the same sets of muscles for both legs. sometimes if you have a weaker leg, you may have a tendency to use the upper front thigh muscle more, because that is often the strongest muscle of the leg. that can cause it to overdevelop. (I used to be in a ballet company in my younger and thinner days!). so if it really is bigger, just be more conscious of how you are actually using and supporting your legs as you work out. if you are favouring one leg because it's weaker, tone down your routine to accomodate your weaker side until the strength is the same on both. after that it will naturally sort itself out after a few weeks and i think you will notice the size is the same too.

in other thoughts, maybe you are retaining water in one leg more than the other.

txgardenia said:
Have you measured your legs? The eye can be deceived.

When you exercise, make sure you are using the same sets of muscles for both legs. sometimes if you have a weaker leg, you may have a tendency to use the upper front thigh muscle more, because that is often the strongest muscle of the leg. that can cause it to overdevelop. (I used to be in a ballet company in my younger and thinner days!). so if it really is bigger, just be more conscious of how you are actually using and supporting your legs as you work out. if you are favouring one leg because it's weaker, tone down your routine to accomodate your weaker side until the strength is the same on both. after that it will naturally sort itself out after a few weeks and i think you will notice the size is the same too.

in other thoughts, maybe you are retaining water in one leg more than the other.

Actually my right leg is the bigger one and I'm right handed/legged lol!! But I have a very weak left ankle and I do over use compensate with my right. I'm going to have to stop !!! Thanks for your reply x

i wish i only had that small amount of size diff in my legs ive had 2 DVTs and now i have a 7-12 cm differece between my 2 legs i cant get boots or jeans to fit im hopeing loseing weight will reduce the size difference but they will never be the same againe

MrsPage2B said:
i wish i only had that small amount of size diff in my legs ive had 2 DVTs and now i have a 7-12 cm differece between my 2 legs i cant get boots or jeans to fit im hopeing loseing weight will reduce the size difference but they will never be the same againe

Do you know what your message has made me realise it's very trivial me stressing over an inch. Sorry if I offended you. I can't wear long boots or jeans either so fingers crossed for us both that we can eventually wear them :) xx

Back