Strictly 100% S&S Forum??????

Thanks everyone for the feedback and your thoughts, suggestions etc.

Ooo yes, I'd like a proper grown up forum :). I think from there being about 4 of us when this forum was set up last summer we've come of age in 2012.

Haha BG. There does seem to be alot of people coming onto S&S. A few of my work colleagues are curious too! I think our own forum is a great idea!

I'm not thinking of changing to LT Starlight but could you elaborate? Save me digging through the LT threads. I'm on a combo of 4 sachets or shakes per day. Nothing added, not even milk. Is that still different from LT or is LT similar? Thanks for any extra info, I'm curious now!

I did LT almost 7 years ago and for breakfast I had a chocolate shake, for lunch I had a chocolate shake, for dinner I had a chocolate shake. And repeat, for 4 months. Nothing else, no drinks other than water and black tea / coffee, no veggies, no 'meals', no nothing other than the packs. It's very restrictive.

Unless things have changed since I did it there are 3 shake flavours, 1 soup, and a cardboard flapjack. I could only stomach the chocolate shake so lived off those for 4 months. The flavours were quite frankly awful, and whilst I know that taste is an individual thing the packs seemed designed to put you off food quite frankly in my view rather than encourage you to eat them. I'm not quite sure if that's what the LT makers have in mind but it's my experience :). I viewed each meal as medicine rather than food.

In contrast the S&S packs are all quite pleasant tasting. There are some I like more than others but the worst tasting pack is on a par to the best tasting LT pack (again this is only personal opinion). So someone on the LT forum talking about a lovely tasting caramel shake, a choc truffa bar, or a spag bol meal is pretty alien to the guys over there and might not go down too well. LT is definitely a total break from food. S&S is not in my view. Even if I have 3 packs and no veggies on a particular day I look forward to my next pack. With LT I almost dreaded it. Down in 1 and a big glass of water to remove all traces of the taste. I've really enjoyed my S&S journey but my LT journey (taste wise) was hell. My results were stunning though - 5 stone in 16 weeks. That said I knew I couldn't do a prolonged period on LT again, and have found S&S relatively easy. Probably because you have to know what difficult feels like to appreciate easy :).

Last edited:
Sorry but that made me laugh BG, I can imagine the reaction when you start moaning that you are getting bored of spag bol, chilli and chocolate bars to someone who has survived on shakes for 4 months :)

We have created a new main forum for S & S and 4 sub forums...

Sub-Forums:
Slim and Save - Diaries,
Slim and Save - 100%,
Slim and Save - Weekly Weigh In,
Slim and Save - Refeeding & Maintenance

If you are looking for new content on threads just click on the Find Button at the top of the thread you are on and you will be shown a list of all the threads with the newest first within these forums only.

If you want to see the newest posts on all of MiniMins you click 'New Posts' on the Blue Bar at the top of the forum.

Thank you to BordersGirl for the blurbs for the new forums and to Maka for getting the ball rolling and to all who post here who have made it possible.:thankyou:

Thanks Mini! Maka is in Oman so will be asleep now I think and will get a surprise when she wakes up in the morning xx

Mini has done a great job in moving all of the diaries across to the new sub forum but if yours has got left behind you need to
hit the report button and say in the box where you want the thread moved to and one of the mods will move it to the proper forum.

Thanks Mini! Maka is in Oman so will be asleep now I think and will get a surprise when she wakes up in the morning xx

OMG!!!!! Yes, what a surprise! Thursday is Saturday here so I've been out all day: weekly shopping, hair appointment, bills etc and just logged on to see what everyone's been up to today.

Thank you Mini... and the pioneers who started this forum.
I love, love, love the new look x

Told ya Phoe! Be careful what you wish for eh! ;)

Well technically its still Makas doing , becasue she started the thread and I can say that becasue I havnt seen her around in a while so shes not here to defend herself ha ha

She'll be jetting in from Oman to remonstrate with you soon :)

I see shes about , we just keep missing each other ,
I wonder if shes on mfp , I like talking about people when they are not here :D

oh we know that lol :D

I only say nice things about people anyway , even when they are not here , well except my ex of course

Phoenix and Bordersgirl!!!!!!! My fault?! Batters her eyelids and smiles innocently...me?????

Looooooool, you girls had me giggling tonight. I'm still around and pop in to see how you're all doing, respond to posts that interest me and update my blog when I need to write something down to keep me focused. But just like both of you were feeling earlier on this week, I was uncomfortable with the way the forum was going and as I'm notoriously one to put my foot in it (ha! ha! ha! look at what happened to the forum when I opened my gob), I've decided that for now I'll just quietly chomp away on my bars and sip caffe lattes ( a la S&S).

Back