Strictness

Capirossi

Hi girls.

Just wondering, how strict are you when it comes to counting? Do you, for example, count the milk in your tea/coffee, sweetners, tiny scrapings of butter etc...?

Have to admit, I don't :eek: we'll soon see if it's having an effect! I struggle with being that regimented, and don't have the time or inclanation to weigh every morsel of food that passes my lips. I 'guestimate' most, but always err on the side of caution.

In your opinion, and experience, should everything be counted? What happens when you cook, where would you start?! I only ask as we cook a lot, especially curries. Whilst not especially fatty, there are a lot of ingrediants and I lose track of how much of what goes in. I don't want to use the branded examples as they are full of horrible stuff that don't go in our food!

Just had a sneaky :scale: and 2lbs have gone - wooh ooh! I know it's naughty, they'll probably be back by my weigh in Monday :( lol

Nat
x

Must admit that I did count everything, but once I had an idea, I just used 'repeated'

Milk in teas coffees etc. Measured it the first day, then found it to be about 99 cals...so just entered 99 cals each day.

Every now and again, I remeasured to double check.

Same with cooking. I tended to put the saucepan on the flat scales and just added and made note...added more and made note.

Once I knew how much that recipe worked out, each time I had that meal, I just clicked the box for that meal and pressed enter. (I used weightlossresources)

It probably took a few seconds, but once I had it all entered, I could be 99% accurate without any extra work

same, for last 3 days i have been counting everything, using that food focus site, and entered my meals i cook, and u tend to have the same things over and over again, so its all there...

Thanks everyone for your replies. I plan to start being strict tomorrow! I started weighing things over the weekend, just to get it into my system, lol! Don't get me wrong, I weighed most things, but not the small things like butter and milk. I just used teeny portions.

I lost 5lbs last week though, so if I start weighing this week god knows what could happen!!! (Am v.chuffed! :giggle:)

Nat
x

A scraping of low-fat spread is about 30cals, and 1oz (a splash) of semi skimmed milk is 15cals, so it WILL all add up? I'm the same as KD & Preetone- I counted & logged everything for a while and just re-enter as I eat/drink- I use FoodFocus too.

I don't count at all, actually.

Instead, I just avoid regularly cooking with ingredients that I know to contain many calories (cheese, large amounts of oils, any animal fats), and try not to eat anything high in calories between meals (might have a couple of squares of fairtrade 75% dark choc occasionally). It's worked VERY well for me so far :)

Back