struggling a little today (day 9)

Anna-Marie

:( keep having to fight the urge to eat something today, don't know what's wrong with me :( haven't given in so feel good about that but I'm a bit gutted I keep feeling like I want to eat, I've been so positive up until now. Keep starting to clean up to keep myself busy but can't be bothered as I've not got much energy..any advice anyone? :help2:

i feel your pain, my mums cooking one of my favorite delicious meals downstairs and i can smell it, they get to enjoy this delicious food and all i have to look forward to is another strawberry shake :( aah well, i guess ours is a struggle to get what we really want. Im just keeping my goal in mind because i havent suffered this long to just give up now, i know its difficult but hang in there hun!!

Last edited:
Well done for coming on here rather than eating. We have all felt this way 'maybe just one bite' etc. In these situations I always weigh up the pros and cons.. Yeah I could have some of that ice cream but I know I can eat it in less than 5 mins, it will take me out of ketosis, leave me feeling hungry and disappointed in myself.. Or like I say I can have 5 mins on the lips? Hmmm.. This diet wins hands down for me! In times like this in future take a bath especially if you don't have energy or make a phone call to a friend or.. Come on here and post post post! It helps!! X x x

thanks for the support :) have been busy on the computer doing work and my mother-in-law came round so had a welcome distraction for a few hours! I'm usually so motivated and driven, think it was just because I was feeling an extreme lack of energy - will try the bath idea next time and an early night if it happens again. And I know what you mean about that 'one bite', was so tempted but thankfully didn't give in!! My sister's wise words to me; don't sacrifice the big thing you want in the future, for the small thing you want now ;) roll on day 10...xxxxxxxxx

Well done not giving In Anna - you sister is very wise x

You know, Anna, I felt exactly the same way as you yesterday, second week in and all if a sudden you get a reality check, maybe it's stopped being quite so exciting?! But I got out some skinny clothes to motivate me, and went to Costa for a bucketful of black coffee! Had to go food shopping which did not help, so sent Boyf off round the aisles with a list while I went and put a lot of effort into choosing new bubble bath and a nail varnish.

Hope today is better for you. I for one am looking forward to working nights all weekend just for the distraction (and I usually HATE weekend night shifts!!!)

good luck

Your sister is very wise! I will remember that quote :)
I also like looking at clothes online, I would look all day if I could. For a long time now I've not enjoyed shopping at all due to my size and the expense of 'fat clothes', I still don't enjoy it as I am between sizes but i like to fantasise about being slimmer and like to imagine myself as the model wearing the clothes (sad I know, but it comforts me)!! X x x

thanks..I shall tell her..I'm sure she will be very happy to hear her praises :) her words really made sense and kept me going, that & this site and all of you, who like me, are working toward a goal to make a massive change in our lives. It's a challenge at times but the outcome will be more than worth it! I'm so looking forward to going shopping when I reach my goal, I'm going to spoil myself for all my hard work and it will be great being able to buy all things I wouldn't usually be able to fit in to :) And the great thing with being on LT is the money you save everyday through not buying impulse food, so should have a nice bit put away for when I reach my goal..hope you've all had a positive day, well done for all your efforts and here's to us all being nice and slim, happy and healthy :D xxx

Back