Working Solutions Struggling!! Arghhh! (Hannata's Exante & Active Lifestyle diary)

My back is now in spasm agony :( Never had a workout as effective as this lol! Think I'm gonna have to do a calm class like yoga to balance it out!!

Dunno how I managed to do the class on.. what... 400 calories. Madness.

I'm REALLY looking forward to my lunch... a SANDWICH. Good lord who would have thought. :D

I had a slice with peanut butter too. Everything in moderation. You're stomach's probably shrunk!

so far today i've had.....

breakfast - shake

lunch - corned beef sandwich with a tidgy bit of red sauce

dinner - a stir fry - beef pieces, cabbage, mushrooms, sweetcorn, beansprouts, carrots and a tidgy bit of teriyaki. I had a side plate sized meal! Was gonna have rice or noodles with it but decided against it - was a case of eyes being bigger than belleh. Glad I made the positive choice.

I had a tin of tuna with a tiny bit of mayo (weightwatchers stuff) and a shake.

approx 2 cans worth of coke zero and about 2 litres of water.

Feeling pretty happy with the eats today, really really full. Not sure if the scales will show much loss, but that's life! xx

Will have my chinese next Tuesday night, but I'm gonna go for something smaller... Like a chicken chow mein, or just a chip :) This will basically be my only treat of the week.

I'm so proud of my achievements mentally speaking... my attitude to food has changed so much. Hoping to graduate my food up a little bit back to normal as I lose weight. Wish I had found this solution years before now as I find this so much easier than any diet or plan I've ever done.

That sounds really good hon, did a similar thing to you. Except no exercise. Glad it's worked out.

today I've gone from 18'6.5 morning to 18'9 evening. But that's cool, I've food in my belleh, and I'm nearly always heavier at night than I am morning. It's actually interesting to see the changes in my weight day to day/morning to evening. Some days I have been the same but I've had very little food intake, with bucketloads of water.

Right todays menu is
B - shake,
L - sammich (as of yesterday)
D - will pop by tesco and grab some smoked cod or haddock, and might try that crustless quiche everyones raving about.
and a late night shake.

So apart from the bread & red sauce very few carbs. I'm a lot happier doing it this way because I don't feel like I have to hide away at lunch time at work :)

Sticking to Coke Zero as my drink treat as I like it anyway.. trying to stick as close to the principles of ketosis as I can, but just adding a bit of healthy carbs into the mix. (i know that doesn't make sense but it did in my head) XD

Gave myself a break yesterday from exercise as I was in major pain from kettlebell class, and I'll get the wiifit dusted tonight for some low impact exercise

Not really missing the bars all that much because I'm adding some normal food into the mix. Feels very odd saying that because before now I could probably have EASILY finished off 5 of them, haha

Decided on my "goal" - I'd like to be into the 15s by September (holiday). which is 3 stone.. in 6 months. Ideally I'd like to be in the 14s but I'll settle for the 15s to give me a manageable goal.

Half a stone a month. I can do that..right?! LOL

Last edited:
I agree with Summer! It's why I decided to do WS and the shred (after totm). Your body tones up too so less loose skin.

this is what i was doing but 3 days in i was shaking felt like eating everything so going to lose more weight before i add this plus muscle weighs more so will affect my total im exercising in 5 minute bursts so im not going dizzy

this is what i was doing but 3 days in i was shaking felt like eating everything so going to lose more weight before i add this plus muscle weighs more so will affect my total im exercising in 5 minute bursts so im not going dizzy

Yeah I was the same, couldn't physically move my body at all... felt like my legs were just refusing to move once I got to a certain point (long before normal exhaustion)

It's fair to say intense exercise on a VLCD diet in any format (K or not) is pretty dangerous :(

I really wanted to get on well with TS and was beginning to get into my stride with the shakes!! Still taking them now but I can't really not exercise, I've got a gym membership and I don't want to lose all of the fitness I've gained in the past year!!! xx

Hiya,
just been reading through your thread - congrats on your progress so far! It's always a balancing act trying to find what works out best for you and your life and it sounds as though you've got your self sorted.

I just wanted to comment on your earlier posts about migranes. I know it's a bit late but I'll just add it in case you ever have the prob again. I've been having them for the last 18 years - total nightmare and they come in clusters ( sometimes back to back for over a week -grrr) anyway, to cut a long story short, going into ketosis has triggered a series a few times. Sometimes I find that if i can sense one coming on early enough and down a can or 2 of coke zero with a couple of those extra power pain reliever tabs (mixture of paracetamol, asprin and caffeine) it can stall it and limit it to what I would term a 'bad headache' rather than a full blown migrane.

Anyway, i'll stop rambling for now!

All the best with it
xx

Hiya,
just been reading through your thread - congrats on your progress so far! It's always a balancing act trying to find what works out best for you and your life and it sounds as though you've got your self sorted.

I just wanted to comment on your earlier posts about migranes. I know it's a bit late but I'll just add it in case you ever have the prob again. I've been having them for the last 18 years - total nightmare and they come in clusters ( sometimes back to back for over a week -grrr) anyway, to cut a long story short, going into ketosis has triggered a series a few times. Sometimes I find that if i can sense one coming on early enough and down a can or 2 of coke zero with a couple of those extra power pain reliever tabs (mixture of paracetamol, asprin and caffeine) it can stall it and limit it to what I would term a 'bad headache' rather than a full blown migrane.

Anyway, i'll stop rambling for now!

All the best with it
xx

Yeah I was very very severely affected by migraines for a long time, so I hear ya. It's an awful thing :(

I get the odd cluster headache on occassion. So very hard to explain it - not a migraine, but it feels like your brain is being physically drilled - and everything else in your body goes numb, almost like an out of body experience.

I get triggered very easily and was almost expecting it, unfortunately I was out of pills at the time!!! ARGH! So I got to the vomiting stage long before I got home from work... so that meant I had to suffer it all night. Yick. If I did TS again I would definitely be more prepared!!! Thanks for the advice!! xx

Sounds like you're feeling happier on simple solution which is great :) And your goal to get to the 15's by September sounds achieveable, good luck :)

I am happier, a lot happier, but I flippin love the Exante shakes now! Even with normal food. I'm finding bread very hard to tolerate at the mo, which is good because I'm not eating a lot of it!! :D

Thanks to both of you for the lovely comments and helpfulness. I really feel that thanks to this place, and the lovely support, I'm slowly getting the right attitude which I never wanted in the past xxxx

Today I had a (b) shakey and (L) a sandwich (bread, cottage cheese and corned beef with a dash of red sauce) before my personal training session today :) because my session is earlier in the day, I might stick with a shake tonight to keep the carbs down to a minimum. And a wee bar as a treat woohoo :)

I've had cravings for the chocolate shakes all week XD

ok so i'm starting to wonder if maybe i'm not eating enough? I don't want to start eating too much more or that bad habits will sink in again!! I have put all of what I've eaten today so far - hopefully someone can advise lol

110312_a.png

500 is an estimation (forgot my hr monitor) but I know I always do this and more with my trainer lol

Last edited:
Ok so I decided to have half a pizza (rather than a whole one lol) as a treat. Bringing me up to 705 calories and 121.5 carbs. Nice to have a treat once in a while. Used to consider a whole oven pizza as the norm!! Bad stuff really! xx

And I did a 2.5mile walk with my mum later on in the day too.

Last edited:
hi ya , evryone needs a treat especially on a sat nite lol , ive done my ironing and the wine bottle kept shouting me , i ended up putting water in a wine glass just to satisfy me ha ha, keep up the super work lady xxx

How's it going?

xxx

Had some ryvita thins last night which I shouldn't have (about 4 of them) and i feel stupid guilty. WI is closing in and I really don't feel confident. At this rate I'll be happy with anything off. Considering I'm eating a whole lot less than I do on ww its really disappointing. :(

My heart isn't in it at the mo. I know I can't do keto, so TS and WS is really out for me. I'm not hungry as such, just silly cravings for bread and bread type things. It's really annoying that i'm not doing better considering how VERY LITTLE I am eating.. think my metabolism has fallen through the floor by not eating enough and this week has been the hard part, bringing it back up again...

Fingers crossed I can get through this

I feel exactly the same. Can't do TS or WS at the moment. Calorie counting seems to be working for me tho. Good luck hon x

Back