Struggling newbie seeking help

jay_ne

This is the first forum I have ever joined and I am not sure what to write or ask. I have looked on a couple of 'threads' and found them very inspiring so figured I should register and get involved.

Started SW in April with 1.5 stone to lose, it is so hard! I have managed 10 lbs in total but am back down to 6.5lb loss now and it has been such a yo-yo'ing carry on!

I have 2 dogs which are walked daily and I run 2-3 times a week averaging 20 miles / week .... Why can't I lose weight?!?!

Granted I love food and chocolate and ice cream but still

Hi. I'm new to SW but will share my exercise and weight experiences:
When I was eating somewhat sensibly and exercising regularly I visibly toned up. I didn't loose weight I don't think but people commented that I had. I felt fab. In fact the best I ever have.
When I was eating junk and exercising a lot I was simply maintaining or slowing weight gain. I felt very healthy but not a good as I had.
I also found that running bulks me up. When I was running marathons regularly my calves ended up huge. It wasnt muscle, or at least wasnt visibly muscle if that makes sense. It's the only time I've had cankles and struggled with long boots. Tbh I felt heavier than I ever have and that I looked awful. I'm heavier now but when I was running I felt heavier if that makes sense?
When I was cycling lots I gained visible leg muscles - I loved them!
Anyway, I guess I'm saying in a round about way that diet is more important than exercise for weight and that different exercises have different physical results.

Back