Struggling since having bars

OscarsMum

Has anyone else found that bars have slowed down their weight loss, or even knocked them out of ketosis? I have been 100% SS and drinking approx 3 litres per day and lost barely a pound. Not helping that I have sh*t scales that seem to go up and down faster than a tarts knickers...very frustrated as CDC away and so not getting back on her scales until 3rd Jan. any help or advice would be wonderful xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

One bar a day shouldn't kick you out of ketosis. The scales will move. If you are 100% on any of the plans you will be losing inches or pounds. The scale may simply not show any losss until a few more days. Also bars can cause a bit of constipation or a lot for some and you need to drink a glass of water before your bar in addition to the amount CWP advise.

Stick with the CWP 100% and you cannot fail to lose weight. If you scales are tempermental (i.e. a bit rubbish!) and you like to weigh daily then I would suggest you invest in a good quality set and weigh in the same place, time etc (I weigh between 6-6.30 post wee!) Hang in there until your CDC is back.

Thanks Kira - I make sure I drink 750mls when I have a bar - and had no bowel movements for 5 days now, even with taking some senakot. The wii fit shows me as losing a pound in a week as I have been doing 30 mins of step a day - apart from Xmas and Boxing day. Stupidly I didn't measure myself, but will do and try some clothes on as been living in my pro-skin leggings since Xmas eve!

I was so chuffed not going off plan over Xmas and was hoping for a nice boost by being so good!

Constipation can affect what the scales show (for me definitely). I'm really impressed you stuck to it through Christmas! Don't overdo exercise in the first couple of week that could possibly affect loss, remember you are on very low calories. I'm sure you will have a whoosh on you offical weigh in. Stick to it now you have started because it is very hard after even a planned break.

Oh! it may be worth trying on a pair of jeans that felt tight before you started and see how they feel today. They may feel less tight and that works instead of measuring too.

Are you on Week 3 or 4 of the diet, OscarsMum? Is so, that's probably the reason and not the bars. Week 3 and 4 are notorious for being slow weight loss weeks, just one of those things, unfortunately. It's your body trying to adjust itself, holding on to water because it can't work out what you're doing to it!

Some people will swear that having bars slows them down (and who am I to say they're wrong?) but IMHO I don't believe they make any difference in the long term. There are many many of us who have a bar every day and still enjoy good losses. It's worth bearing in mind that there will always be weeks on Cambridge where you don't lose very much (sometimes nothing at all!) but it has nothing to do with what you've done (so long as you've been 100%!), just that the body isn't a machine. Usually a slow week is followed up by a good week. Some people have a three slow weeks followed by a huge loss in week 4 (TOTM related maybe). Overall, it all comes out to the same thing - around about a stone a month. The trick is to keep the faith during the slow weeks. Cambridge works - there are so few calories in the products, it can't fail!

Hang in there x x x

Hi Lily yes I am embarking on week 4 so it would have been my 3rd weigh in today! I know I lost 16lbs in my first 2 weeks so shouldn't be too greedy for big losses every week! Plus I have a stupid contraceptive implant and have been bleeding since day 2 of starting CD :(. Still I am very focused and not going to give up!

I'm sure Lily is right and that it's a normal week 3 / 4 slow down rather than anything to do with the bars. On the VLCD that I'm on I've had the bars from the get go but week 4 was still slooow. I probably would have blamed the bars if I'd introduced them then but as it happens I had exactly the same products as I'd had in previous weeks.

I get very constipated on this type of diet and Senokot doesn't do anything for me. I've tried most things (fibre supplements, psyllium husks, laxatives, you name it!) but had the most success with Dulcolax Pico Perles. They're effective but without the horrible stomach cramps I had with the normal Dulcolax. I wasn't managing to 'go' enough before but since I've been taking these a couple of times a week I've felt much better and not horribly bloated like I was before. Take a couple before bedtime, relief before breakfast shake :)

Thanks BordersGirl - will try the Perles...I have some senakot max strength that I will try tonight. Lol, the things we have to talk about! Xxx

Back