Struggling Slimmer

I keep hearing about this 30 day shread dvd am going to look it up now.
I do aerobics at home but never manage to do before work so have to do when I get home and tired!
Is this dvd really hard then?

Nellylou said:
I keep hearing about this 30 day shread dvd am going to look it up now.
I do aerobics at home but never manage to do before work so have to do when I get home and tired!
Is this dvd really hard then?

Yeah it's v hard but gets results. I had to do it at night too so prob made it a bit harder for me tbh. It's only 27 mins or so but boy is it mean lol

Day 3 of 30 Day Shred complete again at 5:45am this morning! I woke up before my alarm so I think it's my body's way of telling me to get up and do it! It is really hard but I do feel better afterwards!

Made another new recipe last night that I found in an old magazine. Think it's called mango chicken or something. I put chopped chicken breast, red onion, peppers on a baking tray then mixed 2 level tablespoons of mango chutney (4 syns) with some water and poured it over the tray and mixed it all togehter. Baked that in the oven for about half an hour and served with boiled rice. Could have put more veg in it to bulk it out and include more superfree. But it was really nice, kind of like a sweet and sour dish, and only 2 syns each portion.

Our challenge at group this week was to try 2 new things - so I have tried that mango chicken recipe and lasagne with garlic bread. Not sure what the scales will look like tonight at WI. Had a bad weekend and have started a strenuous(!) exercise programme, both of which may lead to a (hopefully) small gain. Fingers crossed it's not too bad...

WI last night - put on half a pound :(
Feeling a bit fed up at the moment as I know this week is going to be difficult again as we're away staying with friends for 2 nights at the weekend. Plus I was too tired to get up and do my shred DVD this morning and don't know if I'll have time to fit it in as I won't get home til late tonight. I've been going since January and have now lost 4.5lb. There are people who started the same time as me who are nearly at a stone and a half loss now. I know I need to forget about others and focus on my own journey, but it's so disheartening sometimes :cry:I'm beginning to wish I'd never told people at work about it as every week they ask how I've done and I know they think I'm rubbish. I've just told one colleague and she said 'you're like a little yo-yo you aren't you'. I've always yo-yo'd and I wish it was different but that's just me!

Anyway, I've left my bf with instructions to make a SW quiche while I'm out tonight so I can have some of that when I get home late, and bring some for my lunch tomorrow. If I'm feeling ok when I get home I'm going to do my DVD as I'm a bit gutted I didn't get up and do it this morning, I'm so tired at the moment though I couldn't face it. I hope once I've been doing it a bit longer I will have more energy but at the moment I'm absolutely knackered by 9pm.

Sorry for the moan, I'm not normally like this. Normal service will resume shortly....I hope :sigh:

Ah I really feel for you...i have been really good over the last 2 weeks and had a sts and a 0.5lb loss. Really felt I deserved more!! My WI is tomorrow morning but I got weighed at home this morning and seem to have lost nothing this week, once again I have been really good and not gone over my syns.

Haven't posted a food diary for a few days, but there's no point at the minute! The last few days have been really bad. I've just had a really bad week and have been feeling quite low. My dad has been in hospital which hasn't helped - all fine now though :)

Anyway, saw my friend yesterday and we were both talking about how rubbish we were feeling. We both have goals in mind and can't understand why we can't just be good - we know how to do it! Today we are both feeling a lot more positive and I am ready to have a really good day. Got lots of fruit with me at work and my bf is cooking a lovely healthy tea for us tonight. However, I couldn't be bothered to get up early this morning to do my shred DVD BUT am going to do it as soon as I get in from work, and then might be going to zumba later on too. That will be a nice kick start for me!

My danger areas this week are - we are going to London tomorrow afternoon on the coach for 2 nights so that's 2 6 hour coach journies with stops at service stations to content with! Plus an all-day drinking session on Saturday! I'll stick to vodka on Saturday and will alternate with soft drinks (can't handle vodka all day from 11am!!). Should be ok on our way tomorrow afternoon as the coach is at 3pm so I will fill up on free stuff before we leave, and I have some quiche that I can take with me as a filling snack. At the service station I could get a jacket potato and fruit, although Burger King will be calling my name!!! But because we're staying with friends, I don't know what we'll be eating while we're there, and we'll probably eat out on Saturday. So if I'm good today and do exercise, then get straight back on it Monday and Tuesday, the damage might not be so bad... I hope :sigh: I'm sick of having weeks like this - just wish I could lose every week, even if it was 1lb a week I would be over the moon!

Right, on with the day! Aim for today: NO CHOCOLATE!!!

Back in the zone!

Right, wellI haven't been on here for a few days - weekend in London and then been feeling rubbish since I got back. Must have caught some London germs. Didn't go to WI last night as I felt so rubbish and thought I would have put on after the weekend's antics. I text my leader asking for a holiday and he text back trying to guilt me into going saying 'you could use a holiday but...'. I just didn't reply and went straight to bed when I got home! Anyway, after I'd had a sleep I had a cheeky look at the scales and I reckon if I had gone I would have somehow lost this week! Not much - maybe half/ 1 pound. I think it must be the 30 Day Shred DVD that's done it, although I've only completed 5 days so far and haven't done it since Friday.

Anyway, I'm back in the zone today. I think it's a comination of a few things:
  • Realising I've probably lost this week so if I work hard this week I will get a good loss next week rather than making up for a gain (which is what I thought I'd be doing!)
  • Watching supersize vs superskinny last night has put me off rubbish food for a while!!
  • My boyfriend did some research last night and found out that if we want to go skydiving while we're travelling later in the year I will have to lose about a stone and a half. Really don't want to let my weight stop us doing something we really want to do. How awful would that be???
So my plan for this week: I've already made up my chocolate tub with 56 syns worth of mini chocolate bars, leaving me with 7 syns per day. Last time I did that I lost 2.5lb so I'm hoping for a similar result. Haven't got anything coming up this week apart from lunch at my brother's house on Saturday, but if I save syns to allow for that I should be ok. When I'm feeling a bit betterI will get back to my Shred DVD as I really think that is making a difference (I can tell I've lost weight from one of my stomach rolls!). On top of that I will continue to try and drink as much water throughout the day as I can. I find this easy at work as there is a water machine and I've constantly got water on my desk. It's a bit harder when I'm at home and over the weekend as I just forget to drink!

Really glad I'm back in the zone. It's been nice to come slightly off plan for a few days but I feel much better when I'm on plan. But when I've fallen off the wagon completely it's so hard to pick myself up and climb back on, but it always happens eventually! :D

Food Diary: Wednesday 30th March

Breakfast: Weetablix (HEXB), milk (HEXA), banana
Lunch: Cous cous, salad, chicken, boiled egg
Dinner: Chicken breast stuffed with quark and garlic, roasted courgette, peppers, mushrooms, Rice

Snacks: banana, apple, ff yoghurt, nectarine, mango, melon, pineapple

Exercise: Zumba class

Syns: 0 (yey!)

Started my chocolate tub thing again so had a few bits out of that but didn't count them. Only allowed 7 syns a day doing this, so I'm pleased I didn't use any. Need to save a few as got a few meals out this weekend.

Felt good to be back at zumba last night. Hadn't been at all last week. They did a new warm up routine involving lots of squats so my calfs were killing throughout the whole thing! Looking forward to getting back to the Shred DVD, maybe tomorrow!

Feel a lot better now I've had one good day. One or two good days is all it takes to set me off to have a good week. Just wish I could do it more often!

Food Diary: Thursday 31st March
Extra Easy

Breakfast: weetabix (HEXB) milk (HEXA) banana
Lunch: Scotch egg (2 syns) rice
Dinner: Scotch egg (2 syns)

Snacks: banana, apple, yoghurt

Syns: 4 / 7

Good day syns wise but not sure if I got my third superfree in as I got home so late I didn't have a proper dinner (was planning to have leftover bolognese). Bit of a stressful day so I'm glad I didn't reach for the junk food!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Food Diary: Friday 1st April
Extra Easy

Breakfast: Weetabix (HEXB) milk (HEXA) banana
Lunch: Jacket potato with bolognese (leftovers)
Dinner: Steak, steamed veg, rice, sauce made from onions chicken stock and quark (yummy!)

Snacks: Apple, banana, grapes, yoghurt, ham

Syns: 14 x mikado = 7 / 7

Proud of myself as I resisted many offers of alcoholic drinks last night as I wanted to use my syns for mikado while we watched a film!

So far so good this week! Hope I can keep it up til Tuesday...

Food Diary: Saturday 2nd April
Extra Easy

Breakfast: weetabix (HEXB), milk (HEXA)
Lunch: Frankie & Benny's spaghetti and meatballs (no idea how many syns but hoping the ones I've saved so far this week will cover it)
Dinner: 2 crackerbread (2syns) with cottage cheese, chicken and tomato

Snacks: yoghurt, 5 x mikado (5syns)

Syns: 7 + F&B meal

Exercise: Shred DVD day 6 level 1

Proud of myself for choosing wisely from the F&B menu, it could have been a while lot worse!

WI last night and I lost 2lb so I was really pleased. The chocolate tub obviously worked for me again!

Haven't had a good day today though. Lots of sandwiches and biscuits at a meeting. Going to do my shred DVD when I get in and start from scratch tomorrow. Can't let one bad day ruin my week!

Had a few days off from posting my food diary so need to start again!

Food Diary: Thursday 7th April
Extra Easy

Breakfast: Weetabix (HEXB) milk (HEXA) banana
Lunch: Roast chicken breast with quark and garlic filling, cous cous, roasted veg (courgette, peppers, mushrooms)
Dinner: Apple, kiwi fruit, yoghurt

Snacks: Apple, satsuma, scotch egg (2syns), banana

Syns: 2 / 7 (doing my chocolate tub again as it worked last week which means 7 syns a day)

No exercise

Quite happy with that yesterday. The day before I had a bad day with the buffet and biscuits so it could have easily escalated into a bad couple of days and then a bad week and then a gain at WI! Glad I've managed to have a good day yesterday and I will try my best to make sure the rest of the week is really good to hopefully get a loss at WI. Watch this space...

Back