Struggling to start

CurtisGetsHealthy

Cannot seem to motivate myself to get started- have loadssss to loose and Im sick of being fat but just cannot seem to stick to being SS- always do 1 day or even half a day then give in- really want to stick it out for a good few months; any tips people? x

Speaking as a repeat offender - when it works it really really works! Need to think positive instead of WILL POWER you need WONT POWER - if you beleive you can not stick to it then you wont. Just think i can do it and wont cheat and keep trying - one day something will just click and away you go.............

Curtis

I am struggling too - I am inches from saying stuff it and going to KFC.

Inches

However I don't want to be fat anymore .
I don't want to be a failure
I don't want to wear clothes that cover me rather than what I'd like to wear

So I'm on day 4.

It's not easy . I don't believe it gets easier despite other peoples viewpoints.

However

You have to decide for yourself how much do you want to be slim?

Is it worth a few months on this ?

If so find something - anything to take your mind off food and take it day by day.

Just day by day.

For me - my thoughts are - eat if you want but you know you will always be fat - you have never been able to do it on other diets and despite thinking oh it's ok I will start WW tomorrow - its more sensible - more healthy - more easier to do ! I know I've never been able to stick to it before for longer than a week or two!

So I MUST do this

The alternative is to get bigger and bigger.

Good luck - I hear your pain

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The above post says it all really.. great advice there =)

Loving all this advice, thanks everyone- think Im thinking toooo long term which is making me dread doing it, need to take it day by day get into ketosis then start having targets etcc x

Curtis

If the mere thought of SS is filling you with dread, why don't you SS+? It's still a VLCD (640) and my CDC says there is hardly any difference at all in weight loss between the two. At least you will have that small 200 cal meal to look forward to at some point in the day.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't.

Good luck & best wishes with your journey x

Have to say I am inches away from going the shop and eating every bit of chocolate in there cos am so stressed tonight. BUT I'm sick of being fat...

Like Casablanca said think about SS+, thats what I am doing and altho I keep falling of the wagon, I am finding SS+ a lot easier than SS due to the little meal on a night.

Yes Karrinnae! 5 stone before xmas XD today is my day one thinking about food a lot but trying to work through it! luckily found that cups at my work are a size so I can split soup into two which tricks me into feeling less deprived!

also yeahh casablanca i thought about that- does it not affect losses much then? the only issue is that im vege which gives me less options for that but I might switch onto it- even if just for these rough first few dayss!

spoons did you cheat or stick with? good luck!

Yes Karrinnae! 5 stone before xmas XD today is my day one thinking about food a lot but trying to work through it! luckily found that cups at my work are a size so I can split soup into two which tricks me into feeling less deprived!

also yeahh casablanca i thought about that- does it not affect losses much then? the only issue is that im vege which gives me less options for that but I might switch onto it- even if just for these rough first few dayss!

Curtis

Here's my little journey so far on SS+ to give you an idea:-

WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :)

WEEK 3: -2lbs :)
WEEK 4: -3lbs :)
WEEK 5: -2lbs :)
WEEK 6: STS (ok with that because had 3 days off plan)
Week 7: -4lbs :D

Inches: -12
(needs updating)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month – done!
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9’s asap – done!

spoons said:
I stuck with it, really wasn't worth cheating for the sake of a bar of choccy, hang in there you can do this :)
well done! thank youu sticking with it :)

casablanca said:
Curtis

Here's my little journey so far on SS+ to give you an idea:-

WEEK 1: -9lbs :D
WEEK 2: -2lbs :)
WEEK 3: -2lbs :)
WEEK 4: -3lbs :)
WEEK 5: -2lbs :)
WEEK 6: STS (ok with that because had 3 days off plan)
Week 7: -4lbs :D

Inches: -12 (needs updating)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] mini goal: lose a stone in a month - done!
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] mini goal: get into the 9's asap - done!

wooo congrats!! if you dont mind me asking how much did you have to loose?

ahh cool casablanca.

I SS ed allll day then ruined it right at the end of the day- with carbs as well!! :mad: Today is the day though, need to stay positive and focus on my mas challenge. Hows everyone else doing today/yesterday evening?

Did you do any prep before you started?

I did two days, ate no carbs (so just meat, veg & fruit) and upped my water to 3ltrs a day and I swear this is what made me keep going once I'd started.
It meant I was kicked into ketosis on the morning of day 2 (so just 1 low day) instead of feeling tired & low for 2+ days!
May be worth a try first before going straight into SS?

Don't mean to stick my nose in guys, but even fruit and veg have carbs in, so be careful.

Some fruits have quite a high carb content.

If you look at the "allowable" foods list in the in the CD book, you won't see any fruit on there, not in the initial steps anyway.

x

Don't mean to stick my nose in guys, but even fruit and veg have carbs in, so be careful.

Some fruits have quite a high carb content.

If you look at the "allowable" foods list in the in the CD book, you won't see any fruit on there, not in the initial steps anyway.

x

Sorry, probably wasn't clear..
this was before I started CD, my CDC told me to cut out high carb foods (e.g. bread, pasta, potatos, rice) for 2 days before I started on SS so my body wouldn't go into total shock on day 1 of SS!
It really helped me as ketosis kicked in really quickly after I started! I didn't have 2+ days of feeling tired and down!

xo

Sorry, probably wasn't clear..
this was before I started CD, my CDC told me to cut out high carb foods (e.g. bread, pasta, potatos, rice) for 2 days before I started on SS so my body wouldn't go into total shock on day 1 of SS!
It really helped me as ketosis kicked in really quickly after I started! I didn't have 2+ days of feeling tired and down!

xo

Ah, I see what you mean :)

I do miss my fruit, I must admit. Still, all good things come to those who wait (I hope!)

x

Back