Induction Struggling today :(

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Having a bad day today!

I'm SO hungry and all I'm craving is a big bowl of special k with milk! In trying to distract my self but it's hard! I've got a headache and I'm so tired today!

Any tips?? Did anyone else feel like this? X

Hey hun! It's ur body craving carbs which is normal, Unfortunatly it's something we have to put up with for a day or two.

Once ur in ketosis your hunger will go and it's so worth it!!

Get some paracetamol down you and have some Atkins friendly food :)

It'll be over in no time

Stay strong!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you're actually hungry, eat! :) That's the beauty of Atkins Induction - you're never supposed to go hungry.

Craving sweet/starch is absolutely normal for the first couple of weeks. Carbohydrate is the easiest form of fuel for the body to use, so it's going to try to push you to eat it. Once the switchover to fat-burning happens (ketosis) it will calm down, but until then I'm afraid you will have to stay strong and ride out the cravings.

You can help yourself by making sure you don't go hungry, so eat plenty of good fats and proteins, and some people find that things like sugar-free jelly can ease the cravings.

Just stay on track and it WILL get better :)

Absolutely, eat! Eat something with a good dose of fat in it for satiety - cheese, or egg with mayo. If you need strong flavors add some pickled cucumber or spring onion. If you want something a bit cake like make yourself an induction friendly Swiss roll - the recipe is in moonlights meals in the recipe section.

If you're desperate for something cereally try flax porridge - Linwood's flax meal (30g) with alpro unsweetened soya milk light and sweeteners, popped in the microwave for a minute.

I am always starving the first few days of Atkins. Once I'm solidly in ketosis though I'm not hungry at all. So if you're struggling in the first few days, eat!

And if you have a headache you may need a little more salt - try some chicken broth or adding a little more to your food for a few days.

Back