Struggling - who else has gone off the plan til after Christmas?

thank god i thought i was the only one i seem to be having one day on plan one day off cos i get sidetracked

I have given myself time off until new year. i accept whatever happens on the scales ad will deal with it then. And to be honest, i feel better about myself than i have for ages-no beating myself up.

Have a great time away

There is so much temptation everywhere, try to limit the damage but make sure you have a fantastic christmas. I'm planning christmas and boxing day off plan as well as new years eve ( just evening though )
Thats the plan and hopefully can stick to it.
Havent brought any foods so far which aren't on plan and no intending to go over the top nearer to xmas so if I do over indulge it will be on the lower synned products i've always got on hand.
I go away on the 27th til the 2nd but in control of what we eat so planning to be 90% good.

Claire
x

Thank goodness it isn't just me. Every one at my class seems to be staying on track and not me.:break_diet: Even beginning to think the weigh in lady is giving me odd looks (that might be my paranoia though)

Going to rest the plan until new year I think. Going to Penzance tomorrow- not a lot of places to eat healthy that I can think of off the top of my head (probs find something though) and office do on Friday - tried to select the least damaging, but probably will do some damage.

Onwards and downwards in the new year!!:D

I've actually been really good.....so far :angeldevil: I'm planning on having some time off, probably from the middle of next week, until the 2nd of Jan. But I'm gonna try and make sure I at least have some SW friendly meals. I can't even promise myself that I wont go mad with the naughty stuff, because I know I will, but I'm gonna give my all in the New Year :D

Merry Christmas everyone ;)

I am also finding it really hard to stay on track, however today I had an okay day - still not perfect but better than others!
Bought some new clothes today still a size 14 "sigh" so i know i have a long way to go!

Good luck everyone

Claire

I have given myself time off until new year. i accept whatever happens on the scales ad will deal with it then. And to be honest, i feel better about myself than i have for ages-no beating myself up.

Have a great time away

Ditto Jane!!! If I was to turn down every invitation to go for lunch, drinks, etc I would be a real grinch so the way I look at it is it's once a year, I'm enjoying myself and I always find January is a great month for getting my head back into focus with regards dieting (after my birthday of course!):eek:

Have a lovely time away chick *hugs* xx

I think STAYING at Target for nearly 18 months is a fantastic achievement, and you should be very proud of that - you're an inspiration to the rest of us!

I'm STILL struggling to get back into target range. It's costing me a fortune pi**ing about - thank goodness Hubby has held it together! But in the 15 months we've been going to SW, several people who made it, then left, have now rejoined...

So Well Done to you. You can see that your post has struck a chord with lots of us. You KNOW how to repair the damage after Christmas, so give yourself a break, and really enjoy your holiday!!!

I am really trying hard to reach my target by Christmas. I really hope to make it, but if I don't I have another week as my target date was year end.
I am not struggling at all as I have not gone out for any meals yet. I am having a lunch on Friday with a friend but will choose the best options I can. Wine is the problem as I love it and always have it when I eat out. However, I have been cutting back my syns to 7.5 to 10 since Saturday, and will continue until Friday so I should be covered.
On Christmas day it will just be my OH and me, and we are having a meal from the Dec mag and no pudding. No mince pies and certainly no chocs for me. I plan to have my home made baileys and perhaps some mulled wine at our local pub
so I am sure I will be over, but no too much. Not going to worry about it though.
On the 27th we are going to our youngest son and his OHs home for a gathering with two of our other sons and their wives so I am treating that as a flexi day. My son is doing the cooking so no idea what he is making.
My hope is to be at target by then so want to stay within the target range.

:mad::mad::mad:

I just can't get with the programme guys n gals!
Talk about not sticking to plan - I'm not planning my meals, not taking lunch to work, not eating much fruit, not resisting all the treats (just some), eating the christmas sweets already and generally going off the rails.

I said in my diary that I know I am in control of my own destiny and normally I'm very good but tbh at the moment I just can't get with it - so I've kinda said stuff it until after Christmas. I go away this weekend until Boxing Day so the damage is going to have to be addressed next year.

Sorry to waffle, I just needed to share. :p

Me too!! I'm trying but it's not going great so far... only 1week 6days until I start again and I'm excited already lol. I don't care if I gain in this time (within reason!) as I know after Xmas I'll be back to 100% SW and losing 2-4lbs a week. I'm just trying toenjoy it as it's only once a year.xxx

Last edited:
I think it is dangerous to look at in terms of 'on' or 'off' plan- this must be a lifetime thing, not a temporary change that we can drop occasionally.

What you have to remember mate is that if you eat 60 flexi syns every day for 15 days straight and get weighed in and have a gain YOU ARE STILL ON PLAN. The really important thing is where possible you have made a healthier choice, when not, you have eaten conciously and enjoyed every mouthful and at the end of it all you faced the music with the scales, accepted the result and didn't even think of giving up.

You would have to be a saint to not struggle/gain over Christmas- the key is that you don't let the eating go into unconcious mode (where you shovel things in without enjoying them for the sake of being 'off' plan) you enjoy everything you eat, you make clever choices when possible and you surround yourself with tons of free delicious food so you feel less of a victim (smoked salmon, anyone?).

If you end up eating 65 mince pies so what, as long as you enjoyed them, didn't beat yourself up, synned them, turned down many more and still weighed in afterwards?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wise words CP (can't rep ya, sorry). I am still ON PLAN. I had a lovely SW risotto last night but followed it with lots of nougat from M&S which I had put away to take on hols. 10 pieces, 3 syns each. I had 30 syns and that does not include the mayo and brown roll I had for lunch. So, probably 50 syns yesterday. On plan, yes, but only just!!

Your post has made me look at it in a different light.

I never think of SW as a diet, I just think of it as the way I eat and have done for ages, just sometimes I want more than I am meant to eat to maintain my weight if that makes sense? I want more bread and more cereal and more treats than I should have.

Humph. I'm glad I started this thread, it kind of helps analyse the silly thoughts I have in my head and makes a bit of sense to me!!

Thanks to EVERYONE!!

I'm the same and I have only been on plan since Oct! Have lost 11.5lb and can see me struggling over christmas. My celebrations start Sat 19th!!

I think it is dangerous to look at in terms of 'on' or 'off' plan- this must be a lifetime thing, not a temporary change that we can drop occasionally.

What you have to remember mate is that if you eat 60 flexi syns every day for 15 days straight and get weighed in and have a gain YOU ARE STILL ON PLAN. The really important thing is where possible you have made a healthier choice, when not, you have eaten conciously and enjoyed every mouthful and at the end of it all you faced the music with the scales, accepted the result and didn't even think of giving up.

You would have to be a saint to not struggle/gain over Christmas- the key is that you don't let the eating go into unconcious mode (where you shovel things in without enjoying them for the sake of being 'off' plan) you enjoy everything you eat, you make clever choices when possible and you surround yourself with tons of free delicious food so you feel less of a victim (smoked salmon, anyone?).

If you end up eating 65 mince pies so what, as long as you enjoyed them, didn't beat yourself up, synned them, turned down many more and still weighed in afterwards?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GREAT post! Tried to rep but couldn't. What great advice. I'll be heeding this when I'm Stateside!

To CP - Also tried to rep you, but couldn't! Very wise advice as always, which will help everyone who reads it.

Since you produced your Christmas 'traffic light' list - which I now carry around with Donnie's yogurts list, I have started to use the Food Directory in a completely different way, going through it highlighting all the Free and Low Syn foods I'd like to try, and adding some each time to my shopping list. Far better than just looking up the syn value when shopping, or worse, when I get home with the item!

So thanks again to Jaylou for starting this thread, which is reassuring to many of us that we're NOT the only one struggling, and again to CP for her very timely advice.

:mad::mad::mad:

I just can't get with the programme guys n gals!
Talk about not sticking to plan - I'm not planning my meals, not taking lunch to work, not eating much fruit, not resisting all the treats (just some), eating the christmas sweets already and generally going off the rails.

I said in my diary that I know I am in control of my own destiny and normally I'm very good but tbh at the moment I just can't get with it - so I've kinda said stuff it until after Christmas. I go away this weekend until Boxing Day so the damage is going to have to be addressed next year.

Sorry to waffle, I just needed to share. :p

Me me meeeeeeeeeeeeee *waves hands around*.

Meh.

I've been struggling to stick to plan this week and it's going to kick my butt tonight at WI.

My problem is ususally that I don't eat enough but technically on plan. But since getting poorly last week I am acting like I am about to hibernate...I'm even eating stuff I don't normally touch!

I've been back on plan since Sunday and plan to stick to best I can other than my birthday and Christmas.

I'm annoyed at self but I know I can fix anything and will sort it out - I just need to get head straight.

Have a good break hun xxx

I think I get confused about what on and off plan actually is....so thanks for the post CP (I can't rep you either!).
I think of on plan as free foods and HEs and off plan as a takeaway or whatever, but if the takeaway is within the weekly syns then it's still on plan...right?

its defo a time of year where dieting gets harder :( lots of tasty food on adverts and all that chocolate everywhere and meals out with work and friends and whatever else comes your way

but at the end of the day as long as you are enjoying it its all good. and i don't know about you guys but usually when i have a bit of a binge and don't really count syns or make note of what i am eating, i think the gain will be horrific but the reality is that it isn't. a couple pounds isn't the end of the world and i find if you have a gain its easier to loose it the next week than it would be to just lose on a normal week

so really being a little relaxed over xmas, or even for the whole of the rest of december it will do some damage but as long as you are enjoying it go 4 it and i will see you here in the new year where we will all be super motivated and help each other out! yeh? :D

X

Ah, we need to spread the lurve, not give it all to you!!!
You speak wise words though my friend, you deserve the repping :)

Back