Struggling - who else has gone off the plan til after Christmas?

jaylou

Gold Member
:mad::mad::mad:

I just can't get with the programme guys n gals!
Talk about not sticking to plan - I'm not planning my meals, not taking lunch to work, not eating much fruit, not resisting all the treats (just some), eating the christmas sweets already and generally going off the rails.

I said in my diary that I know I am in control of my own destiny and normally I'm very good but tbh at the moment I just can't get with it - so I've kinda said stuff it until after Christmas. I go away this weekend until Boxing Day so the damage is going to have to be addressed next year.

Sorry to waffle, I just needed to share. :p

Maybe treat your self to a break from now until xmas..... just try to maintain hun.... you don't wanna hop on the scales and find you've undone all your hard work...... you've done fab losing 42lb keep it up!! you will feel worse finding out you have gained than the bad feeling of saying no..... it's only 2 simple letters hun :D

It's a strange time of year. I'm going to be taking a couple of days off over Christmas and I'm kind of getting into that mindset and slipping up too - what is it about Christmas that turns sensible, meal planning people into sugar-craving, baileys-swigging monsters?! That's me anyway. :D
I'm going to be sticking to it when I can, enjoying those 'naughty' things guilt free over Christmas - IF I want them - and then look forward to getting 100% back on it in the new year. Next year is OUR year people! :D:D:D

You're not alone. Me too!

I think, as I've told myself that I'll be more relaxed over Christmas, that has given me the go-ahead to start Christmas immediately! LOL!

I am trying to not beat myself up about it. I'm not really planning meals, not eating as much fruit, not drinking as much water, having a few treats without necessarily synning them, etc.

Why don't you just think of it as flexi-time. Rather than going crazy with it all (which I know you won't) just say to yourself...yeah, I'm going to enjoy that mince pie. I didn't have one yesterday, so having one today is fine, and I won't have one tomorrow. Do you know what I mean? Just...wing it. You might be eating more stuff that isn't on plan but still be generally sticking to plan where poss and that will be good damage limitation.

And then come new year....get right back on it (instead of waiting til the end of January, like I usually do!!)

x

It's a strange time of year. I'm going to be taking a couple of days off over Christmas and I'm kind of getting into that mindset and slipping up too - what is it about Christmas that turns sensible, meal planning people into sugar-craving, baileys-swigging monsters?! That's me anyway. :D
I'm going to be sticking to it when I can, enjoying those 'naughty' things guilt free over Christmas - IF I want them - and then look forward to getting 100% back on it in the new year. Next year is OUR year people! :D:D:D

Haha i go to bed xmas eve normally and wake up a roast potato gobbling vodka swilling monster at xmas stange isn't it lol

I'm gonna treat myself buty stay on plan when not at my mums (she cooks too good) cos i can stick to plan at mine easier, if i dont buy it i wont eat it.

Im resisting but finding it very very hard, much harder than normal. It's to be expected this time of the year though I guess.

Meal planning is ok by me as I know I can eat all my faves the SW way with not too much trouble, but any normal year I'd be tucking into the chocs & crisps (Pringles!) while wrapping pressies, watching films and although I HAVE resisted so far I'm really struggling and dying to open a packet of something! Most of the chocs are still on the tree too but I SOOO want something 'nice'. :(
I'm trying to be good as I've barely lost anything the past month (for no particular reason) and I know how devestated I will be if I gain before xmas.

This Christmas will be the first time I don't have the traditional selection box for breakfast! :D

I'm exactly the same...I've told myself that I'll out weight on over Christmas and so that seems to have allowed me to relax now...I'm expecting a gain this week, if I even go to class, and then there's only one more wi before Christmas.
very annoying but I just don;t seem to have the will power atm

It is hard at the moment for me too, I have had 2 fantastic meals out, one Saturday which was to die for and full of cream and butter :eek: and the flippin wing wah today for lunch, full of oil and richness :cry:but what I am trying to do, is the days in between the goodies, pulling back a little so as to limit the damage. I have another on Thursday night at the harvester which won't be too bad till the pudding:break_diet:! I don't want to throw the towel in completely till after Christmas cos that's just a licence to stuff, but I don't want to feel deprived of the festive foods either. So, I would suggest you have a good time on the days you are celebrating with friends and then do what you can to selvage a bit on the days your not. It all helps and hopefully after Christmas it won't be quite as bad to get back into the swing of things and the damage won't be too depressing either. Good luck and remember, you are not alone:)

I am finding it increasingly difficult to. What does not help is as soon as you walk into supermarket there are goodies everywhere and on offer. I'm trying to stick to it as long as poss before xmas as it will be to difficult to stick when visiting family etc.
Crisps are calling me

You're not alone hun. I, too, have been in the 'sod-it' mode the past 2 weeks! I somehow lost last week but I know I'll be facing a mahoosive gain this week and I'm going to go to class anyway and face the music. It's my last WI before America on Thurs.

The only good thing is that I'm kind of sick of eating crap so I'm hoping this will help me be relatively healthy in America and I might come back with a smaller gain than usual!

I KNOW that I'll tackle any gain in the New Year but I am being honest with myself and doing it with open eyes. As long as you're being honest with yourself then I think you'll be fine getting back on track in the New Year.

xxx

Thanks all :) It's so difficult maintaining normally without Christmas being thrown in to mess things about!! I just think I know I'm going to gain, I'm going to enjoy it and I know full well I'll deal with it in the new year, I plan to get back on track as soon as I get back on Boxing Day and just have new years eve off.
Thing is, our "between xmas and NY" WI we get weighed and then have a 3 course meal which is NOT SW friendly!!!

Everywhere I go where there is Christmasy type nibbles there is always someone who says "go on, one won't hurt you" What they don't realise is they are the tenth person in the past hour to say it !!!!

Yep Rosie, you are right!! I've had mince pies offered to me in 3 different offices today! I haven't had one though - phew!

I'm not eating as much as I normally do but it's the wrong things. I had an egg mayo roll for lunch. Bad I know but it was all I had but I am starving now and dinner won't be until 7. Serves me right, I should have taken a packet of savoury rice...

I'll never learn. After 2.5 years of doing this.......tut tut tut

Crisps are calling me

they are my biggest weakness to ive had monster munch today but could eat a few more packets but no syns left after dinner so have to wait till tommorow :cry:

Back