Struggling with snacking!

NumberOne

Help! I just ate a few segments of Terry's chocolate orange. I think I ate 3 or 4 piece's. Normally I would of finished the whole thing but I'm trying so hard not to eat it. One reason why I am on here moaning. I actually felt like crying because I thought I wont be able to stop eating. Can anyone give me some king of advice on what I can do etc. Sorry for the long story, I just feel really crappy! :(

When i was snacking a lot i just decided not to have any snacks for a week or so. Just my meals. Was hard. But then when i allowed myself them again i didn't want as much as before.

I think maybe you need to try and look at it differently. You've said that you'd normally eat the whole thing but you only ate 3 or 4 pieces so don't beat yourself up about it, congratulate yourself for doing so much better than you would before! This whole thing is a journey, you don't just get to perfect overnight and stick there til goal, we all have ups and downs and I'll be honest, most of my downs are bigger blips than 3 or 4 slices of a chocolate orange so you're doing well! Don't deny yourself the things you like and want, just work them into your calories! You're doing well, give yourself a pat on the back and stop beating yourself up hun.

Bostik said:
When i was snacking a lot i just decided not to have any snacks for a week or so. Just my meals. Was hard. But then when i allowed myself them again i didn't want as much as before.

Oh I don't think I can stop snacking, even for a few days. It will just end up as a horror story lol

caroline g said:
I think maybe you need to try and look at it differently. You've said that you'd normally eat the whole thing but you only ate 3 or 4 pieces so don't beat yourself up about it, congratulate yourself for doing so much better than you would before! This whole thing is a journey, you don't just get to perfect overnight and stick there til goal, we all have ups and downs and I'll be honest, most of my downs are bigger blips than 3 or 4 slices of a chocolate orange so you're doing well! Don't deny yourself the things you like and want, just work them into your calories! You're doing well, give yourself a pat on the back and stop beating yourself up hun.

Thanks so much. You actually made me realize alot! I'm glad I came back on this forum :D

Yep, I'm terrible at snacking, especially at the mo when there is still alf full tins of roses and family circle lying around! Have been ok today so far though, touch wood!

candyflee said:
Yep, I'm terrible at snacking, especially at the mo when there is still alf full tins of roses and family circle lying around! Have been ok today so far though, touch wood!

My partner is a chocoholic and loves everything that's unhealthy. So there's always something around that tempts me. Otherwise I wouldn't be struggling as much :(

I struggle with snacking too but I try and work snacks into my daily allowance. Maybe try and plan them in advance so you feel like you're getting a treat but you're still in control?

I'm a picker but I enter everything that goes in my mouth on Mfp. I find some days if I've snacked a bit more than intended I will have a smaller meal or go for something low in calories. Also if I go over my net calories I will try and get on the Wii or go on a walk so I feel I'm still in control of my actions xx

I'm a picker but I enter everything that goes in my mouth on Mfp. I find some days if I've snacked a bit more than intended I will have a smaller meal or go for something low in calories. Also if I go over my net calories I will try and get on the Wii or go on a walk so I feel I'm still in control of my actions xx

I struggle with snacking too but I try and work snacks into my daily allowance. Maybe try and plan them in advance so you feel like you're getting a treat but you're still in control?

This is what I do try and plan in my snacks. I find I am needing something between 3 and 4pm and always have something in the evening after the kids have gone to bed.

If I have run out of calories then I do a bit extra exercise to make sure I can and then I still feel in control.

i find that if i do thing to keep busy i snack less, such as clean the bathroom, paint my ails, sort my wrdrobe - all a bit boring i know but keeping me busy really helps :) well done for ur weight loss so far !!

If you're feeling like snacking, brush your teeth or wash your mouth out with mouthwash, nothing tastes good after that and the craving will pass!

That's really good advice from caroline, I often will brush my teeth to stop me eating as everything tastes horrible.

Every time you feel like snacking have a drink, sometimes the urge is just our body telling us we're hungry

Catherine x

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
Might try that myself! At least if i don't lose weight, I'll have nice teeth to compensate! :p

That's true :) I floss, brush then use mouthwash. So that way I definitely won't eat otherwise I'll have to do it all over again lol.

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
Good idea!! I wish there was chocolate flavoured mouthwash though - cos sometimes the manky mouthwash taste makes you crave something nicer!!

Chocolate flavored mouthwash? I'd probably end up drinking it lol

Back