struggling with the last lbs, start conso early?

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster ;-)

I have been on Dukan since beginning of August, it's worked great for me so far. But I am now 4 lbs from my goal weight and I have started feeling very "deprived" for lack of a better word, for example I do a lot of baking for the family and feel i'm really missing out, same thing when buying fruit for the kids. This leads to me cheating with some bread here and there and even cookies the other day. I am wondering, should I just move onto conso now instead of on the 20th, which is the date i've been given originally? I just can't seem to keep the motivation up so I guess i'm wondering if it's better to consolidate what I have lost, instead of cheating on the diet. If anyone has any advice or support it would be great!

At 22.7 your current BMI is nice and healthy so if it feels like the right thing to do for you then move onto conso. You've done really well :) Are you satisfied with the weight you have lost?

I'm not on conso yet (hopefully will be very soon!) but from what I've read a lot of people lose a few more lbs on conso before levelling out.

Keep us updated of how you get on!

Today is my first day on conso after feeling exactly the same way. I was struggling to lose the last 7lbs and I was losing motivation so I decided to try and be happy with what I've done. I get lovely compliments, all my old clothes fit again and I feel better. I might lose the 7lbs in the future but, for now, it was time to move on.
I was close to cheating too and I have lots of social things coming up which would gave ruined the plan without gala meals. It also means conso will complete on December 23rd. Ideal! :)

Thanks ladies, I shall have to think it through properly this week. But it seems i'm not completely wrong then, and surely it's got to be better to allow oneself the relative flexibility of conso than cheating with rubbish foods. Will def keep you posted!

So I am now in consolidation, this is the morning after my first celebration meal and also my PP day. I'm really enjoying that extra bit of bread and fruit but i'm a bit apprehensive with regards to how the celebration meal will affect things. My birthday is on wednesday so going out for a meal with hubby, want to enjoy it so hopefully the extra (water?) weight will come off quickly after last night. How has that worked for the rest of you?

Back