Struggling with the 'unlimited' thing!

loulalou

Its my first day on Dukan and I think it is going well, I've had no really bad hunger pangs and I have enjoyed the food.

I feel a little worried that I'm eating too much. I think because I've always done diets like WW I can't get my head around it. I feel like I have eaten too much.

What do you think?

b - activia fat free yoghurt, chicken breast

l- cottage cheese, 2 eggs, ff greek yog with crystal light

s - more ff greek yog & oat bran

d - 3 chicken thighs, 1 chicken leg.

I feel so greedy eating all that chicken! I don't like any other meat though and I'm having fish tomorrow.

Maybe I just need to get my head around the fact that I don't have to point and weigh everything!

Hey,

I ate a whole chicken on Sunday! An actual full chicken lol... So don't worry about eating too much! The more protein you eat the better :)

As you are in attack the yoghurts are ok but you are limited during cruise I think it's 1ltr of dairy per day but I'm not too sure - maybe someone else can confirm that? And talking about yoghurts I'm not sure if the activia ones are allowed. I stick to muller or natural/Greek yoghurt.

I eat loooooads of chicken I have it everyday but u can make it really interesting. For example for my tea tonight I just whacked three chicken breasts (yes three!) in a dish and mixed it with bacon (fat cut off) garlic, chilli, quark and a loads of spices. Turned into a spicey caserolly thing and the quark seperated so it looked rubbish but it was suprisingly nice and I'd prob make it again!

The unlimited thing is weird to get your head around but it makes it easier to stick to. So instead of thinking, I'm hungry but I'm on a diet so can't eat anything I think, Im peckish I'll crack open some prawns! Mmm!!!

How long are you going to do attack for? And are you drinking plenty of water? X

At Emms first...you ate a whole chicken-that is awesome!!! :D Isn't it great that you don't have to starve on this 'diet'?

At Louise, I too struggled with eating too much because that is the mantra we've heard forever. That is why I couldn't stay on other diets like Nutrisystem...I was starving! (and very cranky...:mad:)

For me, if I'm hungry all the time, then all I do is think about eating! Now that I've been on this diet for about 3 or so weeks, I'm actually eating less than I was in the beginning. Kinda weird but it takes less to fill me up now. Although I will say I am eating less now because I'm making the microwave bread...I think it explodes in your stomach and nothing else will fit! :p

In attack, it's normal to be hungry and to eat perhaps more than you would otherwise. By day three, though, you'll not feel as hungry. The activia fat free yoghurts are NOT ok though - they contain sugar - so no more please! Keep an eye on your dairy quantity too for the future cos, as Emms says, the limit in Cruise is 1K total and many (myself included) find even half that can cause a stall.

Look at varying things somewhat. OK you only like chicken perhaps but there are many things you can do with chicken. Check out our recipe thread. Enjoy your fish today :D

I'd also advise cooking with your oatbran rather than simply spooning it into a yoghurt. You'll find it far more filling too.

Could you fill out your User CP please so that we can see your current weight, height etc.

And remember to drink plenty of water... and take a sugar free multivitamin pill each day.

Thanks ladies! All of that is great to know and I lost 3lbs overnight so obviously didn't eat too much :)

I calculated how much dairy I had and it was well under 0.5l so I think I'm ok there. gutted about the activia yoghurts but will steer clear from now on.

Emms I think I'm going to try to do attack for a week as I have about 4 stone to lose. I hope I can last that long. I'm not hungry so thats not the issue, just feeling groggy but I expected that. I;e drunk about 9 glasses of water, as well as tea and coffee. I hope this is enough?

Jennifer that microwave bread sounds good but I don't have a microwave, do you know if you can cook it in normal oven?

Jo I know what you mean about the chicken, I had it plain for breakfast but for dinner I had it marinaded on kebabs and it was really nice. I will also try to make those gallettes.

Thanks again....2nd day here I come!

Good luck Louise... what's on the menu today then?

The Unlimited concept is really weird after years of being told that we are all overweight because we just eat too much and "Calories in - Calories out"

Dukan works on the principle (now gaining wider acceptance) that not all calories are equal, and that it is not how much you eat but what you eat that causes fat deposition.

In short -

If you eat more protein than you need - it doesn't get stored, you just pee it away. (This is why it is vital to keep drinking water through the day, to help your kidneys! It is also why this diet is NOT good for anyone with dodgy kidneys, cystitis or things like gout!)

If you eat more fat than you need - it is stored as, well, fat.

If you eat more carbohydrate than you need - it is stored as - hello! - fat.

Further more, we all have subtly different metabolisms, which deal with fat, carbs and protein in different ways - and some of us are far better at converting carbs into fat than others, who are forced to "fidget" it off through activity (and this, in turn, may be why high carb diets are bad for children with ADD - load them with fuel and they have to keep moving).

This is still very controversial stuff, and you will find experts arguing both sides equally sincerely.

But Dukan is one of the first low-carb diets to really put all this different way of looking at nutrition into a popular easy-to-follow plan.

That's probably more than you wanted to hear - but in short, eat the chicken, because the excess will be tinkling in the loo tomorrow, not snuggling into your hips and thighs.

Fabulous post Atropos :D

Thank you atropos thats really set me at ease and so informative, thank again :)

The system won't let me give you any more reputation ;-)

Well, you know what they say about girls with a "reputation", so maybe that's just as well ;D

Thanks ladies! All of that is great to know and I lost 3lbs overnight so obviously didn't eat too much :)

I calculated how much dairy I had and it was well under 0.5l so I think I'm ok there. gutted about the activia yoghurts but will steer clear from now on.

Emms I think I'm going to try to do attack for a week as I have about 4 stone to lose. I hope I can last that long. I'm not hungry so thats not the issue, just feeling groggy but I expected that. I;e drunk about 9 glasses of water, as well as tea and coffee. I hope this is enough?

Jennifer that microwave bread sounds good but I don't have a microwave, do you know if you can cook it in normal oven?

Jo I know what you mean about the chicken, I had it plain for breakfast but for dinner I had it marinaded on kebabs and it was really nice. I will also try to make those gallettes.

Thanks again....2nd day here I come!

Louise,
I honestly do not know if the bread can be baked in the oven, haven't tried it yet. I'm sure you could but it only makes enough for one serving. You may want to look at the muffin recipe which makes enough for several days. I believe the muffins are allowed once you get into cruise (double check though).

Congrats on the 3 lbs! :D

Muffins are fine from the outset - just use 1.5 tablespoons oatbran only in attack, and bake in silicon moulds... adding sweetener (and flavouring) if you need a sweet fix, or perhaps some smoked salmon if you're sticking to savoury (perhaps to retrain your palate - I'm ever hopeful of teaching mine something new!!). Multiply the recipe quantity and make for several days (mustn't eat them all though!). Or even, say, quadruple the ingredients, bake in a cake tin (silicon best) and slice into number of days' pieces if easier for you. They freeze well too so are easier for busy/lazy people like me.

Try the bread recipe in the oven - everyone gets different results, so you'll need to try and test things (and let us know!)

Good luck!

Well my diet book and recipe book arrived today so feeling a bit more inspired and can't wait to try some recipes!

Also, my headache has gone, hurrah! :)

Also, lost another lb, so 4lbs in 3 days.

Congratulations on your weight loss that's brill! And glad to hear the headache has gone :) enjoy Reading the book I couldn't put mine down when I got it xx

Back