Struggling!

floss

Hi everyone,

I moved to uni sunday, this week iv been really hungry and last night i ate like a whole huge box of cheerios! Im really losing my motivation, its possible to eat healthy here and everyone cooks their own normal food but i just feel so down that I cant have the same stuff, im really loving it and because of that im forgetting why I want to lose weight! I need some help, I dont know what to do! Im so close to binging again :(

Well you've done the right thing by coming on here and saying how you feel.

Hopefully someone on here that's at uni, or has been thats been in a similar situation to you will see this thread and give you some good advice.

Try not to crowd your mind too much, and just enjoy your time you have there. Its not easy doing two things once. Just eat sensible as best you can, and dont stress too much.
We are all here for you xx

Floss... I went to uni and like you I found the first year in halls to be a nightmare for weight loss. Far far too much alcohol was consumed and not enough exercise was done ( unless you count dancing ;) ) lol. slowly the weight crept on until I realised I didn't fit into most of my clothes. That's when I decided to change things!

Like you said, it IS possible to eat healthy. Just try and not let food take over your life. If you have a bad day then don't beat yourself up about it, just carry on as normal the next day.

Funnily enough, it's now that I'm finding it harder to keep the weight down.... More choice of food coz not living off student loan. Hahaha

No but seriously.... Just enjoy your years at uni and don't stress about food. Perhaps cook with some of the people you are living with?

Hey! I'm at uni at the moment and I am managing to keep my food healthy. Some tips:

- think about your goals. Do you want to lose weight? Do you need to? Will you fee healthier and happier? If yes, read on. If no - stop beating yourself up and enjoy uni!

- do a big shop once a week with plenty of healthy foods. Pick something tasty and healthy to make that night.

- prepare lots of big vats of healthy stuff in advance and have it for lunch and dinners. That way you won't be tempted by junk just for convenience.

- find some fun exercise: a sports club, uni gym, running with mates, dance team... If you work out, you'll have a more structured day and are less likely to binge.

- if you do binge, so what? Shrug it off and be healthy the next day. If you're good most days, it doesn't matter if you occasionally slip. It's life, not a competition!

- learn to cook and see it as a creative challenge :)

Hope this helps! X

Hi there,
In my 2nd year of uni, I lost 3 and a half stone, and oh my god did I feel good when I got rid of the lard haha basically, in my halls, there was a gym, and I went more or less daily, the cost was student prices too which was brill! (I was really committed Iol)

I bought in a big shop every week and stuck to a strict 1200 cals a day, I ate really well too, and felt a lot better for it than eating crappy pizza and chips! It's just processed crap, might taste good, but the way I thought of it is it makes you lethargic, gives you spots and adds another few lbs haha your not missing out on that! :)

When I went out, yeh I got drunk every now and again, but alcohol wise I felt I didn't want the empty calories, I would have vodka and diet coke, which is a good option and sometimes just have a diet coke, my friends didn't know the difference if i was having vokda or not and I still had a good time! :-D

I also walked a lot from campus to halls, and yes dancing! Your burning calories :-D I lost my weight in just under 4 months it fell off me, and I felt really good, so it's defiantly doable!

Frankie
X

Aww - some great advice from fellow Uni goers there - great support guys :gen126:

How many cals have you set yourself hun? The way I stop myself from binging is to set myself a reasonable amount of cals to begin with - I would rather lose slowly whilst enjoying myself than find myself binging because I'm basically starving! :rolleyes:

I like the TDEE advice the best - find your TDEE and subtract 15-20% to find your optimum cals per day :) That usually means a generous amount of cals for you youngsters ;) - none of this 1200 malarky! :eek:

Back