Struggling

Kizzycat

I've had a terrible week diet-wise and feeling sad and full of despair. I'm so scared that this is the beginning of the slippery slope to re-gaining my weight (I've lost 4 and a half stones since my heaviest). It started with cravings for cake and chocolate and escalated into huge binges day after day. There's something very self-destructive about what I'm doing because I'm not even really enjoying the food. Does anyone have any advice about how to get back on track when you've slipped up big time? My trouble is, if I put one step wrong, it's my excuse to eat everything that I've been depriving myself of. I can't resist that momentary pleasure even though I know it's going to make me feel terrible in the long run. :(

We all have these slips. Four and a half stone is amazing :) try to remember how far you have come. And if you do have a binge don't let it carry on to the next day. Just start again. Easier said than done.some times i know. But it'll be worth it when you get to your goal. Good luck.

We have all been there babe you can do it. Main thing try and keep busy. If your busy your not going to be eating as much :) I have found chewing gum and hard boiled candies are good. Ok the candies can be sugary but if you suck and not crunch them you got something in your mouth. You have already lost an amazing amount of weight so you know you can do it. Your hitting that level may of us go through when losing more where it is easy to lose focus. Try not to concentrate/think about the bad habits as it wont help you, its done all you can do is move forward and put it behind you. A slip is just that and you can do it.

Hi,

How are you feeling today? I think you are in a place that we all find ourselves and where I have found myself every time I have tried to diet. I lost 8 stone six years ago, and I still got to the stage where I had a slip, and the slip turned into an avalanche and now I find myself here with all that weight back on, plus about another stone. I can't offer any advice to you except the cliche of learning to make this a lifestyle change. That's what I am hoping to do this time around. I want to lose the weight at a steady pace, not focus on weighing, but making sure I keep within my calorie range and exercise when possible. It may take longer to get the weight off, but I think it could be true that the longer it takes the easier it is to keep it off. I think that's true because you are giving yourself the time to lose the diet mentality the one that looks forward to hitting goal so you can eat chocolate and take aways like before. By the time I get to goal this time I don't want to think of myself as being on a diet, I want to enjoy what I am eating and be used to it. I've never managed it before and I've been fat for most of my adult life. So fingers crossed I manage it this time.

Just put this last week down to a hiccup, don't use it as an excuse to give in. You can do this, you have done so well already, you just have to move forward. Good luck, I look forward to hearing that you are getting back on track :fingerscrossed:

Back