struggling

mia85

why is this so hard :-( it is taking over my life and making me so unhappy yet i dont have the strength to do anything about it :-( ..stressed.com

Me too. I'm realising how hard I find it when I have a day off work. I want to graze all day.

I have lots of things I can do to keep busy but the day is still punctuated by food. Bah!

Me too. I'm realising how hard I find it when I have a day off work. I want to graze all day.

I have lots of things I can do to keep busy but the day is still punctuated by food. Bah!

Hi Maggie

You really need to keep yourself busy when at home. I was in the "day off" habit of flaking out in front of the TV or reading, having a million cups of tea accompanied by biscuits, followed by something savoury, again and again and again. I knew I had to try very hard to snap out of that cycle, but I managed in the end. With losing more and more weight, I felt more active and started to find alternatives to my "chain brewing and munching". I've got two dogs and they love it, as our walks have gotten so much longer :) Another thing I've changed is that I have banned myself from bringing any food or drinks into my bedroom (my favourite TV watching space), apart from a bottle of water.
On the flip side, you have to consider if your current diet is the right one for you? You should feel neither deprived nor obsessed with food. Yes, being on a diet I think more about what I eat and plan my meals, but it should not take over your life.
Hope you find a way of dealing with them issues xx

On days off from work I either plan things to do away from home that keep me busy or if I'm not doing anything I go to the gym as soon as I get up. That way even if I just laze around when I get home I don't want to eat unhealthily and spoil all the effort put into exercising!

Hey thanks Hexe and VintageH! I find it hard to relax without food, and TBH it has been a while since I dieted so I am used to thinking about food a lot. At the moment I am trying to finish my dissertation so spending lots of time sitting on my backside in front of a computer.

Good idea to do exercise first - thanks VH.
Hexe - "chain brewing and munching" describes it exactly! It's odd - I actually like it when I'm not eating but once a start I can't stop. I know this is an unhealthy relationship with food.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, both of you.

Back