Extra Easy STS Weight when pregnant

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hiya I've just got a very quick question and wondered if anyone knew the answer from experience.

In your 2nd Trimester is it ok to have a few STS weeks with your weight? It's just that it says you should gain a pound a week and I've had some STS and it worried ne a little.

Thanks x x

I wouldn't worry too much if it's only occasionally. I certainly didn't put on llb a week when I was pregnant and I wasn't doing Slimming World - didn't need to then as I was actually underweight when I got pregnant and only put on just over a stone throughout the whole pregnancy.

Denise

If you're eating healthily and heartily (SW way) they I wouldn't worry about the actual weight. It's really hard to judge how much of your weight is baby related and what is fat. So my advice is not to focus too much on the weight but on the quality of food you're eating.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant now and 15lbs up which I know is also due to the fact that I'd been eating badly. I was bloated and puffy and didn't feel great. So a few days ago I recommitted to SW 100% and I already feel tons better! My face is less puffy and I just feel less sluggish/cumbersome. If I stay the same until I have the baby I'd be happy. I just really wanted to eat good nutritious food not junk, why add unecessary bulk and compromise nutrients to me and my baby when I could be eating great quality food that tastes amazing?! Being sick at the beginning and working all hours didn't help but I'm on maternity leave now and have the time to prepare nice food which I prefer anyway. I don't know why I bothered with the junk in the first place lol. Good luck!

i wouldnt worry too much as if you are following a plan where you could lose 1-2lbs a week and the baby means you put on a lb it might be a good week where you have lost 2 lb of fat and put on 1lb of baby (and hence lost a lb whilst pregnant).

am hoping that makes sense whilst reading as does in my head!! haha

at least you are doing the right thing whilst pregnant... wish i had. i had always followed it loosely and when i found out i was pregnant (5 weeks) i had just come back from 2 weeks on holiday and was 7lbs above target (from the holiday eating and drinking - until i did a test halfway through and didnt drink the rest of the holiday)!

by 10 weeks i had a bump, but was still healthy eating.... but by 20 weeks when i found out i was having a girl it was like someone told me having a girl meant you could have cake and chocolate and all things sweet.

i put on 3 and 1/2 stone, less that 7lbs was baby .... 1 stone was fluids... and 2 stone was the cake!!

its took me 18 months and i am now 1/2 pound off target. i didnt even diet until 5 months, then did weight watchers (as you get an extra 10 points for breastfeeding and 5 extra for weaning). Then turned to slimming world to shift the last stone...

:)

this is a nifty little weight gain calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Tracker | Tools | BabyCenter

you can find various others online if you google.

I think it all depends on how much you weigh before getting pregnant too. If you are overweight then you don't want to gain too much because of health complications, but if you are under weight or at goal weight then you need to make sure you are getting enough nutrients to your baby.

I don't know if you get weighed at your midwife appointments where you go? But they weigh you at every appointment here to keep any eye on things. So would voice any concerns they have.

You can always mention it to your midwife or consultant if you are concerned. But I am sure you are doing fine.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm gonna take the advice and see how it goes.

As for weigh in's with the MD, my height always confuses them. My bmi was 25 which makes me the higher e.d of weight but at 5ft 9" I carry the weight more evenly.

I'll just keep doing SW cos I know its safe and healthy x

Back