Stuck in tunisia

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
My cousin who is very dear to me is stuck out in Tunisia. She has been crying the whole time!
It was a really expensive 5* holiday cos they can't have children been trying for about 8 years and had many attempts at ivf! So they treate themselves!
But they have been stuck in and they don't know when they can get home now as the air space is closed!

I am so so worried. X

Oh noo.
Are they having to pay for the hotel and all?
Id be the same.

Oh dear, what's going on in tunisia?!

Hopefully whatever it is shouldn't last long and they'll be able to come home soon.

Mt Etna erupted again the other day.. is that the cause? another ash cloud..?

They're protesting about widespread corruption in the government and high food prices...

ah, can you tell I got an E in geography in school? :)
don't know why I thought tunisia was in italy.. but after googling where it is, it's not that far so I might have been right by accident.. :)

The president recently announced that he would be stepping down later on in the year, and protests started then. But today he sacked his entire cabinet and parliament, so protests have turned into riots and violence on the streets. Apparently it's been declared a state of emergency, or something like that. I only know because I had a random news alert pop up on my phone earlier- who knew I had that app?!

ColJack said:
ah, can you tell I got an E in geography in school? :)
don't know why I thought tunisia was in italy.. but after googling where it is, it's not that far so I might have been right by accident.. :)

Perhaps you were thinking of Tuscany?!?

Has she contacted the British Embassy out there? That would be the first thing she needs to do. They will be of most use in arranging how to get citizens to safety.

Try not to worry, hard as that is, I am sure that she will take every precaution to keep her and her OH safe.

Hi there
she's home yey! Had to be flown to Manchester airport but she's back! So pleased. She said they had shut the hotel and they weren't allowed out and people were throwing fire and police were shooting guns and stuff! Very scary! X

I suppose it is the risk we take when we go abroad for holidays. Many places are beautiful and wonderful holiday destinations, but they are in unstable parts of the world.

Really pleased that your family is back safe and sound.

I suppose it is the risk we take when we go abroad for holidays. Many places are beautiful and wonderful holiday destinations, but they are in unstable parts of the world.

I agree but I suspect that's how many tourists felt when they were in London during the student protests in November, A friend of mine had gone down to London to visit friends and was terrified when it all kicked off.

I noticed the other week some demo's etc were going on in Rome and I thought it's typical just as we have booked a holiday there for June - don't really do crowds at the best of times let alone being in the midst of unhappy people.

Really glad your family is back home safely though that must be a huge relief for you

x

Back