Stuck!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Angel, 16 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Angel

Angel Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone - I'm getin a bit stuck on wot to cook for a change, anyone got any ideas/recipes for sumthin nice and tasty, baring in mind I prefer original days to green days - many thanks in advance :)

Love, Angel xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    (Not My Recipe!)

I love quiche, it is the thing I miss most on a diet so here is my low sin or even sin free recipe (sins for anyone on the slimming world plan)

It contains cheese so if you have your cheese as a healthy a choice on a red day it is completely sin free.

Pre heat oven to gas mark 6.

Serves 4

6 eggs
    1 medium onion
    6 medium sized mushrooms
    1 can corned beef
    28g cheddar or 42 grams half fat cheddar.
    1 tomato
    Water

Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl or jug.

Finely dice the mushrooms and onion and mix into egg.

Remove fat from corned beef (not always needed but sometimes you get a lot around the outside of it.
    Mash corned beef and mix into egg mixture.

Grate the cheese and add this to the other ingredients.

If it is too stiff add a little water, it should be a thick consistancy but pourable.

Pour mixture into an over proof dish.

Thinly slice tomato and arrange on top of mixture, if you want to use a little more cheese sprinkle on top.

Bake in oven gas mark 6 for around 45 minutes test to see if it is set by stabbing it with a thin bladed knife or skewer, it should come out wet but with no sloppy egg looking goo on it. Also the mixture should not wobble too much as you move the dish.

When it is at this stage turn up the heat to full for 10 minutes this will give you a skin around the bottom which will be your "pastry". This is not compulsory but I like it this way.

Remove it from the oven and leave to stand for a few minutes before serving. This allows the "quiche" to lift away from the sides of the dish slightly making it easier to serve.

I served this with New potatoes and a salad.

Hope someone enjoys this.

Mini likes this.
  4. trinakmh

trinakmh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Yummie Ice.....sounds lovely cant wait to try it :)
    Thanks for sharing

5. akeli_uk

akeli_uk akeli_uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet & Slimming World
    Have u had a look on the Slimming World Website hun,

Its great for ideas also if you do a search on the net for slimming world its good.

i love the quiche made with low fat cottage cheese! - its yummy and free!

Also the new magazine is out!!

x

6. Angel

Angel Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    mmm thanks Icemoose, I love quiche too - I will try out ur recipe and report back ;) :)

Akeli - can u log onto the SW site if ur not a member?

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya Angel

What about spaghetti bolognaise or chilli corne carne I also used to like the corned beef quiche but that is not free now

Good Luck

8. Angel

Angel Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Gud evening Bethany - glad ur birthday went well, did u have a nice day? I spose I cud try and make bolognese with quorn mince, it's just a bit tasteless, but it's free, I'm tryin to use as many free foods as possible - me hubbys faves tho bolognese and chilli, so I no he'll like them lol

9. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Angel, bolognese with quorn can be just as nice you just have to try different variations of herbs and spices and you can make your own sauce with chopped tomatoes or passata and loads of onions yummm, or buy low syn sauces, i used to make it all the time on SW it's what kpt me going.

10. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya Angel I did have a nice day thank you

When I did sw I used to do a chilli corne carne with quorn I used to put quorn mince peppers tinned tomatoes mushrooms red kidney beans and jar low chilli sauce and then used to have it with rice or jacket potatoes
    Bethany

11. yamyam

yamyam Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    For picky bits on a SW red day I make chicken tikka bites.

Just get some cubed chicken breast and add a squeeze of lemon juice. The buy some ready mixed tikka spices (in a big tub from Asda) and mix a couple of tablespoons with about 100g of free yogurt. When marinaded just cook on a baking tray in the oven.

I make some onion & coriander salad by finely chopping an onion, finely chopped cucumber and red pepper for colour, then add a load of fresh chopped coriander.

I also make some yogurty minty dip by getting vlf yogurt and mixing a couple of spoonfulls of mint sauce in.

I assemble it like this.

Get a load of gem lettuce leaves and put a couple of spoons of onion salad in each leaf. Add a couple of chicken tikka pieces, then drizzle with the yogurty minty dip.

Absolutely gorgeous!

12. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    Barry Groves/Eat Fat Get Thin
    Mmm that quiche sounds gorgeous, i'm going to give that a try tomorrow on my red day!

13. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    does anyone have the recipe for the cottage cheese quiche?

14. akeli_uk

akeli_uk akeli_uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet & Slimming World
    hey greendayjen

I posted sum recepies on here the other day with lots of green day ideas!

hope that helps

x

15. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hiya. i think you mentioned the cottage cheese quiche? do you have the recipe? thanks:)

16. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    Hiya,
    I think the cottage cheese is as above but subsitute the cheese for a carton of low fat cottage cheese. I used to blend mine to make it smooth. All down to taste though :)

Kitty xxx

17. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks kitty. i remember it vaguely from doing sw years ago. i think this one's been kicking around for a long time!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.