Student Midwife shedding the lbs

Well done that's awesome! Xx

Yaay congrats on your loss you are off to a great start

Thanks Everyone for the tips and warm welcome! Was so easy to follow once I planned things out and got my head around syns etc. I have been on long days (12.5hr shifts!) on the delivery suite so I have been super organised and it seems to be paying off! Onwards and downwards! Hope you are all well too

Hi Josie, Well done on your weight loss so far!
I'm another midwife, and agree with the others. Plan your shifts, plan your syns and dont let yourself be tempted by the sweets, chocolates, crisps, cakes, savouries, toast... the list is endless as the supply!!. The simple key is that if you dont have one you wont have any (even if you think about it 50 times). I take my own sweets or scan bran cakes then i feel like ive got something nice to have. Don't get me wrong, there are far too many times where I give into temptation so the next big thing is a food diary or syn log. As a health professional you'll be familiar with the saying "If it's not written down, it didn't happen" Log everything, syn everything, plan everything. Eventually it will all settle into a nice pattern of not needing to think too hard about food.

I managed to lose just shy of 5 stone but had a (pretty big) wobble over the past 18 months and am now working my way back there.

Good luck xx

Hey everyone, 5.5lbs off today so that is 10lbs in two weeks! Got slimmer of the week and my half stone award too. Very very happy :) Well done everyone else on the loses. Here is to a great week.

hello, just been reading through your diary.. I'm not on Slimming World but I just subscribed to your thread.. well done on your loss :) 5.5lbs is brilliant! Xx

Thanks LinzLinz, I was absolutely chuffed. I am happy to be losing weight but still eating regular healthy food! What plan are you following?

So my third weigh in is tomorrow folks. Have really taken to SW and I have been enjoying cooking and eating again. And you have all been right, organisation is and has been key, even when at uni! I plan so that I always have fruit and a mullerlight with me, that way if I am out and peckish there is no need to get tempted by whats in the shops!!! With it being the festive season, we had a family function across the weekend and it was a real challenge. Not because of temptation but rather because I didnt know how everything was cooked and could only guestimate ingredients and syns. My family originate from Ghana in West Africa and a lot of the food is not only deliciously flavoursome but also cooked in gallons of oil! o_O I steered clear of the obvious things (cakes, creamy coleslaws and salads dripping in mayo!) and opted for fish, rice without sauces and fruit for afters. Just really nervous as I have tried so hard to be diligent and stay on plan. As I didnt know the full syn values I have counted each days syns as maximum. Fingers crossed for me for WI tomorrow xxx

Good luck on your wi tomorrow.. Dont be too nervous, ive had weeks where ive totally went of track on a day and still saw a good loss cause i kept up my fitness and everything the rest of the time. Sometimes your body can really benefit from the jolt, help keep your metabolism on its toes lol

0.5lb on this week and very very disappointed and upset. Have been on plan and been trying really hard. Even had sit at dinner with friends yesterday and see them eat bbq ribs and chips while i had a skinless, fatless chicken breast, jacket potato with no butter and salad and they thought I was crazy eating what I was! But I am also pre menstrual so hoping that is it! :'(
Still gonna keep trying just a little sad x

Dont worry you will get past this disappointment and like you say pms and can play all sorts of tricks on yoir bady.. Last week my clothes felt tights for a few days and felt like i weighed a million lbs.. A few days later i was finw and showed a loss so dont loose hope. Youre getting there

Thank you ladies! Was just a bit of an anticlimax as I had seemed to really be getting on with it. But never mind, I am sticking with it. Thank you so very much for all the support. How are you ladies doing xx

So after being premenstrual and putting on half a pound last week and being very upset about it having been on plan, I have stuck to plan this week and tried to focus on the fact that this DOES work! One of the midwives I worked with a few months ago saw me on saturday and asked if I had lost weight as she could see it in my face and body (already!!!) So fingers crossed for a good loss later on today (Tuesday). I am weighing in in the morning which I don't usually do but am catching up with old friends later on! Will be interesting to see how this affects my loss if at all. I am suprisingly not nervous about christmas. I have just been really focused on the fact that I really need and want to lose weight so the temptation hasn't realy been working on me! But I am out for my bstfriends birthday dinner on Friday and it's mexican. I have checked the restuarants menu and planning on having a salad with a side order of rice! Anyhoo ladies, I shall update later on. Hope you are all well and having or (will have) a lovely Christmas break.
Much love
Josie :bighug:

Hey my lovelys,
So another week down and 2lbs off. So thats a grand total of 11.5lbs off in four weeks. I couldn't help but be a little bit disappointed as I was on plan last week (&premenstrual!) and put on 0.5lb! I was hoping for a bigger loss and really wanted to get my stone award before xmas. Well nevermind, its onwards and downwards that counts! So another 2.5lbs to get my 1st. Here's to a merry Christmas for everyone xx

Hi Josie,

I just joined this forum and came across your thread. It was the word Newbie which drew me in. I was a bit surprised not to find a newbie only section within the forum for people to get started on.

Anyhoo, it sounds as though you've done brilliantly over the last few weeks and by the way you're describing it, you're doing wonders at sticking to the plan.

I started Slimming World a week ago and have lost 3lbs as of this morning's weigh-in. I'm most definietely not depriving myself of anything and like you, am enjoying the cooking and trying of new dishes. Are you having your daily allowance of Syns though? I'm not sure I could go for a Mexican and only have salad and rice.

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy your night out and have a great festive.

Kev X

Back