Students!

Yay i'm so happy there are other people in the same boat.
When i'm trying to focus and not feel so bad/jealous about others on my course being able to eat whatever they want/binge drink etc i just think well maybe when they hit 30 their metabolism will change and they won't have learnt the healthy eating secrets that we all have :)

You have to wonder what they do eat during the day when they're on their own though. I once worked with a girl who said she ate nothing all day then at tea time have a burger or something and then go on the booze! It will catch up with them eventually :giggle:

I'm working full time as a mental health nurse at the moment BUUUUT i'm about to go back to uni in January to train be a general adult nurse, so i'm joining you lot here :) Need to get all the support we can - i've been a student for a large part of my adult life, i'm just glad that pasta is so cheap :) x

I'm studying M255 and M253 this year towards a BSc (hons) Computing. How about you?

Ooo, that sounds hard! :eek: I'm doing a Masters in Education, with my current module being Researching Mathematics Learning...I'm a bit out of my scientific comfort zone at the moment, lol! xx

I'm at uni - missing the life though as I'm on a year long placement so I have work every day and uni work to juggle.

Im a third year student and it is hard, my problem is how much we go out. We are either out at nights or its trips to the cinema or going for lunch and coffee. I take my own snacks or watch what im eating but i always feel like im the odd one out when everyone is tucking into cakes and im munching on a banana.

Lets just hope that after christmas i will be nice and skinny and then i will know its been worth it.

:O Where are you doing it, if you don't mind me asking? The only other post-16 trainees I've come across have been on my course, we are a very small population!!

I'm at Leeds Trinity University College!

I've just started a degree in Medicine as a (very) mature student. Loving it and loving that I feel marginally less out of place being a lot slimmer than I was before.

My biggest issue is lunch times - there isn't a microwave available in the med school (I've asked for one to be put in the student common room but I'm not holding my breath!) and I like to have my bread at breakfast for toast. Still - I'll keep at it and hopefully I'll be at target very soon.

Vicky
xx

Back