Studies & info

TinaLouise

I started this thread as a place to "house" interesting info that we find, that may be of interest to fellow minis.

"The researchers said that the capacity of piperine [from black pepper] to stop fat cell differentiation may make it a useful intervention in obesity related diseases.
This research is not the first to focus on piperine. A 2010 study on mice given a diet containing one per cent black pepper had significant declines in body weight and fat around their organs. An Australian study from the journal Cell Biochemstry and Biophysics published in 2011, found that piperine lowered blood pressure, improved glucose tolerance, reduced inflammation, and improved liver function in mice fed a high carbohydrate diet. In another 2011 study published in Molecular Nutrition and Food Research piperine was found to increase the bioavailability of the antioxidant compound resveratrol (from red grapes) by 229 per cent."
Source: http://www.wellbeing.com.au/newsdetail/Pepper-spices-fat-loss_000658

This is great. Thanks. I'll be adding an extra pinch of black pepper in my food. :)

The problem lies not in the information available, but in the hands of chemical producers, conventional medicine, pharmaceutical companies etc. It doesn't suit them to have a healthy population, as they make less profit.

Difficulties also lie in attempting to 'awaken' the brainwashed, fat-fearing, refined carb-addicted sheeple.

Very true there TL. It's disturbing just what is made available to us by the governing bodies. I've read of successful cures for cancer being held back because it's too cheap too sell for a profit... I'm trying to educate people I know who are all brainwashed about how fat is their enemy. I'm finding it hard. But the results will speak for itself.

Back