Stuffed Mushroom Idea's?

vicky1804

Hi all
Im a Mushroom fanatic and for some reason have just discovered the joys of stuffing this wonderful veg.
Im drawing a blank so wondered if any could give me some suggestions what to put in them?
So far iv had philly cheese with various veg and also had them for breakfast with poached eggs.
Thank in advance

Thanks, Never though to check that site durr, found another recipe on there I have to try.Sticky Spiced Mushroom Skewers mmmmm

Not exactly stuffed but yesterday I had mushroom omelette for breakfast, think this recipe might be in the magazine, but you make a really thin omelette with lots of chives and separately make a creamy mushroom sauce (chopped mushrooms sweat gently in fry light, until soft, take off heat and stir in quark or fromage frais, season,) then serve the thin omelette with a dollop of mushroom mixture on top so its like a pancake, either just flat or folded over. Can add melted Hex A cheese if you like! Delicious.

I mix half a tub of cottage cheese with an egg, add a teaspoon of garlic granules, salt & pepper. Mix well.
Clean and remove mushroom stalks then spoon some mixture into each mushroom and bake in oven for 15-20mins.

Perfect garlic mushrooms, I took them to class after experimenting whether they'd work and they were loved by everyone!

There's a Madhur Jaffrey recipe I adapt and use for a starter when I have an Indian night...

STUFFED MUSHROOMS

INGREDIENTS

1-inch cube fresh ginger
1 medium egg
10 ounces ground skinless boneless chicken (2-3 breast fillets)

Fresh chives or spring onion, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Curry powder or spice blend of your choice (1-2 tablespoons)
Small handful of coriander leaves

Chop all choppable ingredients and blitz in a food processor. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge.

In the meantime, get your musrooms, remove the stems and fry, stem side down in a pan.

Turn shrooms right way up, stuff with mixture (don't overstuff) and bake in the oven for about half an hour or until the mixture is cooked through.

Makes about 4-6 large stuffed portabellos. Make these into a main course by adding SW chips, rice, salad. :D

Portabello-1Small.jpg

Portabello-2Small.jpg

Portabello-3Small.jpg

Pete’s Greek Cheese on a Portobello Mushroom

Serves 2
Ingredients
4 Portobello Mushrooms, skinned (s)(sff)
1 Garlic bulb (s)(sff)
100g Greek Salad Cheese 9 syns/2=4.5 syns each
Fresh or dried chives

Method

Cut the top off a garlic bulb, spray with Fry Light and place in an oven-proof dish, cook for 20 mins at 180c. Remove and separate the garlic cloves.
On a wooden cutting board crush the cloves with a large knife used sideways, add salt, chives, spray with Fry Light and chop into a paste.
Spray two oven-proof dishes sprayed with Fry Light, add the skinned and de-cored mushrooms and a ¼ of the paste to each one, add the Greek cheese, crumbled and a second layer of chives, spray again and cook for 20 mins at 180c. When the cheese has browned, removed and serve on a bed of salad.
Portabello-4Small.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of stuffed mushrooms, this is a SW recipe that satisfies my cravings!

1 1/2 syns per serving on all plans: (or use cheese as part of HEx)

serves 4 (2 mushrooms each)

8 portobello mushrooms
4 spring onions
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
200g fat free cottage cheese with chives - you can use quark instead as well.
1tbsp fine lemon zest (optional)
1tbsp chopped chives
2tbsp chopped parsley
4tbsp grated parmesan

Stir fry chopped spring onions, mushroom stalk and 1 garlic bulb for 6-8 mins.

Season and mix with cottage cheese, rest of the garlic, herbs and lemon zest if using.

Stuff mushrooms with the mix, sprinkle with the cheese. Grill on medium-high for 6-8 mins.

I cook some couscous in vegie stock and add some cooked veggies.... I normally add, red onion, white or spring onion, red pepper, orange pepper, chilli, garlic. Then mix them both together and pile on top of ur mushrooms & add ur hex of cheese if u wish and bake on a gas MK 4 till done :D Got the recipe off my fab mate donna and i can honestly say i love em

I mix half a tub of cottage cheese with an egg, add a teaspoon of garlic granules, salt & pepper. Mix well.
Clean and remove mushroom stalks then spoon some mixture into each mushroom and bake in oven for 15-20mins.

Perfect garlic mushrooms, I took them to class after experimenting whether they'd work and they were loved by everyone!

Just had this for lunch, thank you very much they were absolutely gorgeous!

i mix philadelphia extra light cheese, spring onion, garlic and cooked chopped bacon, mix al the ingredients together and split between the mushrooms bake in the over till cooked to your liking, i serve them with a mixed salad. xx

I'm loving the garlic mushroom idea =]
I may just take them into group tomorrow as we're celebrating our target members =] x x x

Back