Stuffed peppers with Mixed beans
Free on green
Generously serves 2 people
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- Mixed colour peppers (chopped)
- Herbs (I used fresh thyme & parsley-chopped)
- 1 tin morrisons mixed beans in tomato sauce
- 2 large bell peppers (any colour)
- Salt & pepper
Fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers & herbs in a frying pan/wok with fry light until tender. I tend to add the pepper later to keep it’s colour. Season to taste
Meanwhile cut out the top of the peppers you are going to stuff & deseed. Put upside down on a plate & microwave for 3 mins or until they are softish.
Once the vegtables are cooked add the tin of mixed beans & cooked until heated through.
Take the peppers out of the microwave & stuff with the bean mixture & serve with rice & veg (I had salad )
I often have this with half of my hexa cheese grated ontop mmmm nom.