stupid,stupid Paul McKenna

Argh! Someone please give me some reassurance, Anyone doing Paul McKenna????

It's day three, i've eaten well over 2000 calories and I'm still hungry. There is no way that this is going to lead to weight loss, it's going against EVERYTHING I know about losing weight. I feel incredibly out of control of this, and control is something I'm big on. Seriously, how can eating whatever you want work? Is this just a massive con?

All of my instincts are telling me to stop this nonsense and go back to 1400 calories a day. Is anyone else having success? Please tell me you are!! :17729::banghead:

I did this a while ago and I DID have success when I stuck with it to the letter. I think you need to stop counting calories completely and focus on whether you are really hungry. Do the eating slowly and putting down your fork in between each mouthful and focus on when you start to feel full.

I'm doing slimming world now, and again, have success when I stick exactly to the rules.

I am currently following this plan and have lost 7lb and 4 inches off my boobs and waist since the beginning of the month.

It does work providing you follow the 4 golden rules, however I found it difficult at first to get out of the other dieting routines. You need to throw everything you have learnt before now out of the window - it does not work!

Eat when you are hungry, eat what you want. Don't count calories!

I used to go into McDonalds and have a large meal and it not touch the sides, I would have finished before anyone else had barely started. Now I have a happy meal and struggle to finish it!

thanks guys! I do feel as if i've turned a bit of a corner now, turns out I was noticing I was hungry and then not eating because I was "busy". So, took various pocket sized treats to work on friday and it really made a massive difference to how much I ate during the day. Funny how I could be so obviously disobeying a golden rule and not noticing it! (Just shows how engrained dieting is in you!) I have also noticed today that I feel really confident and attractive, which is a first!

Good to see you getting on so well and sounding so very positive.

I'm giving this one a go at the moment - lost 5lbs in my first 2 weeks.
I've come off path a little at the moment, would love some company on this diet if anyone is up for it.
I know where I went wrong - I stopped listening to the cd!
Going to start again today.....wish me luck!!

I GAINED A POUND. NEVER in my years of dieting have I GAINED weight at the first weigh in. Paul McKenna can shove his system up his never been overweight jacksy. It's back to 800 cals a day for me. What a waste of a fortnight.

Paul McKenna Weight Loss

Hello Everyone. I did the Paul McKenna thing a while back and it kind of worked but I really struggled with it contradicting dieting rules eg Eat whatever you want. I was doing slimming world about a month ago but stopped over Easter and have put everything back on :cry:
My biggest fear is getting to my goal, stopping the wretched diet and then putting it all back on. I think I would rather stay fat than go through that - it would literally be the end of me. I am thinking of going back to the Paul McKenna thing and plan to read the book again and listen to the CD on my iPod but I know that in a few days my motivation will wane so if anyone else fancies doing it and having a bit of company - let me know :eek:

Hi Star,

I am doing a little bit of everything your could say; CCing, WW and just healthy eating and exercise. I agree the hardest thing is getting to goal and knowing you can maintain.

We are all on the same mission, lets do it together?!!

Bren
X

Back