Subway - how many variants are ok

Bossman1959

I do like Subway but restrict myself to a 'home made' version rather than one of their standard offerings. My personal sub is always the same and consists:

6 inch wheat sub
Steak (without Cheese), Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato & loads of Jalapeño peppers!

I love this but would love to hear any other good options from SW. I believe the above is 6 syns according to the SW website.

Tggggggggg

Hhhhh

Bossman

I'd add cheese to that as a HEA to be honest.

I don't make subs but do similar ones in the ww petite pain, one of my favourites is BBQ chicken, make the diet coke sauce but reduce it so its a proper dipping sauce and add chicken and whatever veg you want (and cheese) jalepeno's go well with this as well, or even tuna with cheese and whatever salad.

with steak I usually have mushrooms, onions and toms (and the bbq chicken actually) will have to try it with your salad instead sounds nice :)

I'd add cheese to that as a HEA to be honest.

I don't make subs but do similar ones in the ww petite pain, one of my favourites is BBQ chicken, make the diet coke sauce but reduce it so its a proper dipping sauce and add chicken and whatever veg you want (and cheese) jalepeno's go well with this as well, or even tuna with cheese and whatever salad.

with steak I usually have mushrooms, onions and toms (and the bbq chicken actually) will have to try it with your salad instead sounds nice :)

To be honest they put rather a lot of cheese for a HEA. It's juicy already so I am happy.

Bossman

Ahhh sorry, I misread your first post and thought you meant you made it at home. Doesn't sound bad for 6 syns if it is. I've not done subway since starting slimming world but would like to try the chicken teriake salad (a few syns for the sauce) but don't know if I'd be happy with just the salad, surely I'd need the bread as well... which is what puts me off going to be honest

I am not convinced it is 6 syns sorry as your standard sub (white or wheat) is 9 syns apparently. The steak and cheese sub is 17 syns iirr plus extra if you are adding any sauces. Not sure how much you could take off if not using the cheese though

Probably easier to stick to one of the known subs - chicken, turkey and ham are free on EE and red so 9 syns for the bread or get a salad instead. There is a good feature about Subway syns on the SW website if you do a search :)

I am not convinced it is 6 syns sorry as your standard sub (white or wheat) is 9 syns apparently. The steak and cheese sub is 17 syns iirr plus extra if you are adding any sauces. Not sure how much you could take off if not using the cheese though

Probably easier to stick to one of the known subs - chicken, turkey and ham are free on EE and red so 9 syns for the bread or get a salad instead. There is a good feature about Subway syns on the SW website if you do a search :)

Apologies, you are right about the 9 Syns but steak without Cheese is still 9 and that's what I have. All the others are salad items and I don't have sauces. Thanks for the mention of the SW site and that's where I am getting info from. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for other healthy subs.

Bossman

I would use the dunnes better for you bread here in Ireland but the ww thick wholemeal can be syn or have it as b extra.
When I am out I would buy a nice packet of cooked meat - Ham, Chicken with spices, Chicken or beef and eat a few slices of this.
I find that protien foods fill me and help burn off the fat. I would normally have some fruit after this.

Does anyone know what sort of syns would be in a 6 inch turkey sub on wheat? With or without cheese? Obviously couldn't have any mayo....

Liz
xx

From what I call a 6 inch what roll is 9 syns and the turkey is free, so with cheese it would be 9, then all salad superfree apart from olives (0.5 syns) Serving of sweet onion sauce is only 2 syns if you wanted something instead of mayo :)

Ahhh sorry, I misread your first post and thought you meant you made it at home. Doesn't sound bad for 6 syns if it is. I've not done subway since starting slimming world but would like to try the chicken teriake salad (a few syns for the sauce) but don't know if I'd be happy with just the salad, surely I'd need the bread as well... which is what puts me off going to be honest

The sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad is beaut! I love it, 5 syns, well 3 for the salad (the chicken is in a marinade) and 2 syns for the sweet onion sauce. It's what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

The sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad is beaut! I love it, 5 syns, well 3 for the salad (the chicken is in a marinade) and 2 syns for the sweet onion sauce. It's what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

It does sound really nice, def what I'll have if anyone takes me to subway.. which to be fair probably won't happen for a while

Back