Subway

lemma1968

Silver Member
I decided to have a change today and have a subway for my lunch.

I chose a 6" chicken teriyaki on wheat with tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and gherkin.

Now as far as the points vales are concerned. I can get that from their website but do the points include the cheese that they automatically put on at stage 2 after the meat? Cos I stopped him adding the cheese square. Will it make a difference to the points?

Thanks x

The values on the site and the points are for the sandwich the way it should be made up

So presumably that is with the cheese square then? Sorry if i am sounding thick.

Okey dokey - so the website says its 5.5 for my sub but that includes the cheese. I think I shall just put 5.5 down to be cautious. Although it was interesting to see that the chicken was already portioned out so there is no guessing there with them.

Thanks x

no cheese is an extra. the points they give you are for the bun and the filling.. salad and cheese are extras x

On the website it says that the cals are for the way that subway have made it up, therefore where it gives you a description and says about adding peppers and cucumber etc to it, that's the cals and sat fat content, like Rach has said the cheese and sauces are extra's probably be about 2 points for them i reckon

Sorry I was thinking of the only ones I have which have cheese lol

how many do you count it as with cheese please? ive got use to saying no cheese now, but it just doesnt have the same effect when you get the sub toasted and there is no melted cheese :( lol i had a nibble of the OH's veggie one the other day and omgggg it tastes like a chinese spring roll to me!! YUMMM and for what 3 points? and then 6 points for foot long!!! WOW just annoyed that like every other food place they have upped the prices now :( typical!!

Theres one I have which is steak and cheese i think and I count it as the points in the book as the cheese is part of it and not an 'extra' I never have any extras with mine, I have the fillings as they are. so if I have cheese its because its in the name of the sub, not as an extra - if you follow

ah right yeh i get what you mean! good way to do it tbh, the steak and cheese is only 6 or 7 points? i think lol really good for what you get tbh can't wait to try and peri peri one now :D

Hmnmmmmmm peri peri chicken with gherkin for brunch - bargain 4 points! :D

I didn't like the peri peri one! :( ... the new chicken temptation looks amazing... but for 7 points?! i really dunno if to try it lol! :) stick to my turkey i think :D ohhh btw didn't realise the veggie patty one was like 7 points also?!?! that's insane! :( ... does have cheese on it though.. so hmm if you take off the cheese you think it will be about 5 points?? ..

EDIT:

just found this for the cheese;

American; 169cals 0.4 sat fat - 3points
monterey cheddar; 230cals 0 sat fat - 3 points

so does that mean for the veggie patty one, it's 7 points as subway count the values with cheese, so if you don't have cheese it's only 4 points?!?!? .. just want to make sure i've got it right before i go and get one! :D haha :)

For most of them, they DON'T count the cheese unfortunately. If you look up the nutritional values of the sandwiches on the website you will see that it says, doesn't include cheese, sauces etc... :(

For most of them, they DON'T count the cheese unfortunately. If you look up the nutritional values of the sandwiches on the website you will see that it says, doesn't include cheese, sauces etc... :(

yeah i know that but the veggie patty one it actually DOES include the cheese lol :)

SUBWAY - Eat Fresh | Menu | Classic subs | Veggie Patty

See;

"
NUTRITIONAL INFO

6" Sub values include wheat bread, cheese, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and onions."

lol

spicy italian, italian B.M.T, meatball marinara, tuna, steak and cheese (obv), chicken and bacon ranch, subway melt, ...

these on the website values include cheese... so does that mean take off 3 or 2 points to the total in you have without cheese? lol it's confusing!

if it's the case though The subway melt would only be 3 or 4 points too and you get bacon :)

Last edited:
If its one where cheese is part of the ingredients I believe thats different, I think the 'doesnt include' is if you take the basics, as its served and add cheese etc... if you follow

The veggie patty one, as served (so including cheese) IS 7.5

Yeah i get that thankyou! Starlight if it was you doing it and having veggie patty, but didn't have the cheese would you take off 3 points? (because that's what subway have down for their cheese?) or should i take off something like 2 to be on the safe side? thanks :)

I'm really liking the sound of all the "classic" subs now, i stayed away because of the points, but didn't realise it's because virtually all of them include the cheese! ... so if i take the cheese off, the "classic" subs are actually only a lil bit more points worth than those of a "low fat" value sub! :D

Was just wondering does anyone know the prices of subways please?

I fancy either a turkey/ham or just turkey one tomorrow but unsure on prices etc lol like to know these things i'm hopeless! :D thank you! :)

Back