Succesful losers - what clicked??

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
I was just thinking lots of people try loads of diets without much success and then something changes - they just seem to get in the right mindset and lose weight easily and enjoy it - even if they do a diet they failed on previously, is there a secret or is it something unexplainable

Last edited:
Reactions: KD
twice now i have been successful on a diet. I can't say what it is - its something inside that clicks and suddenly you have so much willpower and determination. I don't know what makes it happen cos trust me i have been on many diets and this is a rare occurrence!

I think I had just got to a point this time where I couldn't stand it any longer....and failing this diet didn't feel like an option.

My last chance diet...fat forever, or a chance of slimdom. I promised myself that if I couldn't do this one, I'd never diet again...just accept the fact that I was doomed forever ;)

But I didn't want to be doomed forever, and I knew that I could no longer 'work' the other diets, so I guess I had limited my options :D

Yep I am totally with KD on this one, it was kind of sh*t or bust, my last chance so to speak. I had reached a point where I was sooo unhappy it wasn't an option to continue as I was and I felt this was the only and final option and I was going to grasp it with both hands and hang on tight!

xx

Slightly different for me

My weight has always fluctuated and I am a "foodie". I lost about 4.5 stone on WW when I was 24, had piled it on after the break up of a long term relationship.
Was a size 10, got a glamorous job as an air stewardess living abroad, met and married an Englishman. Due to complex circumstances marriage ended after 4 years, my confidence dipped again.Gradually piled on the weight over the years, didn't care - being slim always equated with man trouble for me. Getting fat meant less hassle. Was always very healthy and active. My mantra was "as long as I'm healthy I don't mind being obese". About 2 years ago I started getting serious respiratory illnesses, bronchitis, pneumonia for no apparent reason. 1 doctor suggested it ccould be weight related. I was furious, eventually calmmed down and thought, maybe?
Decided to lose weight and see if it made a difference. Had seen LL story in local paper. Started Feb 08 AT 21.5 stone.
Reached my goal mid December Health, life, job, confidence, everything 100% improved.
Haven't been back to tell the GP! Am considering it.
I feel as though i have my life back. If it hadn't worked I would not have tried again and I would not have consdiered surgery.
Thank God it did. All i have to do now is keep it off.........................!!
Wish me luck and good luck to all of you. You can do it.:D

Yep I am totally with KD on this one, it was kind of sh*t or bust,

Hello my little 'lurking/popping up very occasionally' friend :)

That is exactly how I feel. I am seeing my CDC in the morning to get this journey started :)

Yay! Get that click and away you go. All the best with it :clap:

All i have to do now is keep it off.........................!!
Wish me luck and good luck to all of you. You can do it.:D

You don't need luck thankfully. No more than you needed it to do the diet. Just a strong enough desire to succeed. know what you mean though LOL . An easy phrase to use.

So, may you keep that determination and focus in a good solid state until it feels so natural that it doesn't even occur to you to do anything to jeopordise it :cool:

Umm. Me thinks best of luck is easier to say :D

Hello my little 'lurking/popping up very occasionally' friend :)

Ah you noticed that... gosh darn it, I thought I had covered my tracks! :D

I just wanted to say that those pictures are SUCH an inspiration. You ladies have worked so hard, and it really spurs me on. That's what is making me click, real people and real stories - and I want one too!!Thanks!!

I just wanted to say that those pictures are SUCH an inspiration. You ladies have worked so hard, and it really spurs me on. That's what is making me click, real people and real stories - and I want one too!!Thanks!!

I agree - it is amazing the transformation!! I will be a success story too:D (in a few months)

There is plenty of good advice here. However, here is a little thing that made the whole difference to me.

I eat OK 13 days out of 14. On the 14th day, anything goes - no specific restriction. Sure my weight loss is slowed down.... instead of losing an average of 1-1.25lbs/week, it may be 0.5-0.75. Now I don't really care ... it is still easily acceptable if you have long term in mind.

It is very convenient to do it this way. There is always a social thing happening. Once by 2 weeks have proved to be efficient for me.

It enhances my confidence and now I know that I will last. Also my mindset has changed. Now I like to think of myself as a person with diabetes ... you can't just ignore it and it will be for the rest of my life.

I think a lot of it is about being kind to yourself. You know that you'll be healthier if you lose the weight, you'll feel and look better too. If you fall off the wagon for a day, don't beat yourself up, just start again the next day. It was the same when I gave up smoking. My weight loss is really slow but I'm hoping that I've changed my habits enough for this to be sustainable. Who said that you need to be good 80% of the time?

Thanks KD

I have maintained for a whole 3 months now! My head is still in the right place.
I feel as though my LL journey has set me up with the recipe for the rest of my life.
The CB/TA made the difference for me.
I just worry because I hear about so many people slipping and wonder why I should be so lucky..............
I know it's early days, but there's no way I'll let myself ever go back. I just keep thinking about the advantages health and happiness wise.

wel this is the first diet i have ever been on...

you wouldnt call me fat if you saw me, infact people tend to laugh when i say im overweight. but you soon realise that i actually get out of breath from normal walking. so that means i am way fatter than my body can handle.

so therefore i have decided to loose the weight. and also im tired of having a more rounded figure. you can see the roundness when i put on a tight t shirt. this might sound a bit gay, but i used to love wearing tight jeans and t shirts lol.

i would say weight loss is not the big thing, its about the mantaining of it which is more important.

because i remember on tv 1 doctor said 'if a person is fat they can loose the weight, but they will definitely gain that weight back some time in their lives', cant remember his name, but it was this program about a really really fat guy.

so i plan to continue doing weights and cardio regularly after i loose the weight. from what i heard, the more muscle mass i have the more calories my body will naturally burn.

but i have noticed its the lifestyle which is most important. few years ago i was in school, and played several sports every week. now that im uni its soo much more difficult. to have a game of football you have to plan it in advanced and stuf.

because i remember on tv 1 doctor said 'if a person is fat they can loose the weight, but they will definitely gain that weight back some time in their lives'

Yes, I've heard this as well. Damn annoying, but then I was always a rebel, so have no intention of proving them right ;)

but i have noticed its the lifestyle which is most important. few years ago i was in school, and played several sports every week. now that im uni its soo much more difficult. to have a game of football you have to plan it in advanced and stuf.

Yep and not just lifestyle, whole mindset change. I have changed my whole way of thinking and now I don't do anything to control my weight. My weight was a side effect of my problem and my life style. It wasn't the problem itself.

So, yes I do weigh daily to just check things are on plan, but with everything else in place, the weight issue controls itself :clap:

Yep and not just lifestyle, whole mindset change. I have changed my whole way of thinking and now I don't do anything to control my weight. My weight was a side effect of my problem and my life style. It wasn't the problem itself.

So, yes I do weigh daily to just check things are on plan, but with everything else in place, the weight issue controls itself :clap:

Thats when you know you have really cracked it - this is where I am going to be for the rest of my life!

Back