Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think porridge in the evening is a problem, you were only having it with superfree food. I'd have a hifi bar as my HEB on an evening, why is porridge any different? I think you risk over thinking it when you look at things like that, the only problem would be if you think it sits too heavy on your stomach at night, but that's a personal thing nothing to do with whether you'll loose or not
I just think that at her weight she'd struggle to loose with that sort of calorie load & it's more that a bowl of porridge and a banana is more like a meal (and is says 3 meals - there's already breakfast, lunch & dinner) than a snack - about 280 cals with a banana.
If it works for her great - but I personally would not expect to eat that amount over 7 days and have a bigger than normal loss (which I thought was the point of SE)
Still there's no harm in trying.

If you are following SE then you need to have three meals a day following the rules. Your breakfast doesn't and not does your lunch.

Snacks can be syns or healthy extras and these don't have to have the superfree.

You really don't need to worry about cals on SE as it is naturally low calorie.

Thanks ladies and thanks for bearing with me I'm a bit duh when it comes to understanding the plans

I thought the soup would be SE as it is just superfree veg with added rice, what do I need to add to it to make it so, would a plate of salad help?

Breakfast I know was off today as I'd not got any fruit or mushrooms and I'd started out as a red day....

I am alright to have fruit in between though aren't I ? not bananas as I know they are high in cals, I was thinking more apples and only if I get really hungry, I find if I drink enough fluids it does the trick of keeping me full so I'm not a constant snacker...

I get the point of porridge being more of a meal than a snack, I do weigh it (to be honest I've been under weighing it I discovered today and the amount has been fine) and I make it with water usually as I'm lactose intolerant ... I won't be having it tonight though now anyway as I'm still full from dinner...

Thnaks for the help xxxx

ultrabluedress said:
Thanks ladies and thanks for bearing with me I'm a bit duh when it comes to understanding the plans

I thought the soup would be SE as it is just superfree veg with added rice, what do I need to add to it to make it so, would a plate of salad help?

Breakfast I know was off today as I'd not got any fruit or mushrooms and I'd started out as a red day....

I am alright to have fruit in between though aren't I ? not bananas as I know they are high in cals, I was thinking more apples and only if I get really hungry, I find if I drink enough fluids it does the trick of keeping me full so I'm not a constant snacker...

I get the point of porridge being more of a meal than a snack, I do weigh it (to be honest I've been under weighing it I discovered today and the amount has been fine) and I make it with water usually as I'm lactose intolerant ... I won't be having it tonight though now anyway as I'm still full from dinner...

Thnaks for the help xxxx

Soup is fine if its a third rice.

Bananas are fine, stop worrying about calories.

You snack on superfree so bananas and other fruit is fine.

Porridge is okay, you can use our syns on what you like - no difference using 6 syns on porridge or on a cereal bar or small chocolate bar. Syns are for whatever you want.

Don't over think it.

Do you have to have a third free food? I thought it was like EE where you had to have at least 2/3rds superfree, so like if I wanted soup with a roll and my soup had a bit of potato and ham in, but not quite a third that would be okay?

Makes it quite complicated if you've got to really make sure its a third free and 2/3rds superfree as it can be hard to judge

SE is 3 meals made up of on third free and two thirds superfree. That's it!
You need the free food to give you some filling foods!!

Hi All,

I've been at target for quite a while now but due to working away quite a bit and eating on the go, I've gained a couple of lbs, nothing major, but I'd like to get them off by doing Success Express between Monday 26th November up until Friday 7th December (when my work Christmas party is!)

I understand Success Express but I also plan on having (for the most part) Super Speed Soup for Lunches, as I had a fab loss previously when I did a week of SS Soup for lunch, and am curious to know how this fits in with Success Express? From running my eye over the ingredients I'd hazard a guess that it's about 50% superfree. Could I round this off by ensuring that my breakfast is entirely superfree to make up for it? (this shouldn't be too much of an issue for me as I used to often have half a melon for breakfast and would happily go back to this)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Will also be scouring Minimins for meal plan ideas!

Not to be a bug bear.... but on the plans on the slimming world website some of the meals are all superfree, like the breakfast on day one (all fruit) so surely you don't have to worry about it being a third free as long as its no more then a third free food. I understand the free food is there to make sure your having something substantial, but sometimes you can have a substantial meal of superfree food.

I can only see one meal out of the 21 featured on the 7 day SE planner which does not follow the rule, I'd say it's best to have it. I really don't think you can have a substantial meal of superfree foods, not enough to fill you up for long anyway.

Each to their own. I think there could be a danger of having too few calories by not having the third free food and thus run the risk of not losing as much as the body holds on to it's energy stores.

I can understand that, but that's why you get the extra healthy extra's. Sorry I feel like I'm nagging a bit now, I don't mean to, its just personally I haven't tried success express yet, it does scare me a little... I would never try cutting out free foods to try and boost a loss don't get me wrong, I understand all the foods are important to the plan and I've had trouble loosing in the past after cutting down syns and only having one HEX on red and green days, but at the same time, the thought that I had to make sure my free was exactly a third no more and no less, would make me worry more so that I was doing it wrong, I can handle it being a third or less but it having to be exactly a third seems a bit daunting.

I would suggest just following the food plan on the website. It's a good guide. meals on SE tend to be made up of meat/fish/carbohydrates with a ton of veg or salad - it's easy to see on the plate whether it's a third or not.
Don't get too hung up on exact measures but do try to follow the guide.

Thanks ladies for the help

I know you can snack on superfree fruit and this might sound daft but can you snack on soup which made purely from superfree veg and nothing else? Cause I'm starving although I had lovely ham roll ups and salad as a late lunch and its forever until dinner

Thanks ladies for the help

I know you can snack on superfree fruit and this might sound daft but can you snack on soup which made purely from superfree veg and nothing else? Cause I'm starving although I had lovely ham roll ups and salad as a late lunch and its forever until dinner

Its any superfree food so whether it be fruit or veg As long as its superfree then it's fine !! I have the old leaflet from many moons ago!!
:)

Ok I'm having a success express day today !!
first time I've done one so here's my plan

Breaky - melon pineapple grapes satsuma banana
lunch- bacon mushrooms onion tomatoes 60 g wholemeal bread
dinner- chicken spuds cauliflower broccoli carrots gravy

hea -milk
heb-60g wholemeal bresd
heb- 2 hifi light bars

will post pictures off all my meals so if you see anything just let me know thanks :)

Also found this for anyone that's interested on the Sw website !!

As Slimming World members and dedicated Food Optimisers you know how vitally important Free Foods are to your weight loss.

They provide you with hundreds of delicious, satisfying meals and snacks to ensure you will slim without ever having to go hungry. And together with Healthy Extras, they ensure you have a healthy, balanced diet you can enjoy for life.

We've put together a deliciously diverse 7-day menu that's just bursting with basic Free Food - super for your weight loss and simple to follow.

Choose a menu each day - they include filling family favourites and packed lunch ideas for quick and easy suggestions. Then visit our at-a-glance guide to everyday Syns to plan your day

which of the following menus would you like to try?
Extra Easyvegetarianstudent/budgetfamily favouritessuccess express

Our delicious 7 day Success Express menu shows just how easy it is to enjoy one third of a plate of Free Food and two thirds of super-slimming Superfree Foods, to maximise your weight loss success.

Focus on Free Food power!
Every day enjoy three Success Express meals. Each mealtime, follow the 2-to-1 plate principle: fill one third of your plate with Free Food and two thirds of your plate with super-healthy, super-satisfying Superfree Foods - giving a touch more control to help boost your weight loss. For example, have a third of a plate of jacket potato with baked beans and cottage cheese (all Free Foods) with a huge salad bursting with Superfree veggies that fills the remaining two thirds - without weighing or counting.

Choose your Healthy Extras
Every day choose once or twice from the Healthy Extra 'a' list and twice from any Healthy Extra 'b' list, weighing and measuring when needed.

You can add your Healthy Extra to meals, for example by having a sandwich made with a third of a plateful of chicken, two thirds of a plate full of salad and two slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf. Or you can enjoy your Healthy Extras between meals.

Snack on Superfree Foods
Between meals, for starters and desserts, enjoy Superfree Foods - fresh or frozen fruit and vegetables. You can also enjoy Free Foods such as eggs, fat free dairy products eg Mullerlight yogurts and vegetable proteins such as Quorn and tofu.

Enjoy 5-15 Syns
To add a touch of additional structure and help you achieve that great weight loss, with Success Express we ask you to count the higher Syn value wherever they differ. For example, a thick pork sausage has 4½ Syns on Extra Easy or Original and 7 Syns on Green. On a Success Express day, count the higher (Green) Syn value.

Key:
Italic = Free Food

* Every day enjoy two 'b' choice and one or two 'a' choice from any Healthy Extra lists. We've included some Healthy Extra suggestions in our menu - feel free to swap these for your favourites.

Orange = Superfree Food
Black bold = Healthy Extra

Day one
Breakfast

Piles of strawberries, melon, grapefruit, oranges and blueberries

(All Superfree)

Roast dinner
Beef & boiled or dry-roasted potatoes and two thirds of a plate of carrots, broccoli, cabbage and green beans.

Gravy (made with 1 level tbsp of gravy granules is 5 Syns), small Yorkshire pudding (3 Syns)

Bacon and potato salad
Leftover potatoes and bacon, cooled and chopped, mixed with fat-free cottage cheese and 30g grated cheddar and chopped spring onions.

Served with two thirds of a plate of salad leaves, celery and tomatoes

Snacks: 2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g loaf, 55g reduced fat houmous, cucumber, tomato and beetroot

Day two
Breakfast
30g cereal & milk with two thirds of a bowl of strawberries, raspberries and chopped banana

Jacket potato and tuna
Two thirds of a plate of lettuce, cucumber, onions, peppers and tomatoes

Steak dinner
Steak and Slimming World-style chips and two thirds of a plate of mange tout, broccoli, swede and mushrooms

Snacks: 4 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original with 45g reduced fat cheddar and a sliced apple

Day three
Omelette
Eggs, sprinkled with 30g cheese and two thirds of your pan filled with peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and onions

Chicken sandwich
Chicken with two thirds of a plate of tomatoes, lettuce, cress and onion between 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Lasagne

Home-made using a Slimming World recipe.

Serve with two thirds of a plate of peppers, salad leaves, spring onions and cherry tomatoes

Snacks: 225g apple, baked and 1 level tbsp mincemeat with fat-free fromage frais

Day four
Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast from 400g loaf, baked beans, scrambled egg and two thirds of a plate of grilled tomatoes and mushrooms

Pasta salad
Salmon and pasta mixed with fat-free fromage frais and chives

Enjoy with two thirds of a plate of tomatoes, watercress, asparagus and radishes

Grilled chicken and couscous
Enjoy with two thirds of a plate of Greek salad: red onion, vine leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, 8 olives (1 Syn), and 50g feta cheese

Snacks: Fat-free yogurt and sliced banana

Day five
Breakfast
35g porridge oats & milk with two thirds of a bowl of sliced apple, pear and plum

Prawn cocktail
Prawns mixed with fat-free fromage frais and paprika with jacket potato

Piled high with two thirds of a plate of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, gherkins and tomatoes

Chinese stir fry
One third of a wok of chicken and noodles and two thirds of a plate of mange tout, beansprouts, water chestnuts, peppers and baby sweetcorn stir fried in soy sauce

Snacks: Hi-fi bar plus in your favourite fat-free yogurt with a bunch of grapes

Day six
Breakfast
Smoked salmon and scrambled egg with two thirds of a plate of wilted spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes

Turkey sandwich
Lean turkey and two thirds of a plate of red cabbage, beetroot, watercress and grated carrot between 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Cottage pie
Made with Quorn mince, onions, mushrooms, carrots, herbs, seasoning & beef Bovril and topped with mashed potato and cheese.

Served with two thirds of a plate of cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower

Snacks: 415g Baxters vegetarian mediterranean tomato soup and cucumber, carrot and pepper crudites

Day seven
Full English

Lean, grilled bacon, egg, baked beans and two thirds of a plate of mushrooms and tomatoes

Lunch
Chicken & sweetcorn mixed with fat-free fromage frais with two thirds of a plate of lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, peppers and tomatoes

Dinner
Rice & two thirds of a plate of vegetable chilli made from courgettes, carrots, peppers, aubergines, mushrooms, canned tomatoes and chilli powder

Snacks: 450g stewed rhubarb & 60g scoop reduced fat ice cream (4 Syns)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back