Success Express

Oh dear i was doing it wrong, never mind it still worked, no wonder i found it restrictive, not doing it this week, but shall do 3 days next week, i must admit i rarely have the recommended amount of syns, im all or nothing.. but having 1/3 free and 2/3 superfree those few days really gave me a boost,

On Extra Easy you choose the lowest syn value and eat 1/3 superfree
On Success Express you choose the highest syn value, eat 2/3 superfree and only snack on superfree

This link explains it better:

Success Express

Thanks for the link, going to ask my consultant about this tonight. Go on holiday in 2 weeks and would really like to lose 5lbs before then and think this might be the answer.

Spoke to my consultant last night and the only thing she's now confused me about is that she said I couldn't have ham, as an example, as a snack even if it's synned. So I asked when I would actually eat my syns (the meal being 2/3 superfree, 1/3 free), and she shrugged said that's a good point, she didn't know!

Shame there's not consistent information on this tool.

Snacks on SE should be superfree, syns or healthy extras.

You could have ham as a snack, synned at the highest (green) value

It's all in the leaflet, just don't overthink it.

Thanks, that's what I thought about the ham. I wasn't given a leaflet, so just going by what's on here and what my consultant has said.

jaylou said:

I agree it's v simple if you don't over think it! Snack on super free or use your syns at the higest value example being a snack of ham would have to be the same value as on the green plan :)

jaylou said:

Didn't mean to repeat about the ham my eyes skipped that lol

Thanks for the link, going to ask my consultant about this tonight. Go on holiday in 2 weeks and would really like to lose 5lbs before then and think this might be the answer.

The only thing to be wary of in that link is the definition of Superfree. It says "ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS)." - its quite an old diagram and syn free yoghurts are not classed as superfree any more - superfree is only most fruit & most veg.

Yep, in the good old days, superfree was yoghurt, cottage cheese, eggs etc - so I used to snack on these between meals, and use them as part of the meal!
Not any more - it's actually stricter than it used to be, so losses should be better!

ermintrude said:
The only thing to be wary of in that link is the definition of Superfree. It says "ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS)." - its quite an old diagram and syn free yoghurts are not classed as superfree any more - superfree is only most fruit & most veg.

Isn't Quorn super free too or have I got it wrong again ;) lol

jaylou said:
Yep, in the good old days, superfree was yoghurt, cottage cheese, eggs etc - so I used to snack on these between meals, and use them as part of the meal!
Not any more - it's actually stricter than it used to be, so losses should be better!

I did think eggs were super free too as I was remembering the old school
Days :)

And my consultant said you could have syn free yogurts as a snack, without synning them!!!

Thanks for all your replies, going to give it a go with what you've told me once I've replenished the fruit bowl.

jaylou said:
Quorn used to be, superfree is now only fruit and non starch veg

Ahhhh right ... I didn't go back to class this time round... Really must go overt husbands books :) thank you :)

Back