Sue Dunhym's Diary

Lol Sue the tena lady remark made me laff! I'm a bit "weak of bladder" but I find the more I drink the more my body can handle it, so try to build up gradually. Glad you're not so hungry my dear.

What an excellent loss!!! One big step made towards your ultimate goal. Excellent!

I lost 10lbs :)

I am pleased. Obviously I don't expect a similar loss next week but I am pleased because it means I can aim to lose 4lbs next week and that'll mean a stone!

Well done! That is brilliant! You need to change the details now on the left hand side under your forum name. You are OUT of the 200's! :D

spangles said:
It's never been a problem from the restaurant's perspective when I've gone out and not eaten. Sue's and my mutual friend, gaijingirl, used to take her soup pack and ask them to make it up for her. I always took along a bar (but didn't have to do it til after bars were allowed). It is a little odd, but not as strange as you might expect to feel. Mostly you're there for the conversation, and you won't be missing out on that at all.

I remember Gaijingirl from the ww website many years ago. I emailed her a couple of times for advice about Lighter Life in 2006/7 & she made me inspired to do it! Small world.

She's fab. I remember bumping into her after she'd lost all her weight and not recognising her at all!

And that was when the seeds were sown for me. it took another couple of years (three?) for me to commit to the idea, though. When she first told me I was horrified by the prospect.

From your posts on here & her emails, I think all 3 of us would agree that a vlcd, whilst hard, offers a comforting release & freedom from bingeing. Yes, I remember her photos, she looked amazing!

Feeling pretty good today. The amount of mental space taken up by CD is diminishing, which is nice. I'm not thinking about it ALL THE TIME now. And I'm starting to make the changeover from person who expects to have food to someone who just isn't doing food right now. That's not say it's not hard but I can see how it might get easier. And the hunger is certainly less.

I've booked myself for a reflexology session next Monday. I don't believe in all the hippy bollocks, I'm essentially just paying someone to give me a nice long foot massage. So that'll be nice.

I've changed CDCs - I'm going to see the lady who was covering for my original CDC while she was away. It is a bit further away but I've clicked with her much better and she's actually an addiction counsellor so she's got a really good insight into the emotions behind bingeing etc.

Quick question: can I have caffeine-free diet coke? I remembered what you said, spangles, about malic v citric acid so I checked the can, which lists citric acid. But then I checked a can of ordinary diet coke and that also said citric acid?

I am finding not being hungry quite fascinating. I had a tiny tetrapack at 10am and at 2.45 still wasn't hungry! But I had my soup anyway. It's very weird not being hungry, it feels like that was always my default state previously. I have NEVER been a "eh, not bothered about food" kind of person. I will ALWAYS eat if I can. Weird.

So glad the hunger has gone for you, was worried you'd missed out on that.

You wait til you stop being tempted by food too, cos that's a real brain fecker.

Yeah - citric acid is in almost all soft drinks. The only safe bet is coke zero (diet coke could knock you out so be careful). I believe some supermarket own brand colas also use malic acid.

Oh, my CDC said diet coke OR coke zero. Ok, I'll switch to coke zero then. Ta.

For my Chinese meal out with friends on Saturday night I am thinking I might ask for some steamed pak choi. MY CDC said that rather than feeling deprived and getting cross with the whole thing and potentially rebelling, it's ok to have a SS+ food. I haven't decided yet.

Today I am mostly struggling against habit. I keep finding myself about to put food in my mouth out of habit! Cut up some grapes for my daughter and almost popped one in my mouth. Clearing away her lunch of beans on toast and almost had a bite. And I'm still having those ingrained thoughts like "She's napping, time for a sandwich". I guess it'll take some time for those habits to fade.

Weigh-in tonight. I don't think I've quite reached my goal of 4lbs this week which is a little frustrating. But I have lost *some* weight and found it much easier this week so I'll keep going. Next week I'll be on my period so I'm not expecting much of a loss but the week after should be good.

I find myself getting excited thinking of the things that will be better when I'm slim. Nice clothes!

Back